Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Arabic Story Thread [Game]

Go down 
+3
Noorayn
nikabisis
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Arabic Story Thread [Game] Empty
PostSubject: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:04 pm

aswrwb

Some people play this game on other forums where they make up a story in arabic, like i'll give a sentence in arabic and the next poster carries on the story, i found it to be quite nice, especially since you get a chance to put your arabic to use, which in turn stregthens your arabic.

You can type in arabic text or transliteration if you don't have arabic font support, but just make your transliteration is readable thumbs up or you can type both arabic and transliteration if you want, and do add the translation as well for those people whose arabic is not so fluent thumbs up

And if you see any mistakes in mine or anyone elses arabic then feel free to correct it.

I'll start off Insha Allah.

لقد كان في بلدي رجل يقال له "فتّي"، إسمه عبدلله و هو سمين جدا، لذلك سماه فتّي...

Laqad kaana fee baladee rajulun yuqaalu lahu "fatty", ismuhu 3abdullah wa huwa sameenun jiddan, lidhaalika sammaahu fatty....

There was a man in my town who was called "fatty", his name was Abdullah and he was very fat, because of that they called him fatty....
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm

لكنه كان رجلاً ذكياً، لذلك سمي ''فاتي الذكي''، رغم ذالك كان يحب الدراسة... وقراءة الكتب ، خصوصاً الكتب الاسلامية...

But he was an intelligent mant, for that they called him '''fatty the smart one'', despite that he used to like to study...and reading books, especially Islamic books...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:59 pm

و قد تزوج امرأة من بلاد الصين، ومنها ولد ولده، و سمّاه منشكن...

Wa qad tazawwaja imra'atun min bilaad al-Seen, wa minhaa wulida waladahu, wa sammaahu munshkin...

And he married a woman from china, and from her his child was born, and he named him munchkin....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:07 pm

ومضى السنوات ، وأصبح عبدلله أباً لخمسة أولاد وخمسة بنات، وفي يومٍ من الأيام خرج منشكٍ إلى ...

And the years passed by, and Abdullah became father of five boys and five girls, and one day munchkin left to...
Back to top Go down
nikabisis

Female Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Sorry to interrupt just want to say MashaAlllah keep it up....how long have you studied Arabic ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Quote :
Sorry to interrupt just want to say MashaAlllah keep it up....how long have you studied Arabic ?

Me? i suppose i studied arabic for about 2 years, but i'm still studying on my own till today because my arabic is nowhere near good enough.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Abu Sulayman al 7atimi wrote:
ومضى السنوات ، وأصبح عبدلله أباً لخمسة أولاد وخمسة بنات، وفي يومٍ من الأيام خرج منشكٍ إلى ...

And the years passed by, and Abdullah became father of five boys and five girls, and one day munchkin left to...

الكلية، و هناك لقي رجل مثله في السمنة، إسمه إيتي، سمّي بذالك لأنه دائم في المطبخ يأكل الطعام...

Al-Kuliyyah, wa hunaaka laqiya rajulun mithluhu fee al-suminah, ismuhu eaty, summiya bidhaalika li annahu daa'iman fil maTbakhi ya'kulu al-Ta3aam....

College, and there he met a man like himself in fatness, his name was Eaty, he was called that because he was always in the kitchen eating the food....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:

الكلية، و هناك لقي رجل مثله في السمنة، إسمه إيتي، سمّي بذالك لأنه دائم في المطبخ يأكل الطعام...

Al-Kuliyyah, wa hunaaka laqiya rajulun mithluhu fee al-suminah, ismuhu eaty, summiya bidhaalika li annahu daa'iman fil maTbakhi ya'kulu al-Ta3aam....

College, and there he met a man like himself in fatness, his name was Eaty, he was called that because he was always in the kitchen eating the food....

can i use Arabic translit?

ermmm...

3adatan yakaltu Dhajjaaj wa lahmu baqar wa ruz wa salaTa wa samak wa baTaaTaa wa naqaneq fil yawm, thumma yashrabu khamsa fanajeen qahwa ma3a sukkar katheer....

just know thats wrong embarassed

meanta be usually, he eats chicken and beef and rice and salad and fish and potatoes and sausages everyday, then he drinks 5 cups of coffee with a lot of sugar...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Quote :
just know thats wrong

There were some mistakes, but we all learn from our mistakes...

Moving on...

فقال اتي ما اسمك يا غلام ؟ فأجابه منشكٍ إسمي منشكٍ ، وما اسمك أنت أخي؟

So Eaty said what's your name young man? So Munchkin replied ''My name is Munchkin, what's your name brother?''
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:53 am

اسمي إيتي، فأتي معي، أريد أن أرجع إلى بيتي لأأخذ غداءي...

Ismee eaty, fa'tee ma3ee, ureedu an arji3u ila baytee li a'khuzu ghadaa'ee...

My name is eaty, so come with me, i want to return home now to take my lunch...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:04 pm

urban_rose wrote:
Admin wrote:

can i use Arabic translit?

ermmm...

