Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread

Go down 
+7
umm uthman
-Fady-
dismal
UmmSayf
Admin
Kasim
Nisaa
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Empty
PostSubject: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 pm

aswrwb

I have loads of questions, and I'll try thinking and being logical before posting.. so I thought I'd make a thread so it's not just one topic... but all in the Hanafi madhab 'cause I grew up following it.

I do have a question..

I know the Prophet (pbuh) said that you can't have the Maghrib and the Witr to be the same. So how does it differ.. ? Because all I can think of is the qunoot and even then I found some stuff saying it shouldn't be recited always.. Do help me, I know nothing. =(

Like he's pray either 1,3,5,7 etc.. odd numbers.. and not always 3 ..

You know he (pbuh) used to leave the witr for the .. last third of the night was it? Well when does Isha's time run out? I read somewhere it's something like after midnight... not them words exact but like after a part of the night has passed.

'Cause I wanna leave it then I feel scared that I've missed the time already, so I just pray it like with the rest of Isha salaah..

JazakAllahu khair

=o
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:50 am

I used to think isha time runs after midnight but it stays till late. Infact the more late you read the more good it is
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:17 pm

wswrwb

According to the hanafi madhab witr is 3, and never more than 3, the shaafi'i madhab is the same, their witr is one amount and always that amount, you don't make 3 one night and then 5 another night.

Quote :
Because all I can think of is the qunoot and even then I found some stuff saying it shouldn't be recited always.. Do help me, I know nothing. =(

Ignore whoever it was that told you that, because the qunoot is part of witr.

Quote :
You know he (pbuh) used to leave the witr for the .. last third of the night was it?

That is the best time to make witr, but you can make witr directly after eshaa and it will be perfectly valid.

Quote :
Well when does Isha's time run out? I read somewhere it's something like after midnight... not them words exact but like after a part of the night has passed.

the middle road posted something on the subject in the question thread on ummah when he was replying to a question rahamath asked him, it was a quotation from imam nawawi rahimahullah and it said that eshaa goes up till fajr time.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:34 pm

JazakAllahu khair

Right, I get that, then who follows the opinion that you can switch the number of rakaah's in witr salah as long as it's an odd number?

If a person is praying behind an imam, does the imam get like... not blamed or anything, but like if the person praying behind makes a mistake does it fall under the imam's responsibility?

=/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Quote :
Right, I get that, then who follows the opinion that you can switch the number of rakaah's in witr salah as long as it's an odd number?

I have no idea, this is the first time i ever hear of it Rubeyes

Quote :
If a person is praying behind an imam, does the imam get like... not blamed or anything, but like if the person praying behind makes a mistake does it fall under the imam's responsibility?

eh? scratch

The imaam is free of what the muqtadi (the one following the imaam) does.

For instance if the muqtadi makes a mistake in salaah then the imaam doesn't make sajdah sahwu, but if the imaam made a mistake then the muqtadi too will have to make the sajdah sahwu.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 pm

I know the witr thing, I read it once on ummah too actually..

The imaam stuff, came across a fatawaa from Islam QA (=P The one you said is more accurate than sunnipath) and it said that... I'll try find it.
Back to top Go down
UmmSayf
Samakah
UmmSayf

Female Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Nisaa wrote:
(=P The one you said is more accurate than sunnipath) .

*scratch*

Even for the Hanafi?

The tawassul differences come to mind, although I do actually agree with the Islam QA one.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:32 pm

I don't know much about tawassul.. but I read a bit on it once and couldn't agree with it (the through other things not directly to Allah (SWT)).. though again, I don't know much about it, never really went much into it because I didn't want to be reading wrong things.. =s like coming across weird things... I tend to do that sometimes because I'm a bit clumsy.. =o

Wasilah means nearness to Allah (swt) doesn't it? Then aside from like what some people do weird stuff is it same thing?

Ihsan is excellence.. =/ ?

Which Islam QA opinion? =/
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:07 am

You know there was a question on ummah someone asking whether they have to renew their shahada because they weren't practicing for many years before then, because it's kufr if you don't pray.

Also, I were reading and the question was also "do I have to redo my nikah" and I was like"eh?" and I read on and it said that if the man wasn't praying before then the nikah isn't accepted because he's now a kafir until he starts to pray again? I were like woooooah, that's bad.. because =o marriages and stuff happen regardless if their practicing and if they aren't accepted then .... subhanallah!

My source is again Islam QA. =P

It's easier to search on it too. I quite like it, it's pretty.

Hm... that's weird, there's different scholarly opinions.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:45 pm

UmmSayf wrote:
Nisaa wrote:

*scratch*

Even for the Hanafi?

The tawassul differences come to mind, although I do actually agree with the Islam QA one.

There are many things i don't agree with islamqa on, that's mainly fiqh stuff, things like standing foot to foot and all that stuff, but i get the majority of fatwas from islamqa, and only if i'm really desperate will i go to sunnipath.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Quote :
Wasilah means nearness to Allah (swt) doesn't it? Then aside from like what some people do weird stuff is it same thing?

waseelah is like the tool that connects you to Allah, the dictionary meaning is "adapter"

Like you got an appliance thats not plugged in, but so and so has a socket where you can plug it in, then that is your means of waseelah in attaining electricity, does it make sense?

