Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Nisaa's Arabic thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Nisaa's Arabic thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Abu Sulayman wrote:
ثم هرب الحمراوي وترك أبا مصعب قائماً وحده على الطريق

Thumma haraba al-Hamrawi wa taraka Abaa Mus'ab qaa'iman 3ala al-tareeq wa7dahu

And then al-Hamrawi ran away and left Abu Mus'ab standing alone on the road...

Don't laugh, I did try. =o

.....ثم ينظره عم الارنب القتل و قال

The he (Abu Mus'ab) saw the dead rabbit's uncle and said... should I use ra'ayta in stead... ?

The rabbit's uncle saw everything, he saw the murder. =o But I don't know how to say that. Can you guys give easy sentences like what these are now because I understand them alhamdulillah. I really wanted to play this game but couldn't before so insha Allah I will try now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Quote :

The he (Abu Mus'ab) saw the dead rabbit's uncle and said... should I use ra'ayta in stead... ?

Close, but it should've been

ثم رأى (أبو مصعب) عم الأرنب الذي قتل وقال
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Why alladhi? We were taught if it's mudaaf mudaaf ilay and you wanna give a sifat of one you put it at end? We haven't done ism mawsool yet... that is what alladhi is isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Nisaa wrote:

Don't laugh, I did try. =o

The rabbit's uncle saw everything, he saw the murder. =o But I don't know how to say that. Can you guys give easy sentences like what these are now because I understand them alhamdulillah. I really wanted to play this game but couldn't before so insha Allah I will try now.

No one can laugh at you thumbs up

the word nadhara which you used is used for "looked", whereas the word "ra'aa" which hamrawi used is used for "saw".

what hamrawi said is translated as: then he (abu mus'ab) saw the uncle of the rabbit which was killed and said...

alladhee gives the sentence more meaning by making you know that this new rabbit is the uncle of the rabbit which was killed, alladhee literally being "the one", so it would be "the uncle of the one which was killed".

Here's an offtopic tip (if you don't already know it), the word faa and thumma are both used to mean "then", thumma is a term which has a space between it, it gives off time, so the rabbit wasn't actually there and he only saw it after a while, that's the type of meaning thumma has, faa on the other hand has no time in it, thus it would also be as if the rabbit saw it happening.

But your sentence is supposed to say that i saw the rabbit after killling the nephew?

Or do you want to say that the rabbits uncle saw everything?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 am

Okay can you explain to me how come it's 'looked' meaning past tense when I used yaf'aloo which is future/present? (I thought?) as in I put it on that wazn.. I can't do that then?

I'm confused... explain to me how you got 'ra'aa' you know what... it's cause one kitaab is more Qur'an based and the other one is like speaking but it's grammar, so now I don't understand when each of these are used..

uuugh why can't we learn things in English. =/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Quote :
Okay can you explain to me how come it's 'looked' meaning past tense when I used yaf'aloo which is future/present? (I thought?) as in I put it on that wazn.. I can't do that then?

No no your word said 'looks', i was talking about the word i said which is nadhara hence why i translated it as 'looked', the 'seeing' was meant to be past tense since it had already passed (i.e. saw), hence why you should have used past tense.

Quote :
I'm confused... explain to me how you got 'ra'aa' you know what... it's cause one kitaab is more Qur'an based and the other one is like speaking but it's grammar, so now I don't understand when each of these are used..

Both those words are qur'aanic arabic.

Nadhara - looked
Ra'aa - saw

That's how they are used, as you know looking and seeing are not the same thing, they might be used as synonyms in some places, but in others they cannot be used as synonyms.

Quote :
uuugh why can't we learn things in English. =/

What would you like in english?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh I see!

Okay cause we did that, we put it on that wazn. >_>

What I meant was like one is more focused on actual translations, and the other is like "so and so went to the market to buy carrots" and because, I dunno, it should compliment each other but it just messes up in my brain. =/ When is it nadhara and when will it be ra'aa?

I want to learn Arabic using English, I don't want to learn Arabic through Urdu, but I suppose this way I can learn 2 languages in one go. =o
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Quote :
When is it nadhara and when will it be ra'aa?

Like i said earlier, they are used just like the english words "looked" and "saw", like for instance i saw you posting today, i didn't looked you posting today, so in that manner you will use the different words.

Quote :
I want to learn Arabic using English, I don't want to learn Arabic through Urdu, but I suppose this way I can learn 2 languages in one go. =o

Are you fluent in english and all those weird english terms?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

I love to translate things. Can I attempt to translate Arabic hadith for practice? Then people can correct me also? I want a new thread. ^_^

Will I get sin if I make a mistake? But I don't want to translate anything else.. I love to translate Qur'an cause it makes me happy but I know I'll make so many mistakes. =o

And I don't want to join the tmr thing cause there's so many people doing it already. =( We're gonna start it anyways after holidays w00t.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Okay sure, make a thread in the hadeeth section or the arabic section or wherever you want, and i'll correct any mistakes you might make thumbs up

I don't know about getting sinned, since all the madaaris let you read and translate the ahaadeeth.

