Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Questions...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

Female Number of posts : 1129
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Questions... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 pm

What's a shooting star?
When a devil gets burned?

*freshie accent* Splain me please help
Back to top Go down
http://www.me-ate-all-the-cake/fatty.com

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Before Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa and the revelation of the Qur'aan etc the jinn would climb near the Heavens and eavesdrop on the angels and stuff and then they would mix this with loadsa lies and pass it on to the magicians, fortune tellers etc
But after Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa, they werent able to do so anymore, the heavens were guarded and the jinn would be pelted by fiery stars everytime they tried to do so.
I think its found in hadeeth and tafseer...but im not too sure.
Back to top Go down
dismal
a nobody
dismal

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm

There is an ayah in surah mulk, but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to.

Quote :
[وَلَقَدْ زَيَّنَّا السَّمَآءَ الدُّنْيَا بِمَصَـبِيحَ]

(And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, ) This refers to the stars which have been placed in the heavens, some moving and some stationary. In Allah's statement,

[وَجَعَلْنَـهَا رُجُوماً لِّلشَّيَـطِينِ]

(and We have made them (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin,) The pronoun `them' in His statement, "and We have made them'' is the same type of statement as the stars being referred to as lamps. This does not mean that they are actually missiles, because the stars in the sky are not thrown. Rather, it is the meteors beneath them that are thrown and they are taken from the stars. And Allah knows best. Concerning Allah's statement,

[وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابَ السَّعِيرِ]

(and We have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.) means, `We have made this disgrace for the devils in this life and We have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire in the Hereafter.' This is as Allah said in the beginning of Surat As-Saffat,

[إِنَّا زَيَّنَّا السَّمَآءَ الدُّنْيَا بِزِينَةٍ الْكَوَكِبِ - وَحِفْظاً مِّن كُلِّ شَيْطَـنٍ مَّارِدٍ - لاَّ يَسَّمَّعُونَ إِلَى الْمَلإِ الاٌّعْلَى وَيُقْذَفُونَ مِن كُلِّ جَانِبٍ - دُحُوراً وَلَهُمْ عَذابٌ وَاصِبٌ - إِلاَّ مَنْ خَطِفَ الْخَطْفَةَ فَأَتْبَعَهُ شِهَابٌ ثَاقِبٌ ]

(Verily, We have adorned the near heaven with the stars (for beauty). And to guard against every rebellious devil. They cannot listen to the higher group (angels) for they are pelted from every side. Outcast, and theirs is a constant (or painful) torment. Except such as snatch away something by stealing, and they are pursued by a flaming fire of piercing brightness.) [37:6-7] Qatadah said, "These stars were only created for three purposes: Allah created them as adornment for the heaven (sky), as missiles for the devils and as signs for navigation. Therefore, whoever seeks to interpret any other meanings for them other than these, then verily he has spoken with his own opinion, he has lost his portion and burdened himself with that which he has no knowledge of.'' Ibn Jarir and Ibn Abi Hatim both recorded this statement.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Quote :
With all matters of al ghayb are we not allowed to imagine?

Like Jannah and naar too?

Nope there's no prohibition on imagining that.

Quote :
What's a shooting star?

*freshie accent* Splain me please

Think of it as an arrow which is shot at the shayateen by the malaa'ikah when the shayateen come up to the skies and tries to evesdrop on the malaa'ikah.

Quote :
Before Rasulullah and the revelation of the Qur'aan etc the jinn would climb near the Heavens and eavesdrop on the angels and stuff and then they would mix this with loadsa lies and pass it on to the magicians, fortune tellers etc

But after Rasulullah , they werent able to do so anymore, the heavens were guarded and the jinn would be pelted by fiery stars everytime they tried to do so.
I think its found in hadeeth and tafseer...but im not too sure.

Aye that's right, it's mentioned in the beginning of surah jinn as well.

Quote :
There is an ayah in surah mulk, but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to.

It comes a number of times in the qur'aan.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

Female Number of posts : 1129
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Admin wrote:

Quote :
What's a shooting star?

*freshie accent* Splain me please

Think of it as an arrow which is shot at the shayateen by the malaa'ikah when the shayateen come up to the skies and tries to evesdrop on the malaa'ikah.

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
http://www.me-ate-all-the-cake/fatty.com
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:12 pm

any athari aqeedah books in English? I would like to educate myself.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Unfortunately none that i can think of, in-depth ones that is, if you found one around it would be more salafi than athari if you get what i mean.

But 'aqeedatut tahaawiyyah is the athari 'aqeedah in a nutshell if you want to read that.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 am

What's difference between tahawiyyah and wasitiyyah >_>

I don't get what's the difference between 'salafi' and athari aqeedah. Enlighten me please. Umm Abdullah said there's no difference even in that thread on ummah. I was reading it. =o But it got too complicated for me. =/

btw do you know the one by imaam Bukhaari?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:05 am

regarding matters of al-ghayb

when we speak of the malaaika.. we can't imagine them can we?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Quote :
What's difference between tahawiyyah and wasitiyyah >_>

One is imaam tahaawi rahimahullaah's, the other is imaam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullaah's.

