Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Prophet's Gift

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Whenever the Prophet's (SAW) followers reaped their first harvest, they brought early, fresh fruits to him. Then he would distribute them among those who sat around him. One morning, a poor man brought one fruit from his small farm and gave it to the Prophet..

The Prophet (SAW) accepted the gift, tasted it and then went on eating it alone while the companions watched. One of those present meekly said, "O Prophet of Allah, have you overlooked the right of those who watch while you eat?" The Prophet (SAW) smiled and waited till the man who had brought the fruit had gone. Then he said, "I tasted the fruit and it was not yet ripe. Had I allowed you to have some of it, someone would have definitely shown his distaste, thus disappointing the poor man who brought this gift. Rather than make him feel bitter, I accepted the bitterness."

in love
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:29 pm

JazakAllahu khair

Last edited by on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:29 am

[roll eyes EDITED ~ Umm Salamah]

EDIT (By Z-Blade): ^ That's what you call bullying sad. outta

JazakAllahu khair for the reminder ukht thumbs up .

Wassalam.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
warda
warda

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-10

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 am

Assalamu alaikum

Jazakallah kharian ukhti, beautiful hadeeth indeed......mashallah
Back to top Go down

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:02 am

barak'Allahu feekum thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Imran
Imran

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-09

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Could you please provide a reference for this hadeeth?

because it seems strange considering the following hadeeth:

'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported: I and Khalid b. Walid went to the apartment of Maimuna along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and there was presented to him a roasted lizard. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stretched his hand towards It, whereupon some of the women who had been in the house of Maimuna said: Inform Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) what he intends to eat. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) lifted his hand. I said: Messenger of Allah, Is it forbidden? He said: No. It is not found in the land of my people, and I feel that I have no liking for it. Khalid said: I then chewed and ate it, while, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was looking (at me). [Saheeh Muslim, Book 021, Number 4790]

how come he (peace be upon him) didnt consider the feelings of the people who invited him?

Perhaps it was a different issue, and the aim was of da'wah

Allaah Knows Best
Back to top Go down

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Imran wrote:
Could you please provide a reference for this hadeeth?

because it seems strange considering the following hadeeth:

'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported: I and Khalid b. Walid went to the apartment of Maimuna along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and there was presented to him a roasted lizard. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stretched his hand towards It, whereupon some of the women who had been in the house of Maimuna said: Inform Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) what he intends to eat. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) lifted his hand. I said: Messenger of Allah, Is it forbidden? He said: No. It is not found in the land of my people, and I feel that I have no liking for it. Khalid said: I then chewed and ate it, while, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was looking (at me). [Saheeh Muslim, Book 021, Number 4790]

how come he (peace be upon him) didnt consider the feelings of the people who invited him?

Perhaps it was a different issue, and the aim was of da'wah

Allaah Knows Best

Allah indeed Knows Best

I posted the above hadeeth from here :

http://sahaba.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=139

barak'Allahu feekum
Back to top Go down
Imran
Imran

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-09

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:11 am

i think its best to stick what is authenticately reported. because we have so many examples of the gentless of the Prophet (peace be upon him), we dont need to rely on some that are possible made up.

here is a similar story http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=96478&ln=eng&txt=harvest

Jazakaillahu khayrn for your efforts
Back to top Go down

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 am

Imran wrote:
i think its best to stick what is authenticately reported. because we have so many examples of the gentless of the Prophet (peace be upon him), we dont need to rely on some that are possible made up.

here is a similar story http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=96478&ln=eng&txt=harvest

Jazakaillahu khayrn for your efforts

aswrwb,

sahaba.net is known for its authenticity..not really sure why that particular hadeeth has no reference though scratch

anyway JazakAllahu khair for the link and barak'Allahu feek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Prophet's Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Prophet's Gift   The Prophet's Gift Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Prophet's Gift
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Learn About Islam :: Seerah-
Jump to: