Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread

Go down 
+7
umm uthman
-Fady-
dismal
UmmSayf
Admin
Kasim
Nisaa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Kasim wrote:
oh after salah? i misread your post. sorry..the link you posted is brilliant

It's okay.

Oh I just saw it, some of them have backup underneath - that's what I was looking for... d'oh. In fact all of them do.. how did I miss it.. =/

Oh I'm proper dopey man.. I already know these duas... minus the long ones and a few others. =P

I need to go over all of them.. I'm forgetting.. =o =(

~

Quote :
One should make Witr as the last salah (prayer) (at night). Abdullah bin Umar Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated thet the Prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam said : “Make Witr as your last salah (prayer) at night.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Isn't there two nafl after that though... =s =(

Can I pray my nafl before witr then?

Quote :
Abu Huraira Radhiallahu ‘anhu said : “My Khalil (friend) (the Prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam) advised me to observe three things and I shall not leave them till I die: 1. “To observe Saum (fasting) three days every (lunar) month; 2.” To offer the Duha prayer; 3. To offer Witr prayer before sleeping.” Naratted by Bukhari and Muslim.

^^ before sleeping... =o

So been doing some researching and I found

Quote :
(38) Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who amongst you is afraid that he may not be able to get up at the end of the night should observe witr (in the first part) and then sleep, and he who is confident of getting up and praying at night (i. e. Tahajjud prayer) should observe it at the end of it, for the recitation at the end of the night to visited (by angels), and that is excellent. (Book #004, Hadith #1651)

Aha! So you can pray after sleeping.

Quote :
(40) 'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported: He spent (one night) in the house of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He (the Holy Prophet) got up, brushed his teeth and performed ablution and said:" In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, there are indeed signs for people of understanding" (al-Qur'an, iii. 190), to the end of the Surah. He then stood up and prayed two rak'ahs, standing, bowing and prostrating himself at length in them. Then he finished, went to sleep and snored. He did that three times, six rak'ahs altogether, each time cleaning his teeth, performing ablution, and reciting these verses. Then he observed three rak'ahs of witr. The Mu'adhdhin then pronounced the Adhan and he went out for prayer and was saying,:" O Allah I place light in my heart, light in my tongue, place light in my hearing, place light in my eyesight, place light behind me, and light in front of me, and place light above me, and light below me. O Allah! grant me light." (Book #004, Hadith #1682)

I thought he prayed 8 rakaah! =o From what I read when Z Blade posted Tahajjud prayers on ummah... hmmmm.. let me find it.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142427

I still can't do the waking up going back to sleep waking up.. =( I don't know how it's done.. Like you wake up when the third potion of the night has begun, then pray, then go to sleep, then again.. I can't do that though, I'd probably sleep through it all. =/ But like there's narrations what I read saying... I'll quote it even.

Quote :
39) Kuraib, the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas, reported that Ibn 'Abbas narrated to him that he spent a night in the house of Maimuna, the mother of the believers, who was his mother's sister. I lay down across the cushion, whereas the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and his wife lay down on it length-wise. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) slept up till midnight, or a little before midnight of a little after midnight, and then got up and began to cast off the effects of sleep from his face by rubbing with his hand, and then recited the ten concluding verses of Surah 'Imran. He then stood up near a hanging water-skin and performed ablution well, and then stood up and prayed, 'Ibn 'Abbas said: I also stood up and did the same, as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had done, and then went to him and stood by his side. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) placed his right hand upon my head and took hold of my right ear and twistedit, and then observed a pair of rak'ahs, again a pair of rak'ahs, again a pair of rak'ahs, again a pair of rak'ahs, again a pair of rak'ahs, again a pair of rak'ahs, and then observed witr and then lay down till the Mu'adhdhin came to him. He (the Holy Prophet) then stood up and observed two short rak'ahs, and then went out (to the mosque) and observed the dawn prayer. (Book #004, Hadith #1672)

So is it okay to do it like that... =o

Right I've gone off track now.. I'll go back to answering my question... which was... the nafl after witr... sunnipath says there's a narration in Sahih Muslim but I can't seem to find it and they never quoted it..

