Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Nisaa's Arabic thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Quote :
I feel a bit.. Okay, my problem is I can translate from Arabic but when I have to make sentences in Arabic I get confused.. how can I practice on that cause it makes me distressed. It's like, I should be able to do it by now.. and fast!

For that you need to take a different path, what you've been learning has been teaching you how to read and translate, but it hasn't taught you how to speak, so what you need is speech, and for that you can use al- 'Arabiyyah bayna yadayk, it will give you a lot, and i don't know if you've got the book "Raawdhatul Adab" or "Mufeedut taalibeen" but they will help you with it as well.

You need to read actual sentences which are used in speech which you can then use and change according to your needs.

Quote :
What's the difference between masdar and maada..

Masdar means "origin" "source" where as maadah means "subject"

Quote :
Is it that the masdar is the root word, and maada is the original letters? =s I dunno..

The masdar is the root word, and the original letters are generally called the asl letters.

Quote :
she said mujarrad is often used for thulaathi af'aal.. and mujarrad is asl letters?

Well, mujarrad literally means "free" "pure" etc, so when you say thulaathi mujarrad then you mean a word which has three original letters and does not have any extra letters added on, the same goes for rubaa'i mujarrad where you have 4 original letters.

Samajh mein aaya?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:00 am

You PMed that one, okay I'm going to fit it into my week inshaAllah

No.. we don't do that, do you have links? I googled it, and it said 'das sabaq' we done that one but not the ones you mentioned..

And yes, JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Quote :
No.. we don't do that, do you have links? I googled it, and it said 'das sabaq' we done that one but not the ones you mentioned..

I don't have a link for rawdhatul adab online, but here is one for mufeedut taalibeen:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/ar/f/fb/%D9%85%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%AF_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86.pdf

^ right click and save target as.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:02 am

What do I have to do? Translate?

Okay if I make a thread will you check it over for me? =o
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Yep just translate, and make the tarkeeb if you want.

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm

I don't get this line

العاقل تكفير الاشارة

al-'aaqilu takfeeeril ishaarah

The first one can't be mudaaf, second has a kasrah... and the last word has a dhamma.. how? What's the tarkeeb? And is it talking about takfeer as in when you call a Muslim a kaafir?

It goes side ways doesn't it.. you read it like an Arabic poem, right? You know for aafat, can you say 'damage' or is that poor english

what does bukhin bakh mean?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Well firstly it's "takfeehi" not takfeeri, that's an indian haa not a raa, it means: For the intelligent person a sign is sufficient.

The tarkeeb is:

al-'aaqilu = mubtadaa
takfee = fi'l
hi = maf'ool bihi
al-ishaaratu = faa'il

fi'l, apne maf'ool bihi aur faa'il se milkar = khabar

mubatadaa + khabar = jumlaa ismiyyah khabriyyah.

Quote :
It goes side ways doesn't it.. you read it like an Arabic poem, right? You know for aafat, can you say 'damage' or is that poor english

Aye it goes side ways. Well i don't see damage as one of its meanings, it's more in the meaning of disease/blight/devastation etc, what it means is: The blight of knowledge is forgetfulness. which means that the illness which knowledge suffers from is forgetfulness.

Quote :
what does bukhin bakh mean?

It's not bukhin bakh, when used twice it's read "bakh bakh", like "wah, wah", and that is its exact meaning, but when used as one only then it can be used as "bakhin" as in the nasheed "bakhin falaqad rabihtal bay'a...."
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 am

I can't believe I thought it said takfeer..

I don't understand the tarkeeb, but I'll have to have a closer look later
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:38 am

I need a dictionary, but cause we do urdu to Arabic.. I need urdu.. but I want an English one for me when I do my own things. =/ Are they expensive much?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Quote :
I need a dictionary, but cause we do urdu to Arabic.. I need urdu.. but I want an English one for me when I do my own things. =/ Are they expensive much?

You don't want computer dictionaries?
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I need a dictionary too. I've got urdu to urdu but next time when i go to pak for holiday, I'm gonna buy an arabic to urdu one if it exists
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Male Number of posts : 1
Religion : 215-232-3431
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:41 am

Okay cause we did that, we put it on that wazn. >_>

Flagship Merchant Services
Branded wallets
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:46 am

=s Why are you quoting people in your replies..
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:24 pm

فأسند ركبته إلى ركبتيه

What does that mean? (it's from hadeeth Jibreel)
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:04 am

أسند means rest then? Wow it's got 4 letters!

Yeah you know the teacher he said that there's ikhtilaaf whether Jibreel put his hands on the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa's thighs or on his own, and he concluded that Jibreel alayhis salaam put his hands on his own thighs..

JazakAllahu khair I still have some words I don't know, I'll get them and put them up. Also there was a Hans Wehr dictionary.. shall I get it or shall I get a simpler one because I need two, I need one for madrasah (and that has to be urdu)
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Ages ago... I heard there's like 15 sciences of Arabic, I don't know them all

But like

Nahw
Sarf
Balaagha... etc etc

But we only learn nahw and sarf... ?

Remember that fiks link I sent you with that course urban? He teaches Arabic 1 year and you get ijaazah to teach BUT that's ONE year, we do 4 kitaabs in 5/6 years... ONLY on nahw and sarf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nisaa's Arabic thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3