Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread

Go down 
+7
umm uthman
-Fady-
dismal
UmmSayf
Admin
Kasim
Nisaa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Quote :
Is it true that with makrooh act you get a sin recorded? I had thought makrooh is just disliked, so you don't get a sin but you stay away from it. Perhaps they meant if the act is something they always do, and if they always do this disliked act, then they get sinned?

It would depend on the type of makrooh it is.

But yes if it's made a habit then it's sinful.

Quote :
In salaah, if you leave out a sunnah intentionally, will your salaah be done? If it's made a habit of, like pretend someone doesn't say rabbana wa lakal hamd like ever, and they know it's a sunnah but they never do it, is their salaah complete? Incomplete? What's the ruling.

Yes your salaah will be complete and you won't have to repeat it, but it is bad to do it that way.

Quote :
Oh and is it waajib to say the takbeers for each position? I dunno but it never said anything about that part... and I forgot to ask.

It is not waajib in the sense that your salaah will be complete if you don't say it, but it will be wrong to leave it out.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 pm

How is it to raise the finger in tashahud?

And I remember reading in QA thread ummah that maghrib time is debatable.. So, what's the most accurate opinion of when it ends? 20 minutes after it has started until the yellowness goes away from the horizon? It's best to pray as soon as, but what if you pray later, sky is completely dark now, but Isha time hasn't come in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 pm

dyu mean how to raise finger or when?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 am

No, I meant the ruling? How is it.. wajib, sunnah.. etc?

whilst I'm here, someone asked once, what should be done when a person is doing sajda sahwa but they do something wrong in it, for example they don't do salaam on the right hand side and just go down for sujood or perhaps they start praying fatiha in stead of tashahud, I dunno, they make a mistake that would require sajda sahwa, what do they do?

JazakAllahu khair

I don't understand something...

the 4 raka'ah before asr, them aren't like the ones before dhuhr isn't it? So, how did the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa pray? Did he Sallallahu alayhi wa always pray them? And if he didn't, should we also like miss sometimes.. ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Quote :
How is it to raise the finger in tashahud?

Allaahu A'lam, it's not really mentioned much in the books of fiqh, but i would guess that it's sunnah and not waajib.

Quote :
And I remember reading in QA thread ummah that maghrib time is debatable.. So, what's the most accurate opinion of when it ends? 20 minutes after it has started until the yellowness goes away from the horizon? It's best to pray as soon as, but what if you pray later, sky is completely dark now, but Isha time hasn't come in?

You need only concern yourself with the hanafi view because that's the only real place where the "debate" is, the view of the other madhaahib is pretty basic, some say that the time of maghrib is until the redness disappears, some say it's the amount of time required to make wudhoo' and salaah, and so on, which more or less comes out between 12-20 minutes, but basically you can say for them it's until the redness disappears.

The hanafis on the other hand have two views, imaam abu haneefah rahimahullaah himself holds the view that maghrib is until the whiteness in the sky disappears, which is until 'ishaa time since that comes in once the whiteness disappears, imaam abu yusuf and imaam muhammad rahimahumallaah on the other hand holds the view that maghrib ends when the redness disappears.

But the mash-hoor view of the madhab is that of imaam abu haneefah rahimahullaah.

Quote :
whilst I'm here, someone asked once, what should be done when a person is doing sajda sahwa but they do something wrong in it, for example they don't do salaam on the right hand side and just go down for sujood or perhaps they start praying fatiha in stead of tashahud, I dunno, they make a mistake that would require sajda sahwa, what do they do?

Well if they make an action which cannot be classed as sajdah sahw then they must make a proper sajdah sahw innit.

Tashahhud is not part of the sajdah sahw mind you, sajdah sahw is simply the salaam and the sajdah, now you must look whether the du'aa of tashahhud is waajib or not, then you'll know whether you must make a sajdah sahw or not.

Quote :
the 4 raka'ah before asr, them aren't like the ones before dhuhr isn't it? So, how did the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa pray? Did he Sallallahu alayhi wa always pray them? And if he didn't, should we also like miss sometimes.. ?

