Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Questions...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Questions... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 pm

It says them that worship the dinar or the dirham.. = so they love money, and that is shirk? I can't remember right..

But is it also for clothes? If you love your clothes to be a certain brand? That is wrong? Or do they mean in a sense that it takes over, so it interferes with your Islam?

I guess it can show arrogance though right?

I know horoscopes/palm reading is all wrong, what about them facebook quizzes what say 'what is your idea career' I don't do them, but other people do and you tend to read and some of the stuff what is says for them in the quizzes and it makes you wonder... because it's stuff like 'you're this and this kind of a person, and this is best suited to you' ... do you get what I'm saying? Would you say them are wrong too? I feel like I should stay far away from even reading other people's stuff?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Can someone give me the proper dua for protection from shirk? I've been on the makedua website, the Arabic says something different to the transliteration... =s
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:34 pm

ermm..

I was finding a hadith.. I think it's this one actually, but could you tell me if you're allowed to use these kinda words for Allah? As in if these are equivalent/exact translations from Arabic?

Secondly, for a person to be given the ability to make du’a is a great blessing in itself. A person who raises his hand in du’a before Allah Ta'ala should never be concerned whether the du’a will be accepted or not. A person should have complete conviction that whatever du’a is made will definitely be accepted in the court of Allah. It is mentioned in a Hadith recorded by Abu Dawood, Tirmizi, Ibn Majah and Mustadrak Haakim that, Allah is extremely kind, One who gives without asking, Allah is extremely modest and shy, when His servants spread their hands before Him, He feels shy to refuse or reject their requests.

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Can someone explain to me what is shirk khafi...

Because all I know about it is to dislike something that has happened and to blame someone else for it... (and that's shirk because you're joining partners with Allah saying that oh if so and so done that then this etc..)

?

Does that also mean you can't get angry at someone? Like if they did something so stupid is it wrong to feel anger... because sometimes you can't control it? Like you don't go and yell at them and strangle them, but just the anger inside... I wonder if that's wrong to feel..

Basically I just wanna know all about it.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:00 am

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3364041#post3364041

=/

That statement does not sound right... right? I heard one time (looong time ago so memory might be crusty), that you can't say that, at least I'm sure it was similar and in stead say the love of Allah is inside our hearts.. or fear or whatever you wanna say..

I feel nervous now when someone mentions something and I feel a bit =s about it, I can't leave it.. I feel like I'm responsible.. so am I if I don't say anything?

I dunno, I wouldn't know what to say, I just want someone else to say something.. =( plus I am not knowledgeable so.. I couldn't say anything anyway..
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:56 am

What Negates One's Islam

Shaikh-ul-Islam Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab stated, "Know that ten matters negate one's Islam. [They are:]

"First, associating partners in the worship of Allah. Allah says,

"Verily, Allah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners in worship with Him, but He forgives whom He pleases other sins than that" (al-Nisa 116).

Allah also says,

"Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrongdoers, there are no helpers" (al-Maidah 72).

Included in this category of deeds is sacrificing animals for the sake of jinn or graves.

"Second, whoever sets up an intermediary between himself and Allah, whom he prays to, seeks intercession from and puts his reliance in, has blasphemed according to the consensus of the scholars.

"Third, whoever does not consider the polytheists as disbelievers or whoever has doubt concerning their disbelief or whoever considers their way as correct has committed an act of disbelief himself.

"Fourth, if a person believes that some guidance other than the guidance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is more complete than his or that another's judgment is better than the Prophet's, [then that person has committed an act of disbelief]. This would be like the one who prefers the rule and law of false gods [be they human or otherwise] over the Prophet's rule and law. This position is one of disbelief.

"Fifth, whoever dislikes anything the Prophet (peace be upon him) brought, even if he acts by it, has committed an act of disbelief.

"Sixth, whoever ridicules or jokes about any part of the religion of the Messenger (peace be upon him) or its rewards or its punishments, has committed an act of disbelief. The evidence for this is in the Words of Allah,

"Say: Was it Allah, or His signs or His Messenger that you were mocking? Make no excuse, you have disbelieved after you had believed." (al-Tauba 65-66).