So you're doing the traditional course then.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 pm

I'll do it later

erm.. can you do plural after kam istighaam? you can't isn't it?

Don't tell me the answer but here is what I need to make into Arabic

how many children are present today?

so

children is plural! And he kam is istifhaam.. and in the rules over here it says it has to be wahid after kam istifhaam.. I'm confused. ?

oh okay, so far I have

kam waladan haadirun al-yawma?

but is haadirun meant to be plural? so haadiroona? and how come it's in rafa' I dunno... someone tell me. =/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Can you show me this page where it says you can't do it?

You can overcome that problem easily, just put another word in after the kam, in your case you'll be dealing with the amount of children, so you'd put "3adad" and then the word after that can be plural.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:16 pm

I can't, scanner is connected to PC and I'm on mac.

It's a grammar rule, it says there's two kinds of kam you can get, kam istifhaam and kam khabariyyah

The ism after kam istifhaam will be wahid and mansoob, and the ism after kam khabariyyah will be majroor and can be wahid or plural

they gave an example in previous exercise kam waladan laka ya khalidu which translates as how many children do you have oh Khalid even though walad is singular it still is 'kids' so I'm thinking I'll leave it as kam waladan?

It's alright, I can say I tried. >_>
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Man i really need to go over my nahw, anyhow which book is this from?

Well you could leave it that way if your examples are based on your previous lessons, otherwise you could have used the kam 3adada one which i mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm

I can't use that cause we've not used that before, but I'm gonna attempt it again and will post my answer. I proper worked my brain in class but it gets well confusing..

It's just I dunno what to put on the word!
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 am

what does an ism get after huroof nidaa if the ism is a plural word not a singular?

example:

ya nisaa, would it be nisaau with a dhamma or would it have a fatha?

We had a test since we've finished out entire kitaab now.. I passed alhamdulillah, but I got the easiest ones wrong. =/ That happens to me so much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Quote :
I can't use that cause we've not used that before, but I'm gonna attempt it again and will post my answer. I proper worked my brain in class but it gets well confusing..

It's just I dunno what to put on the word!

So what did you end up doing?

Quote :
what does an ism get after huroof nidaa if the ism is a plural word not a singular?

example:

ya nisaa, would it be nisaau with a dhamma or would it have a fatha?

We had a test since we've finished out entire kitaab now.. I passed alhamdulillah, but I got the easiest ones wrong. =/ That happens to me so much.

It gets a fatha, as in the aayah: yaa nisaa'an nabiyyi...

You haven't told me the name of your nahw book have you?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:07 pm

أن تكون فرداً في جماعة الأسود خير لك من أن تكون قائداً للنعا

Would translating a sentence like that ^ be difficult for you?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 pm

ana aasifah. My nahw kitaab is urdu called arbi ka mu'aalim part 1 but I think there's 4 parts, I dunno. =o

and it was right, kam waladan hadriun al-yawma. Alhamdulillah!

you know asl for f'il will it always be a dhamma? and ism is fatha?

that sentence, if I knew some of the meanings like some words I don't know them, perhaps I'd be able to do it...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am

Nisaa wrote:
ana aasifah. My nahw kitaab is urdu called arbi ka mu'aalim part 1 but I think there's 4 parts, I dunno. =o

and it was right, kam waladan hadriun al-yawma. Alhamdulillah!

you know asl for f'il will it always be a dhamma? and ism is fatha?

that sentence, if I knew some of the meanings like some words I don't know them, perhaps I'd be able to do it...

Oh arabic tutor, i've got that one in 4 parts, but it's just so massive that i never got around to reading it.

What do you mean by asl? do you mean a masdar?

I missed the meem right at the end, it means "That you should be a cub in a group of lions is better for you than to be the king of ostriches"
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

I don't understand that quote.

You should do it.. so when I ask for help you know which questions and then you can just give the answer. No, I don't want to cheat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm

It means it is better for a person to be a plain lion cub in a group of brave lions than to be a king of cowardly ostriches.

That's a good idea, i'll see what i can do about it then.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Man Nisaa did you really understand that arabic tutor book? I can just about understand it, it makes things so difficult to understand, especially with all those big advanced english grammar terms.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 pm

We're on lesson 14. I didn't know it had been translated, I have it now alhamdulillah
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Oh you mean you were doing it in urdu?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's Arabic thread   Nisaa's Arabic thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nisaa's Arabic thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next