3adatan yakaltu Dhajjaaj wa lahmu baqar wa ruz wa salaTa wa samak wa baTaaTaa wa naqaneq fil yawm, thumma yashrabu khamsa fanajeen qahwa ma3a sukkar katheer....

just know thats wrong embarassed

meanta be usually, he eats chicken and beef and rice and salad and fish and potatoes and sausages everyday, then he drinks 5 cups of coffee with a lot of sugar...

Yeah you can use it.

Your sentence would have been better as,

wa 3aadatuhu ay ya'kula al-dajjaaja wa la7mul baqara wa arza wa salaTah wa samaka wa baTaaTaa wa naqaaniqa kulla yawm, thumma yashrabu khamsata akwaabim min qahwah ma3a sukkaran katheera.....

Atleast that's the best i could think of to say it, even though it probably has many mistakes in it.
Back to top Go down
Noorayn
Noorayn

Female Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Sounds like you're saying something beautiful but then you translate it ...rotfl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Big Grin @ Noorayn

Thanks for the corrections, Admin...this thread is not my place for a few months yet sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Quote :
Thanks for the corrections, Admin...this thread is not my place for a few months yet

You should still read the thread though, you might pick up new words and also how to build bigger sentences thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Time for a new story?

قد كان في بلد بعيد رجل إسمه جرمبي، سمي بذالك لأنه دائم في التذمر....

Qad kaana fee baladin ba3eed rajulun ismuhu grumpy, summiya bidhaalika li annahu daa'iman fit tadhammur.....
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:14 pm

ولكنه يريد أن يكون شخص لطيف

>_>

That's if it translated right.....

Nisaa apologises for cheating but she wanted to join in.. =(
Back to top Go down
Mu'mina_la_yowm_aldeen
Mu'mina_la_yowm_aldeen

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:31 am

Mashallah nice thread. I wish my arabic was stronger. Khayr Inshallah

Wasalam
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Nisaa wrote:
ولكنه يريد أن يكون شخص لطيف

>_>

That's if it translated right.....

Nisaa apologises for cheating but she wanted to join in.. =(

Cheat all you like, you'll find taking part will actually hel p your arabic thumbs up

But you should try to provide the translation and things too thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Okay you carry on, make it easy though so I can at least understand some words..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:08 pm

فيقول لنفسه: ما لي و هذا الكفر؟ والله تعالى قد فضلني على كثير من عباده المؤمنين. فيا الله إغفرلي عندما أتذمر

Fayaqoolu linafsihi: maa lee wa haadhal kufr? Wallaahu Ta'aala qad fadhhalanee 'alaa katheerim min 'ibaadihil mu'mineen. Fa yaa Allaah, ighfirlee 'indamaa atadhammaru.

So he said to himself: what is with me and this ingratitude? while Allaah has favoured me above many of His believing servants. so oh Allaah forgive me when i whine.
Back to top Go down
AVeiled
Ummati, Ummati, Ummati
AVeiled

Female Number of posts : 289
Location : I'm Here, for now, but only yearn to be in one place; Firdows.
Religion : From the Ummah of the Beloved (s.a.w)
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:58 pm

mashallah, great thread. mind i ask where u guys leanrt arabic from? i've only just started learning it (as in this is a house and that is a masjid level) and how long it took you to learn.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:27 pm

I learnt it in madrassah, and i'm not fluent yet in arabic, it'll probably be years before i can say i'm fluent.
Back to top Go down
AVeiled
Ummati, Ummati, Ummati
AVeiled

Female Number of posts : 289
Location : I'm Here, for now, but only yearn to be in one place; Firdows.
Religion : From the Ummah of the Beloved (s.a.w)
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 pm

JazakAllahu khair but i can't go to madrassah's here... inshALlah i'll learn in at mosque/at home on the internet, madinah arabic series... inshallah u'll becum fluent soon as well. mashallah on what u already know, cool thread coolbro
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 pm

الأرنب و الحمراوي

Al-Arnabu wal hamrawi

The rabbit and hamrawi

كنت مع حمراوي ذات يوم إذ لقينا بأرنب قا بطح على الطريق، فوقفنا عنده لنحقق هل هو حي أم لا، فنحن كذلك إذ جعل الأرنب يتكلم فقال: يا حمراوي! هل نسيتني؟

Kuntu ma'a hamrawi dhaata yawmin idh laqaynaa bi arnabin qad buti7a 'alat tareeq, fawaqafnaa 'indahu li nu7aqqiqu hal huwa 7ayyun am laa, fana7nu kadhaalika idh ja'alal arnabu yatakallam faqaala: yaa hamrawi! hal nasaytanee?

I was with hamrawi that day when we came across a rabbit lying flat on the road, so we stopped by it to check whether it's alive or not, then while we were like that the rabbit starteed speaking and it said: oh hamrawi! have you forgotten me?

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Your sentence, wouldn't it sound better if you started with...

Kunt ma3 al7amrawi....

فأفجع الحمراوي وقال للأرنب : "عن ماذا تتدحث أيها الأرنب؟"
فأجابه الأرنب وقال : "أنسيت يوم أن تركتني في الغابة؟"

So al-Hamrawi became shocked and said "What are you talking about ?"
So the rabbit responded "Have you forgotten the day you left me alone in the forest?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Story Thread [Game]   Arabic Story Thread [Game] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arabic Story Thread [Game]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next