"Seventh, the performing of magic [is an act of disbelief], this includes those magical incantations that make one love or hate another person. Whoever performs them or is pleased with them has committed an act of disbelief. Allah says in the Quran,

"But neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) until they had said, 'We are only for trial, so disbelieve not [by learning such magic from us]"' (al-Baqara 102).

"Eighth, assisting and supporting the polytheists against the Muslims [is also a type of disbelief]. The proof for this is in Allah's statement,

"And if any among you takes them [the Jews and Christians] as helpers and protectors, then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are wrongdoing" (al- Maida 51).

"Ninth, if a person believes that some people are permitted to be free of the Law of Muhammad (peace be upon him), in the same way that Khidr was free of the law of Moses (peace be upon him), then that person is a disbeliever.

"Tenth, turning away from the religion of Allah, not learning it or applying it, [is also a form of disbelief]. The evidence for this is Allah's saying,

"And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the signs of his Lord, then he turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the sinners" (al-Sajdah 22).

"There is no difference with respect to all of the above whether the act is done jokingly, seriously or out of fear. The only exception is one who is coerced. All of them are from the greater of the dangerous acts and they are also among the most common in occurrence. A Muslim must be aware
of them and fear for himself concerning such actions. We seek refuge in Allah from that which brings about His anger and the painfulness of His punishment"

Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is of Two Types: With Respect to Belief and with Respect to Actions.

Hypocrisy with respect to beliefs is of six types. The one who is guilty of any of them will be in the lowest pit of the Hellfire.

These are:

(1) Denying or disbelieving the Messenger (peace be upon him).
    (2) Denying something that the Messenger (peace be upon him) presented or taught.
    (3) Having hatred for the Messenger (peace be upon him).
    (4) Having hatred for something the Messenger (peace be upon him) presented.
    (5) Being pleased if the religion of the Messenger (peace be upon him) is diminished or weakened.
    (6) Being displeased if the religion of the Messenger (peace be upon him) is strengthened or
    victorious.

http://islamicweb.com/beliefs/creed/what_negates_Islam.htm
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm

oh yeah and the names of Allah are in the Qur'an and sunnah, say you hear a name, do you verify it, but in some nasheeds they say names of Allah and I dunno if they're really names of Allah or not, so I can sing it or not?

Like.. they say Ya Khaliqal-Akwaan

I know Allah says He is rabbil aalameen..

Do you have to verify everything, I mean you have to because you can't just make up a name for Allah right?

I'm sorry if it's not a good question it's just been bugging me..
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Quote :
It says them that worship the dinar or the dirham.. = so they love money, and that is shirk? I can't remember right..

No it's not shirk.

Quote :
But is it also for clothes? If you love your clothes to be a certain brand? That is wrong? Or do they mean in a sense that it takes over, so it interferes with your Islam?

Obviously if it affects your deen then it'll be wrong, but if not then i don't see how it's wrong scratch

Quote :
Can someone give me the proper dua for protection from shirk? I've been on the makedua website, the Arabic says something different to the transliteration... =s

What's the arabic and transliteration?

Quote :
I was finding a hadith.. I think it's this one actually, but could you tell me if you're allowed to use these kinda words for Allah? As in if these are equivalent/exact translations from Arabic?

I don't know what arabic word is used in the hadeeth so i can't help you unfortunately No

Quote :
That statement does not sound right... right?

Can you copy what's said in the post? because if i click the link then my subscribed threads will get messed up there Neutral

Quote :

It's hidden shirk, like riyaa and all those kinda stuff, it's not shirk which takes you out of the fold of islaam, unless you're refering to some other shirk? confused
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Quote :
Do you have to verify everything, I mean you have to because you can't just make up a name for Allah right?

I'm sorry if it's not a good question it's just been bugging me..