Quote :
Ihsan is excellence.. =/ ?

in what context? like islaam eemaan and ihsaan?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Quote :
You know there was a question on ummah someone asking whether they have to renew their shahada because they weren't practicing for many years before then, because it's kufr if you don't pray.

According to the hanafi madhab you don't become a kaafir if you don't make salaah, and i've read the same in the shaafi'i madhab as well, however the shaafi'i madhab said that although the person will be killed he will not become a kaafir, just like a zaani will be stoned but it doesn't make him a kaafir.

And i'll tell you this in advance, one of the views of islamqa that i don't hold is their view that old salaah doesn't have to made qadhaa of because they say since you're a kaafir so the fardhiyyat of it falls off, however as far as my research goes all 4 madhabs say that the salaah must be made qadhaa of, so don't go following islamqa in that nono
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:59 pm

^^ Yep I know that 'cause I asked that, and Islam QA said there's no point because well... times gone and you have a set time to pray.
Back to top Go down
UmmSayf
Samakah
UmmSayf

Female Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Admin wrote:
UmmSayf wrote:
Nisaa wrote:

*scratch*

Even for the Hanafi?

There are many things i don't agree with islamqa on, that's mainly fiqh stuff, things like standing foot to foot and all that stuff, but i get the majority of fatwas from islamqa, and only if i'm really desperate will i go to sunnipath.

But one problem I have is that fatwa's on IslamQA and SunniPath are like at totally opposite ends of the spectrum...So if you're taking IslamQA you're going totally against the SunniPath one....

What I'm trying to say is that even at Tawassul...they both say the opposite...so how you know what you're supposed to stick to?

Coz I'd take IslamQA for tawassul etc but for everything else I'd wanna stick there too....But I'm not sure if I should coz it seems to be ... well Salafi *scratch*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:53 pm

aye islamqa is salafi, and sunnipath is "sufi" which really is at the other end of the spectrum, that's why i prefer islamqa cos that's the path of caution, cos sunnipath is too modernist for my liking, that's not to say that everything they say is wrong though, when they give proofs for what they say then it's fine, but for the most part most of the answers dont have any proof, which is the polar opposite of islamqa.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:09 pm

And I read on Islam QA that you should read a lot of nafls to make up for the missed fardh salahs..

Anyyyhow someone kindly post a few easy to learn duas for me those you can say in your sujood. JazakAllahu khair

=P

Correct me if I'm wrong.. you say your tasbeeh in sujood then after recite the dua then sit from sujood, correcto? No correcto?

Me no know... teach me something else! I want to learn everything
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Quote :
And I read on Islam QA that you should read a lot of nafls to make up for the missed fardh salahs..

You must make up the missed fardh ones, apart from that you dont "have" to do anything, but if you want to then you can.

Quote :
Anyyyhow someone kindly post a few easy to learn duas for me those you can say in your sujood.

Unfortunately i can't help you there, because i know nothing of the subject, i seem to recall someone saying that you should read it in your nafl salaah and not in the faraaidh, and also that the duas you make must be in arabic (which is kinda obvious) and i'm not if they said it must be from the sunnah too, but i'd advise a person to read the duas that are from the sunnah, but anyway i know nothing of the subject and until i do some serious learning on the subject i won't be doing it, because i wouldn't want to risk my salaah doing things that i don't know about.
Back to top Go down
dismal
a nobody
dismal

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Is it just the Hanafi school of thought that has a different way of positions for women to sit in or all four?

- Elf.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:43 pm

You mean is it only the hanafi madhab where a womans postures in salaah is different to mens?

I'm not sure about all four, but MMS should know, seeing as she posted an article about it on ummah before.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Quote :

Check that thread i posted in the hanbali fiqh section, it comes from sunnipath, but it supports what i have learnt of the hanbali madhab.
Back to top Go down
dismal
a nobody
dismal

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Yes, I meant it like that. I shall see.

I have not found that one which you mentioned but I have found something but have not yet read it properly. JazakAllahu khair

- Elf.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:55 pm

Are these duas proper and good as in can you recite them after salah? Can you recite anything after salah or no? =(

Here

I know it may be silly, but explain to me someone in very easy definition what all falls into bid'ah because I get scared about every little thing ... and I don't wanna be because I heard a lecture about the people who overdo things and become overwhelmed by satanic whispers - they're also transgressors .. so help.. please.

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 pm

You can only read those duas in nafl prayers only or in tahajjud...you can read any dua in tahajjud sujood. you can even make dua in your own language...its for that anyway!

but in normal fardh salah...just Subhana Rabbiyal Aala three times...or have you discussed this before?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 pm

..Huh? Read dua in English in salah?

No, them duas are for after salaah ..

Kinda discussed that though, check previous page. JazakAllahu khair =)
Back to top Go down
Kasim

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:58 pm

oh after salah? i misread your post. sorry..the link you posted is brilliant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next