Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Book review thread - Non Islamic

Go down 
+10
UmmHaraith
tawhid1
Fatima
Razzie
umm.qasym
Admin
umm uthman
Z-Blade
huhwhatwhere
Al Qadr
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Razzie

Female Number of posts : 7
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 pm

A really good book is The Timetravellor's wife by Audrey N something but its really good its a bit confusing to start but its worth reding to the end.

I wanted to ask if an islamic book called The Pearls of ......something if its any good or not i've heard it is?

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Fatima
Fatima

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:04 pm

i have read Dave Pelzer's books. they were good, and sad.
his mother torture him! that was soo bad.
his brother has one too.
i read the first one of that.
i have read the princess ones, they were a bit beyond... well everything reli
banghead
Back to top Go down
tawhid1
tawhid1

Female Number of posts : 73
Religion : islam
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:26 am

Salaam,

Has anyone have 'The book of Emaan by Ibn Taymiyyah (rh), authored by Dr. Muhammad Naim Yasin?

I need a PDF copy which i can download inshaAllah. Please upload on sendspace if you do.

Really appreciate it.

was salam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darultawhid.com/en/forum/
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

Female Number of posts : 1129
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody.

This story is about Betty, a lady from America who married an Iranian man. They have a daughter and when she is about 3 or 4 years old he decides to take them for a "holiday" to Iran for 3 weeks. His family are mean to Betty and her daughter, they don't wash and are filthy. At the end of the 3 weeks the husband tells them they are to stay in Iran forever eek

She meets other American women, and is offered help to escape but each plan has something wrong. Her father is dying in America, and after a year and a half stuck in Iran her husband decided to let her go to America, but without her daughter. He wants her to go America to sell the things they had so she can send the money, once she done that he won;t let her in Iran and he will keep their daughter eek

Still got a few chapters to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.me-ate-all-the-cake/fatty.com
Fatima
Fatima

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Al Qadr wrote:
Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody.

This story is about Betty, a lady from America who married an Iranian man. They have a daughter and when she is about 3 or 4 years old he decides to take them for a "holiday" to Iran for 3 weeks. His family are mean to Betty and her daughter, they don't wash and are filthy. At the end of the 3 weeks the husband tells them they are to stay in Iran forever eek

She meets other American women, and is offered help to escape but each plan has something wrong. Her father is dying in America, and after a year and a half stuck in Iran her husband decided to let her go to America, but without her daughter. He wants her to go America to sell the things they had so she can send the money, once she done that he won;t let her in Iran and he will keep their daughter eek

Still got a few chapters to go.

the book sounds good.
Back to top Go down
UmmHaraith
UmmHaraith

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 am

QuestionDo you not think that it is more beneficial and less time wasting reading and gaining as much knowledge (with actions) as possible rather in my ownopinion wasting time reading books that do not benefit us in this life or the next,as Allah Subahna wa ta'ala gave us 2 things Good Health and Free time and we have to be wise and clever how we use it, and time wasting is not one of them,as all the time we have spare from our busy lives should it not be in getting the ajarr(reward) and trying to please Allah Subahnallah wa ta'ala just an observation.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

plz sister who ever you are allah has given us ways to tackle problems... and to come down on ppl like a ton of bricks is not one of them... dawah has to be given wth hikmah...you are not aware of the lifestyle that some of these ppl live. for some ppl merely to come onto do anything islamic is a major step. Allah has given us 2 eyes 1 to look at the evil within ourselves and the other to see the good in others.....
Back to top Go down
UmmHaraith
UmmHaraith