It's fine if it's true, khaaliq al akwaan means the creator of everything, and Allaah is the creator of everything, it's not claiming that khaaliq al akwaan is a new name or anything, so it's totally fine to say it.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Oh so if you don't claim that it's a name of Allah then you can use it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Yep, as long as it's true and it doesn't have a bad meaning, for instance Allaah is the creator of pigs, but to address Allaah as "Khaaliq al khanaazeer" is not permissable even though it's true.

So if it's true and it has a proper meaning then it's perfectly usable.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

This was the post I wondered about, whether that statement is correct to say or no...

"There is actually no specific time or day when Allah will accept your Dua because Allah is always with us in our hearts.If we are good,honest,faithful and offer prayer 5 times a day and can keep Allah happy with our good deeds,then surely He will help us and give us what's best for us He thinks.And sometimes He might also give us what we want so it depends upon Him what He chooses best for us.You can ask for anything to Allah anytime of the day.But I have heard that doing Dua after each prayer session is the best."

JazakAllahu khair for answering my questions. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:16 pm

It's not exactly correct to say so, i've heard people saying there's a hadeethi qudsi which says "Nothing can contain Me but the broken heart of a mu'min" but i haven't come across that one yet, and even if such a hadeeth exists then it has a meaning different to that which that person said.

The person who said that is probably from those who beleive that Allaah is everywhere.

On my to-do list is to write an article on ta'weel, what is good and bad ta'weel, when ta'weel becomes fardh and so on, but i'll give you a pre written version of it.

There's a hadeethi qudsi (Maridhtu falam ta'udnee) whose literal meaning is "I was sick and you did not visit me", to make ta'weel of that hadeeth is fardh, because to believe the literal meaning that Allaah becomes sick is kufr, what the hadeeth means is (marida 'abdee) "My servant became sick".

Then there are the times when ta'weel is necessary, like in the aayah whose literal meaning says regarding husband and wife "they are a garment for you, and you are a garment for them", it is necessary to make ta'weel or the aayah will not make sense, because you can't wear your wife nor can she wear you as clothing.

And whoever claims that ta'weel as a whole (mutlaqan) is wrong then simply tell that person that Allaah says in the Qur'aan: "And we are closer to him than his jugular vein" and Allaah says in another aayah "Allaah (Ar-Rahmaan) has made istawaa upon the 'arsh", so if you say that ta'weel cannot be made then these two aayaah will be contradicting each other, or alternatively you'll have to believe in wahdatul wujood.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 pm

oh okay cool! and you know the first question I asked about tahreef and ta'weel? Well I get it now, it doesn't turn into tahreef but it's just a bad ta'weel right?

I don't get it, that ayah about istiwaa over/upon the arsh, okay I was listening to something, and the sheikh was saying that we can't do ta'weel on that, cause you leave it to Allah, so you take the literal meaning and you affirm it cause Allah says it, and then you don't ask how and liken to the creation, them are left to Allah so you can't interpret that ayah. But you don't agree with that do you?

However the other ayah about being closer to us than the jugular vein has to be made ta'weel of otherwise it'll contradict the first ayah mentioned.

Does that make sense? I haven't made it up, but correct me if that's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Quote :
oh okay cool! and you know the first question I asked about tahreef and ta'weel? Well I get it now, it doesn't turn into tahreef but it's just a bad ta'weel right?

I don't remember your question, but yeah that's right.

Quote :
I don't get it, that ayah about istiwaa over/upon the arsh, okay I was listening to something, and the sheikh was saying that we can't do ta'weel on that, cause you leave it to Allah, so you take the literal meaning and you affirm it cause Allah says it, and then you don't ask how and liken to the creation, them are left to Allah so you can't interpret that ayah. But you don't agree with that do you?

I asked on ummah about this "upon its dhaahir" and i'm waiting for someone to get back to me on that, because someone was saying that the salaf never said to take things on its dhaahir, the salaf said "amirroohaa kama jaa'at" and not "amirroohaa kama jaa'at 'alaa dhaahirihaa", and he said this is something salafis added on themselves, but i'm gonna wait until someone replies to my question on ummah.