Last edited by Nisaa on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 pm

i have forgotten a few duas... infact i dont even know the sixth kalima Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm

You know the kalimah's right, where do they come from? And did the Prophet (pbuh) read them.. ? Or is it just basics of faith.. because it's pretty much it.. isn't it.. =/ ?
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 pm

i dont know...been learnt them from childhood...they are just basics of faiths...first one is kalimah...second one is shahadah..third one is a dua...fourth one is tawheed...fifth is istaghfaar...sixth is a dua so i think its ok...i mean just look at the meaning
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah I know the meanings and stuff, was just wondering because I as always come across stuff and people were like it's misguidance... so I dunno.. =/

JazakAllahu khair

We'll see if anyone else knows inshaallah.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Dont worry much about it.Allah won't let you misguide. Make dua and read Quran. and everything will be ok inshallah
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Quote :
You can only read those duas in nafl prayers only or in tahajjud...you can read any dua in tahajjud sujood. you can even make dua in your own language...its for that anyway!

You can't make dua in salaah in a different language.

Quote :
Are these duas proper and good as in can you recite them after salah? Can you recite anything after salah or no? =(

Yes those dua's are proper, and you can recite any dua after salaah, in whatever language you want to.

Quote :
I know it may be silly, but explain to me someone in very easy definition what all falls into bid'ah because I get scared about every little thing ... and I don't wanna be because I heard a lecture about the people who overdo things and become overwhelmed by satanic whispers - they're also transgressors .. so help.. please.

Well i'd have to see some examples of things to tell whether they're bid'ah or not.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Quote :
Isn't there two nafl after that though... =s =(

Can I pray my nafl before witr then?

You make your nafl witr after your witr, not before.

Quote :
Aha! So you can pray after sleeping.

Yes before or after sleeping, if you feel you will oversleep and miss witr if you sleep then you should make it before going to sleep.

Quote :
I thought he prayed 8 rakaah! =o From what I read when Z Blade posted Tahajjud prayers on ummah... hmmmm.. let me find it.

Tahajjud doesn't have to be 8 rakaats.

Quote :
I still can't do the waking up going back to sleep waking up.. =( I don't know how it's done.. Like you wake up when the third potion of the night has begun, then pray, then go to sleep, then again.. I can't do that though, I'd probably sleep through it all. =/ But like there's narrations what I read saying... I'll quote it even.

So is it okay to do it like that... =o

Yes it's perfectly fine to do it like that.

Quote :
You know the kalimah's right, where do they come from? And did the Prophet (pbuh) read them.. ? Or is it just basics of faith.. because it's pretty much it.. isn't it.. =/ ?

They come from different places, Kasim already told you about the first two, and you already posted the fouth one in your link, the third one could be from one hadith, or it could be like a compilation from the various ahadith where all those words are mentioned, and the fifth one i don't know where it comes from, but it's an istighfaar, i'll try and see if i can find out where it's from Insha Allah.

but what's the sixth kalimah? scratch
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964).
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

But that's the fifth one, what's your fifth one then? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 pm

That one was not taught to me, there always only 5, and your sixth one was in place of this one.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 pm

hmmm well i know upto 5..dont know sixth...have you been taught imaan muffasal and mujjamal too?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 pm

That's 6 and 7.

7 is the belief in prophets/angels/books etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:44 pm

i only know of 6
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Nisaa wrote:
That's 6 and 7.

7 is the belief in prophets/angels/books etc etc etc

That's right, so i'm not the odd one out here thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:29 pm

You know like how the Prophet (pbuh) used to switch the amounts of rakaah's he'd perform for Tahajjud prayers, is it better to do that also? Like I've read in narrations, like them posted, he'd pray 6/8 .. and the maximum you can pray is ... I've forgotten.. =s =(

The bid'ah question, well it doesn't really matter now because I got the answer from my other questions, and I was just being paranoid.

For validity of wudu:

You have to get rid of anything that creates a boundary right? So cause I have many cuts and wounds and stuff... =o no I don't emo slice, they're open wounds, like there's no need to put a plaster on them, they're just there, can't do anything about it until it heals if it ever will. =P So I wash it obviously but then you know if sometimes it bleeds and you clean it and then the wound is still wet it kinda gets like.. if it's a deep wound, I'm not sure if anyone's had this so I can't explain it... =/ but like.. I don't knowwwwww... ugh..