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Sorry brother i was merley making an observation,I didn't realise this is a dawah forum,but in the Quran and Sunnah reading these books are not allowed because it classed as time wasting,and brother telling the truth is better than having a thread only realted to books that do not concern us,and what is your idea of given dawah with Hikmah,if people want to learn for the sake of Allah you as a brother in Islam is your duty to tell the poeple the truth as then the reading of these books is encouraged,unfortunatley then this forum is not for me as i follow the Ahl Sunnah Wa Jammah and the Ulemma of past and present and fear Allah when attaining knowledege for his sake and it is my duty when i see something wrong is to correct it.So who ever i ami will always be your sister in Islam but maybe brother you have to look at yourself and ask is the dawah i am given the correct form of Dawah or just joining in,in wasting time. Your sister in Islam UmmHaraith.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm

ok sister but its not good that you just start having a go at ppl that you hardly even knoow. first build up a relationship with the person, then approach them with love and concern.... thats the way of the prophet,. if you see i havent ever posted anything on this topic, i also dont agree with it , but there are ways to do everything, calling towards good is aform of dawah, i suppose you wont listen so im wasting my time.... salam yasser
Back to top Go down
UmmHaraith
UmmHaraith

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Sorry brother but it's a bit of a contradiction on your part,as you do not know me and already you are judgeing me,who said i won't listen,if this is FORUM trying to make Dwa'ah then it would not have this thread at all,i think you have taken what i have said personally,and if you do not agree with it why you don't speak out?i made an observation and it is my right in Islam to say when there is something i do not agree with,there was no personal attacks intended as i fear Allah and the day of judgement and that is what you should be teaching the brothers and sisters instead of these books that will not benefit them in the hereafter,your right i do not know anyone on this forum i don't know there life stories,but everyone is an adult and individual and they have the right to decide what is right and wrong if you are giving Dawah then start with the truth and do not mislead them thinking it is ok to read them and to go along with it then you not (personally you) are encouraging it instead of getting them to attain true knowledge and work to get the hereafter.otherwise if you don't help them they will never move on and maybe never find there way as for making Dawah,yes i agree you have to be kind and gentle like the hadith of Aisha:"Aisha indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness,what he does not give due to harshness and what he doeas not give due to others".But the truth was always spoke reported by muslim vol 4 p1370)And May Allah forgive me if i have hurt or upset anyone as it was not intentional,i just want for you what i want for myself,and that is to succeed in this life and the next.Wasalam UmmHaraith
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 pm

jazak allah umme haarith wassalam. thats all i have to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Please dont argue over such trivial things when it seems that both of you have a similar opinion of the issue, just differing views on hoe to approach it Smile

JazakAllah for your posts though, you are both correct alhamdulillah.....
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 pm

the arguements over anyway , your late sis lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:49 pm

yasser balesaria wrote:
the arguements over anyway , your late sis lol

thats because i wasnt online to see it....and at least i tried to say something...it was only over from your end, remember...the sister didnt say anything but khayr, doesnt matter...
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:49 pm

sorry sis if you took it in a bad way...i just have a funny way of explaining myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:29 pm

yasser balesaria wrote:
sorry sis if you took it in a bad way...i just have a funny way of explaining myself

no worries.
Back to top Go down
UmmHaraith
UmmHaraith

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Asalam it's over from my end to Subahana ka Allah wa biham bika wa asghfurillah atobu ualik,May Allah forgive me if i have said anything wrong waslam love you all for the sake of Allah UmHaraith.
Back to top Go down
PaGaL~LaDo0
im a m0d?? dunlaaa
PaGaL~LaDo0

Female Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:51 am

Biff Kip n Chip nuff sed ppllll coolsis
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilurvmemashAllah.com :D
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Anyone read Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman?
And the other 2 in the series?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I read the first one years ago...but not the sequels...
Back to top Go down
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am

Someone gave me the first one, I'm nearly finished. It's really addictive to read. Want to read the other two but my library is rubbish!
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:32 pm

I read 57 Sherlock Holmes stories Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

I read this book too, it wasn't bad, i'm not gonna give any more of a review cos then i'll give the whole story away Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Holy Land, Unholy War by Anton La Guardia....

quite good, in terms of insight into the Israeli/Palestinian conflicts...journalist's perspective of it all, 'unbiased' compared to many other books, he updates this book quite a lot to keep up with the recent goings on in the region and its not just full of boring text + footnotes, it flows quite well in a narrative style

beneficial to gain knowledge of it all thumbs up
Back to top Go down
umm uthman
RosePetal
umm uthman

Female Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread - Non Islamic   Book review thread - Non Islamic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book review thread - Non Islamic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next