And also in regards to that aayah this person was saying, that aayah is a mutashaabih aayah, and the one about Allaah being closer than your jugular vein is also mutashaabih, so who gives you the right to choose which one will be made ta'weel of and which one will be taken on its dhaahir? he said it's tahaakum to do that.

But i'm still doing investigations on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 pm

I've forgot the terms again... okay there's muhkam and mutashabih?but I can't read my writing. Please explain.

edited cause I had a dopey moment... and it's embarrassing

Last edited by Nisaa on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:49 pm

i understand them in arabic easily enough, but it's difficult for me to explain them in english.

But mutashaabih aayaah are like the aayaah of the sifaat of Allaah like yadd, wajh etc, and also like Alif Laam Meem etc.

All other aayaah are muhkam.

This is a super compact definition of muhkam and mutashaabih, but i don't know what english words there are that is can be translated as No
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:17 pm

oh I'm confused, it wasn't explained to me in that way... it was explained like in the context of the names and attributes of Allah...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 pm

How is that different to what i said? scratch okay what exactly was said to you?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 pm

I can't read my writing. I'll have a better look later. And type it out. insha Allah
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 am

Clear and unclear

Muhkam --> meaning understood
Mutashabih --> similar to/to resemble but are (unclear/ambiguous)

Allah calls the whole Qur'an muhkam and also mutashabih (?) "these are the verses from the clear book...." (surah Yunus). Likewise, "Allah sent down the best statement" .. mutashabih... (I'm lost this doesn't make sense =/)

OH!!! I was looking at the wrong thing. The transitive/in transitive thing is muta'addi/ghair muta'addi. I'm so blond. =/

durrr okay yeah the muhkam/mutashabih thing makes sense. You know... I think I need to learn Arabic. =/
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Admin wrote:

Quote :

It's hidden shirk, like riyaa and all those kinda stuff, it's not shirk which takes you out of the fold of islaam, unless you're refering to some other shirk? confused

it's another kind of shirk what I hadn't heard of before. I heard it whilst listening to something like nearly a year ago and also a month or so ago on the Deen Show. =o

It was sheikh Yusuf Estes saying something about it.

Basically it's like, pretend I had a fight with someone and then my window broke, so I was like to the other person "oh you silly person you had to fight with me cause I'm so cool and now look what's happened, look it was you! It was your fault my window broke you fool."

haha. =P Stuff like that, no it wasn't the fault of the person that the window broke, it was going to happen, perhaps a better example would be if I fell from a building and someone saved me and I turned to them and said 'my hero! You saved me'

when in reality it was Allah who saved me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Quote :
Allah calls the whole Qur'an muhkam and also mutashabih (?) "these are the verses from the clear book...." (surah Yunus). Likewise, "Allah sent down the best statement" .. mutashabih... (I'm lost this doesn't make sense =/)

Allaah says that the majority of the Qur'aan in muhkam, and there are other verses in the Qur'aan which are mutashaabih.

Quote :
it's another kind of shirk what I hadn't heard of before. I heard it whilst listening to something like nearly a year ago and also a month or so ago on the Deen Show. =o

Well from those examples you gave i really don't see any shirk in it at all, we all know that everything is done through the Qadr of Allaah, but to say that calling another person your hero is shirk really doesn't make sense to me, yusuf estes will have to bring his proof for it being shirk.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:48 pm

I get it now. JazakAllahu khair

I never knew about that, I only knew of major and minor shirk. But if you've not heard it then hmm.. I dunno now. Maybe I just heard wrong then
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Quote :
I never knew about that, I only knew of major and minor shirk. But if you've not heard it then hmm.. I dunno now. Maybe I just heard wrong then

Some people go to extremes in making things shirk, i remember when one person claimed that to shave the beard is shirk, because you are commanded to keep the beard, so if you shave your beard for someone then you are committing shirk and so on, bu that's a baatil view, what is haraam is haraam, what is shirk is shirk, what is not good to say is not good to say, but each group is different, you can't claim that something haraam is now shirk ands on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next