Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Racing for the Prophet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Racing for the Prophet Empty
PostSubject: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am

Bismillah

Do the companions of Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) think that they can keep him to themselves? No, by Allah, we will surely race with them for him, until they know that they left behind men.

The famous tabi’i, Abu Muslim Al Khawalani rahimahullah

The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam once came upon his companion named Thawban (radi Allahu anhu) and noticed that he looked sad so he said to him, “O Thawban, what has changed your appearance?” Thawban replied, “O Messenger of Allah, I do not have any sickness or any pain except that I feel discomfort when I do not see you, so I seclude myself completely until I meet you. Then I remembered the hereafter and and was afraid that I would not see you there. I know that you will be with the Prophets, and if I enter Jannah, I will be in a level lower than yours. But if I do not enter Jannah, then I will never see you again.”
So Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala revealed,

وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَـٰئِكَ رَفِيقًا

“And whoever obey Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!” (4:69)

-Narrated by Ibn ‘Asaakir, Authenticated by Shaykh Albani.

Lessons from this Narration:

• The eagerness and love of the Companions to see and be in the company of the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam. They loved him so much so that when they would not see him, their sadness would be apparent in their appearance and would affect health.

• The care of their teacher and friend sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, he noticed the sadness of Thawban and asked him about it.
    The Companions consistently thought about the hereafter and their end. They did not assume they would enter Jannah because the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam was in their midst.

• The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam only spoke when he knew the answer or after Allah sent revelation to him. Here we see that the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam did not respond to Thawban, but rather Allah azza wa jal above the heavens responded to His Servant.

• The Mercy, Generosity and Kindness of our Rabb. Allah takes care of His believing servants in this life and in the next and He takes care of their affairs. How can anyone despair when their Rabb is Ar-Raheem?

• The reminder for the believer to be humble. Our deeds will not take us to Jannah, rather we will only succeed with the Mercy of Allah.

• An ease for the believers. We will never be like the Prophets, but by obeying Allah and His Messenger, we can be in their company bi’ithnillah.

• This hadeeth is a bushraa (good news) for you and me: we’ve lost our chance to be with the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam in his lifetime, but Allah ta’ala has given us an opportunity to be with him eternally. Strive for this opportunity.

May Allah ta’ala forgive our sins and grant us this excellent companionship in the hereafter. Ameen.

http://www.tayyibaat.com
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Do you know what the taabi'i abu muslim al khawlaani rahimahullaah is most famous for?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 pm

The followers of al-Aswad al-'Ansi tried burning him but the fire didn't burn him...(only the ropes were burned, I think)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 pm

the guy claimed to be a prophet ^
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Admin wrote:
Do you know what the taabi'i abu muslim al khawlaani rahimahullaah is most famous for?

What?

urban rose wrote:
the guy claimed to be a prophet ^

You know al-ansi, is it a place? I see, it's a tribe. So kinda like a surname...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:41 am

alAswad alAnsi claimed to be a prophet, and then Abu Muslim was thrown in a fire like Ibraaheem AS because he didnt follow him...but the fire didnt burn him and i cant remember anything else scratch

yes, i think its either a tribe or a region? and i think his first name was due to his complexion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing for the Prophet   Racing for the Prophet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racing for the Prophet
Page 1 of 1