They are ghayr mu'akkadah unlike the ones of dhuhr, meaning they used to be made sometimes and left sometimes, so if you leave it at times then there's no sin, but if you make it continuously then there's only reward for you.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 am

JazakAllahu khair

okay, pretend I'm going to go to one country for 2 weeks EXACT, all that means I gotta pray qasr, but then after I know I'm going elsewhere too after them 14 days I'm gonna travel again to another country for another 2 weeks, do I pray full or qasr still? I think it's qasr but I dunno..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Nisaa wrote:
JazakAllahu khair

okay, pretend I'm going to go to one country for 2 weeks EXACT, all that means I gotta pray qasr, but then after I know I'm going elsewhere too after them 14 days I'm gonna travel again to another country for another 2 weeks, do I pray full or qasr still? I think it's qasr but I dunno..

im pretty sure itd be qasr too, as long as it is 88km away from your home...and you dont have the intention to stay more than the 2 weeks then you would pray qasr, as you are still regarded as a musaafir
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Nisaa wrote:
JazakAllahu khair

You mean you're going for 2 weeks then returning home and then going again for 2 weeks, or that you're going for 2 weeks and then leaving that country to another one for another 2 weeks without returning home?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 pm

she means:

home ---> 1st place for 14 days

1st place --> 2nd place for 14 days

no returning home in between
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Then she will make qasr all the time.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm

urban rose wrote:
Nisaa wrote:
JazakAllahu khair

im pretty sure itd be qasr too, as long as it is 88km away from your home...and you dont have the intention to stay more than the 2 weeks then you would pray qasr, as you are still regarded as a musaafir

88km? Is there different views because we learnt 48m and in km that's not 88.. I'm dumb at maths though so dunno..=o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am

Nisaa wrote:

88km? Is there different views because we learnt 48m and in km that's not 88.. I'm dumb at maths though so dunno..=o

i think there are slight difference in terms of the amount of days/nights specified through hadeeth, and i remember reading that there is diff in opinion also about the conversion, so its either between 78 to 88km...lemme go find

here:

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=2dbbaf10f202f61752cbc7025c6d44b5

theres more info within this http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/wtravel1.htm
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:59 am

JazakAllahu khair ^_^

You know the if you break for 3 "SubhanAllah"'s.. meaning the time it takes you to say three then sajda sahw is waajib.. but I don't understand that, so can someone post where it is from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Nisaa wrote:
JazakAllahu khair ^_^

You know the if you break for 3 "SubhanAllah"'s.. meaning the time it takes you to say three then sajda sahw is waajib.. but I don't understand that, so can someone post where it is from?

the time you take in thinking or a pause = 3
theres slight info here http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sajdasahw.htm
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:13 pm

You know sajda tilaawah in salaah, is this the correct method

I pray a surah and end of ayah I go straight down with Allahu akbar, do one sajda get back up do I say Allahu akbar or no? (ya'ni when I'm getting up) Cause I asked but we ask many questions and we're also behind so not all of them get answered.. then okay I get back up, finish the surah and then as normal..

correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 pm

As far as I know, Allahu Akbar is said when getting up too...its Sunnah, i think.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Quote :
You know sajda tilaawah in salaah, is this the correct method

I pray a surah and end of ayah I go straight down with Allahu akbar, do one sajda get back up do I say Allahu akbar or no? (ya'ni when I'm getting up) Cause I asked but we ask many questions and we're also behind so not all of them get answered.. then okay I get back up, finish the surah and then as normal..

correct?

Yes you say Allaahu akbar, and you complete it that way.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 am

I'm confused, if you owe money to someone but you've had it for a year and it's more than nisaab do you pray zakaah on it?

Do you pay zakaah for a house you're renting? The impression I got is that anything in excess you pay zakaah for... ? But now I just read otherwise.. hmm

Anyway is there qadha for sadaqa fitr?

Is there qadha for qurbaani? If it's done as a household is it necessary for the occupants of the entire house to make the intention even if they aren't paying for it?

Can you give zakaah to an orphanage? Not for construction.

Can you change intention, so you started off with intention of zakaah now you think the person you gave it to gone and gave it to the wrong person so you changed it to sadaqah but it was right all along, as in he gave it to the right person, does zakaah have to be payed again?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:14 am

Zakaah is one of the things i'm weak in, so i cannot answer those questions without checking it up.

