Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Empty
PostSubject: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:36 pm

I've copy and pasted the following from another forum, It was posted by a good brother, May Allah 'azza wal Jal' bless him, Ameen (part of orginal text, although i too repeat it Smile)

The Weapons of the Prophet - from 'Zad al-Ma'ad'

"The Prophet (SAWS) had nine swords: he inherited Ma'thur from his father, and it was the first sword he ever owned. He also possessed al-'Idb and Dhu al-Fiqar, which never left his sight. Dhu al-Fiqar had a hilt, circular guard, tuft, buckles, and a base made of silver. He also had al-Qal'i, al-Battar, al-Hatf, ar-Rawb, al-Mikhdam, and al-Qadib, which had a base made of silver and silver circular hand guards. The Prophet acquired Dhu al-Fiqar during the battle of Badr, and saw a dream about it; when he entered Makkah during its conquering, his sword was beautified with gold and silver.

The Prophet (SAWS) had seven pieces of armor: Dhat al-Fudul, which he later pawned with Abu ash-Shahm - a Jew - in return for some thirty sa' (weights pertaining to food) of barley for his family. The debt was for a year. Dhat al-Fudul was made of iron. The Prophet also had Dhat al-Wishah, Dhat al-Hawashi, as-Sa'diyyah, Fiddah, al-Batra', and al-Khirniq.

The Prophet (SAWS) owned six bows: az-Zawra', ar-Rauha', as-Safra', al-Bayda', al-Katum - which was broke during the battle of Uhud, and was taken by Qatadah bin an-Nu'man - and as-Saddad.

The Prophet (SAWS) had a quiver called al-Kafur, and a strap for it made from tanned skin, as well as three silver circular rings, a buckle, and an edge made of silver. We should mention that Ibn Taymiyyah said that there are no authentic narrations that the Prophet ever wore a strap around his waist.

The Prophet (SAWS) had several shields: az-Zalluq, and a shield called al-Futaq. al-Futaq was given to him as a gift, and had a picture of a statue on it. So, he placed his hand on the image of the statue, and Allah made the image fade away.

The Prophet (SAWS) owned five spears: al-Muthwi, al-Muthni, a lance called an-Nab'ah, a bigger lance called al-Bayda', and a short lance, like a staff, called 'Anazah, which he held while attending the 'Id festivals, and used to place in front of him when he led the prayer, using it as a sutrah. Sometimes, the Prophet walked while holding the 'Anazah.

The Prophet (SAWS) had a helmet made of iron called al-Muwashah - which was adorned with copper - and another helmet, called as-Sabugh, or Dhu as-Sabugh.

The Prophet (SAWS) had three long shirts (jubbas) that he wore during battle One of them was said to be made of fine green silk brocade (sundus). It is well known that 'Urwah bin az-Zubayr had an outer garment made of silk brocade (dibaj) with embroidery made of fine green silk, and used to wear it during war. In one of the narrations from Ahmad, he said that it is allowed to wear silk during war.

The Prophet (SAWS) had a black banner or flag, called al-'Uqab. Abu Dawud collected a hadith in his 'Sunan' from one of the Companions who said: "I saw the Prophet's banner, it was yellow."[*] The Prophet also had white banners that were sometimes mixed with black.

The Prophet (SAWS) had a pavilion called al-Kann, and a crook that was one cubit's length long, that he would carry while walking or riding.

The Prophet (SAWS) also had a baton called al-'Arjun, and a staff called al-Mamshuq. It is said that this is the same staff that the khulafa' succeeding the Prophet used to hold in their hands."

[Taken from Ibn al-Qayyim's 'Zad al-Ma'ad'; 1/50]
[*] This hadith is weak.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:44 pm

JazakAllahu khair

hmm i think i got pictures of the swords, 6 of them i have but i can't find the other 3 scratch
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:
JazakAllahu khair

hmm i think i got pictures of the swords, 6 of them i have but i can't find the other 3 scratch

wa iyyaak and please post Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Al Battar,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Batar_10

Hatf,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Hatf_110

Qadib,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Qabid_10

Mikhdam,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Mikhdh10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 pm

JazaakAllahu khayr...have you got a picture of Dhu al-fiqaar?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:00 pm

JazakAllah for that Smile where are those swords?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:34 pm

I already posted 4 baa

Rasub,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Rasub10

Qal'i,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Qala_113

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:45 pm

smack head i meant as in where are the swords right now? like in a museum someplace?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:59 pm

yeah they're in a museum, i'm nto sure if it's the topkapi museum in turkey or where.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Admin wrote:
yeah they're in a museum, i'm nto sure if it's the topkapi museum in turkey or where.

really?! please find out for me, im going Turkey in a coupla months inshAllah! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:19 pm

If you go to the topkapi museum can you take hundreds of photos please? Neutral like the turban and clothes of rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and everythign else Neutral cos you dont get proper pictures of it online Neutral

Qadib, Qal'i, Hatf, Mikhdham, Ma'thur, and Battar are all in the topkapi museum, al 'adb is in cairo, and i dont know where the other two are.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 pm

'idb,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Adib92th

ma'thur,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Mathur33pf

dhul fiqaar,

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Faqar19fk

that's all of them now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Admin wrote:
If you go to the topkapi museum can you take hundreds of photos please? Neutral like the turban and clothes of rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and everythign else Neutral cos you dont get proper pictures of it online Neutral

Qadib, Qal'i, Hatf, Mikhdham, Ma'thur, and Battar are all in the topkapi museum, al 'adb is in cairo, and i dont know where the other two are.

i seeee, JazakAllah khayr and inshAllah, i will do, as long as they permit photography...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Not to ruin the fun or anything, but I read on the portal page that there was drawing of David & Goliath on al-Battaar which is wrong...
Back to top Go down
MWarrior

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:24 pm

them swords are nice and long Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weapons of the Prophet SAW   The Weapons of the Prophet SAW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Weapons of the Prophet SAW
Page 1 of 1