Anyway, usually I end up there for ages trying to make sure it's all clean and proper and there's nothing there that will make my wudu invalid.. I just wanted to know if I had to put that effort in always.. like there's no point if it doesn't make a barrier is there?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Nisaa wrote:
You know like how the Prophet (pbuh) used to switch the amounts of rakaah's he'd perform for Tahajjud prayers, is it better to do that also? Like I've read in narrations, like them posted, he'd pray 6/8 .. and the maximum you can pray is ... I've forgotten.. =s =(

The bid'ah question, well it doesn't really matter now because I got the answer from my other questions, and I was just being paranoid.

For validity of wudu:

You have to get rid of anything that creates a boundary right? So cause I have many cuts and wounds and stuff... =o no I don't emo slice, they're open wounds, like there's no need to put a plaster on them, they're just there, can't do anything about it until it heals if it ever will. =P So I wash it obviously but then you know if sometimes it bleeds and you clean it and then the wound is still wet it kinda gets like.. if it's a deep wound, I'm not sure if anyone's had this so I can't explain it... =/ but like.. I don't knowwwwww... ugh..

Anyway, usually I end up there for ages trying to make sure it's all clean and proper and there's nothing there that will make my wudu invalid.. I just wanted to know if I had to put that effort in always.. like there's no point if it doesn't make a barrier is there?

Allahu A3lam, but i'd think it would be more rewarding to make 8 rakaats.

What do you mean by boundaries? if something prevents water from reaching your skin then that should be removed, however if you have a plaster on a wound, and if removing the plaster will affect the wound then you don't remove it and just make masah over it, and also your insides are not meant to be washed, so there's no need to go putting water into your deep wounds, and as for scabs, you make wudhu over them, you don't have to go removing them regardless of whether they're hard or soft.

So yeah you don't have to go through all that extra effort, but just make sure you're making your wudhu properly without missing any part thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm

I am silly, but you can't expect me to actually rip my scabs off to make wudu. =/

Not boundaries, barrier. So like water has to touch the skin. I can't put plasters on them, it's ridiculous.. might as well keep them open. I tried finding something, but can't see to, maybe I'm sheshal.. but JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Eh? scratch what were you trying to find? scratch
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 pm

That thing what i was going on about.

Never mind it then. =/
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:52 pm

The Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa send a delegation and one of the companions got a head wound and he needed to make ghusl (from janaba) so he asked his companions and they said "we don't see anything except that you should make ghusl" he died, when the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa heard this he said "they killed him may Allah kill them, could they not have asked?..." or close to it

Moral of the hadith- Don't kill yourself
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 pm

I don't understand it..

Quote :

Question
If I prayed Isha, or any other prayer, and then 1 hour later I see a cut with dried blood around it, does it mean I have to pray Isha again? I didn't notice any blood from the cut until then.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

If one noticed najaasah (impurity) greater than the size of a dirham sometime after praying salah, and did not notice it or know of it until then, the salah will be valid and will not have to be repeated.

وفي السراج : لو وجد في ثوبه نجاسة مغلظة أكثر من قدر الدرهم ولم يعلم بالإصابة لم يعد شيئا بالإجماع وهو الأصح . قلت : وهذا يشمل الدم ، فيقتضي أن الأصح عدم الإعادة مطلقا تأمل

(Raddul Muhtar, 1/220, HM Saeed)

ومشايخنا قالوا في البول يعتبر من آخر ما بال وفي الدم من آخر ما رعف وفي المني من آخر ما احتلم أو جامع كذا في البدائع ومراده بالاحتلام النوم ؛ لأنه سببه بدليل ما نقله في المحيط عن ابن رستم أنه يعيد من آخر نومة نامها فيه واختار في المحيط أنه لا يعيد شيئا لو رأى دما

(Al-Bahr al-Raaiq, 1/221, Rashidiyya)

(Fatawa Mahmudiyya, 6/587, Faruqiyya)

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Ml. Asif Umar,
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

What's that size? A coin? A penny... what size is it?
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Do you need to know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next