Quote :
Can you change intention, so you started off with intention of zakaah now you think the person you gave it to gone and gave it to the wrong person so you changed it to sadaqah but it was right all along, as in he gave it to the right person, does zakaah have to be payed again?

I don't think you can change your intention like that, if the money was given to a person liable for zakaah then your zakaah will be discharged.

Wallaahu A'lam
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Nisaa wrote:
I'm confused, if you owe money to someone but you've had it for a year and it's more than nisaab do you pray zakaah on it?

Still dunno

Quote :
Do you pay zakaah for a house you're renting? The impression I got is that anything in excess you pay zakaah for... ? But now I just read otherwise.. hmm

Not the house itself, but obviously the money you're getting from rent is excess, so yes.

Quote :
Anyway is there qadha for sadaqa fitr?

No, but it is better to give

Quote :
Is there qadha for qurbaani? If it's done as a household is it necessary for the occupants of the entire house to make the intention even if they aren't paying for it?

La A'lam

Quote :
Can you give zakaah to an orphanage? Not for construction.

I think so, yes, but not sure.

Question: remember ages ago I was asking something and I remember you said that if a person has washed properly for wudu and even if there's something blocking the water to get to the skin, then that's okay... I clearly remember it.. but correct me if I'm wrong. Or perhaps you said if they miss a spot.. I'm not making it up.

I'm talking like dough or wax or some heavy substance like that stuck on the skin and this person's like gone unknowingly done wudu ghusl whatever and it's been more than a couple of days before they notice.. Surely then they need to repeat all their salaah right

I'm wondering if there was thawaab in the invalid salaah?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am

Quote :
I think so, yes, but not sure.

If the orphanage qualifies for zakaah then yes.

Quote :
Question: remember ages ago I was asking something and I remember you said that if a person has washed properly for wudu and even if there's something blocking the water to get to the skin, then that's okay... I clearly remember it.. but correct me if I'm wrong. Or perhaps you said if they miss a spot.. I'm not making it up.

I'm talking like dough or wax or some heavy substance like that stuck on the skin and this person's like gone unknowingly done wudu ghusl whatever and it's been more than a couple of days before they notice.. Surely then they need to repeat all their salaah right

I'm wondering if there was thawaab in the invalid salaah?

I remember it, i said that my ustaadh said that the sharee'ah does not burden people more than they can bear, and as long as they wash properly and are not negligent while washing then if it turns out that there is something on you that could not be removed with the washing you had done then that is forgiven.

But dough and wax aren't heavy substances are they? scratch and can days go by without a person noticing something like that? Rubeyes

I'm just going to ask my ustaadh for a clarification on this in-Shaa Allaah.

hmmmmm Allaahu a'lam, logically speaking if something is invalid then it would not have any reward, but Allaah knows best.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 am

I asked my ustaadh and this is what he said:

Quote :
If it was certain that the substance was on the skin from Fajr then Salaah from Fajr will have to be repeated. If he is not sure then he should take the Salaah which he was certain that the substance was found. For example, he was not sure when the substance came on his skin, but he was definately sure that it was at Magrib when he noticed it. If Magrib time is still available, he must wash that spot and repeat Magrib only
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 am

I see, okay example, you can get henna which dyes the skin and that's fine to use and one that just covers the skin, you can scratch it off, so then ghusl and wudu would be incomplete. That is true you know, you gotta be careful which one you buy

So I put it on without being careful it was the right kind, and it was the one where it makes this layer on the skin, say.. Monday after Isha. Next week, I discover okay, this is fake BUT you know when it was applied, so you have to make the whole week qadhaa salaah? Correct?

Sorry I just want to understand so I gave example.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am

Yes that is correct, but is that even possible? scratch

Because i don't think anything has remained on my skin for even a day, at most it might be a day or two when i paint and it's those difficult to remove paints plus it's not on one of the places of wudhoo so i don't try too hard to remove it by scraping it off, but otherwise i don't know how something can remain on me for a week Rubeyes

Or maybe i'm just an egomaniac Neutral

Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:38 pm

I dunno, I was giving a hypothetical example. It didn't happen to me. =/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nisaa's plentiful questions thread   Nisaa's plentiful questions thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nisaa's plentiful questions thread
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next