Quote :
I don't get what's the difference between 'salafi' and athari aqeedah. Enlighten me please. Umm Abdullah said there's no difference even in that thread on ummah. I was reading it. =o But it got too complicated for me. =/

Salafis say there's no difference between salafi and athari 'aqeedah, but whether that really is the case is another story.

Quote :
btw do you know the one by imaam Bukhaari?

I'm not sure, which one are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Quote :
regarding matters of al-ghayb

when we speak of the malaaika.. we can't imagine them can we?

Well i don't know of anything that prohibits it exactly, remember that Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam saw the malaa'ikah in their true forms, and you'll find descriptions in the hadeeth, and a description causes you to picture them, so i can't exactly say it's outrightly haraam, but a person should not attempt to picture them because you will not be able to picture them properly.

Wallaahu A'lam.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:03 pm

I dunno all of it, there's a book called aqeedah of imaam Bukhaari, I only know cause I was watching a lesson about it. =o

I'm still confused, how do I know if I've got the correct beliefs? I have the book now alhamdulillah, I wish I could be taught though it's hard reading it cause sometimes it goes over my head. =/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Nisaa wrote:
I dunno all of it, there's a book called aqeedah of imaam Bukhaari, I only know cause I was watching a lesson about it. =o

I'm still confused, how do I know if I've got the correct beliefs? I have the book now alhamdulillah, I wish I could be taught though it's hard reading it cause sometimes it goes over my head. =/

A book called 'aqeedah? I only know of one called khalq af'aalul 'ibaad.

Which book do you have?

I understand the feeling all too well, but don't let shaytaan play with your mind, how is your arabic right now? good enough to understand more or less an arabic kitaab?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:20 am

Aqeedatul Tahawiyyah.. I have it now.. look what I found

http://www.getislam.net/lectures/abdurrahman-ibn-yusuf/tahawi/

been searching online.. but there's different versions? or is it just different translations? And I found one and it's the explanation and it's massive! It looks so detailed and good too.. =o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:11 am

inshaa'Allah ill get to hear that live Big Grin i'll still make notes though Smile

i thought there were different translations? as in the translators interpret it slightly differently making the different versions....?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:20 am

Same guy? =o

Oh yes! it is! Woohoo now I don't feel so left out ^_^ But it's gonna be so intense! 2 whole days to cover entire book? =o It'll take me a while to listen to all of them..

And you need to post the other notes too *bugs you*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:46 am

Quote :
Aqeedatul Tahawiyyah.. I have it now.. look what I found

http://www.getislam.net/lectures/abdurrahman-ibn-yusuf/tahawi/

been searching online.. but there's different versions? or is it just different translations? And I found one and it's the explanation and it's massive! It looks so detailed and good too.. =o

'Aqeedatut tahaawiyyah is used by atharis, salafis, ash'aris and maatureedees, they each have their own way of interpreting it and come to different conclusions Neutral

This abdurrahmaan ibn yusuf person i think is a hanafi, so he would possibly be explaining it the maatureedee way, Allaahu A'lam.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:04 pm

oh man.. Can you help us find an athari version online so I can try to get a hold of it please?

You asked how much arabic can I understand before, and honestly, not much. =/ We had a letter in fusha and I was reading it and the parts I understood were with hadith and Qur'an in it. I didn't spend much time reading it though, but you know what you guys did with tmr and translating qasas an nabiyeen? I can understand that, cause we're working on it now. That kind of Arabic I get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Nisaa wrote:
Same guy? =o

Oh yes! it is! Woohoo now I don't feel so left out ^_^ But it's gonna be so intense! 2 whole days to cover entire book? =o It'll take me a while to listen to all of them..

And you need to post the other notes too *bugs you*

yesss, i told youuuu!

maybe he doesnt go through entire thing? dunno confused smile

i knowwww, havent forgottttennnnn tongue

Admin wrote:

'Aqeedatut tahaawiyyah is used by atharis, salafis, ash'aris and maatureedees, they each have their own way of interpreting it and come to different conclusions Neutral

This abdurrahmaan ibn yusuf person i think is a hanafi, so he would possibly be explaining it the maatureedee way, Allaahu A'lam.

hes called Mufti AbdurRahman ibn Yusuf!
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:01 am

The mu'tazila believe that we have no free will? They're a sect right, I know it's a dumb question, but can we say they're Muslims, I don't know what they said and what they believe much

And jahmiyyah believed what

You know the Khawaarij they are them what say if you commit sin you've left Islam, these people will keep coming back and we're told to fight them each time? Is that right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Quote :
oh man.. Can you help us find an athari version online so I can try to get a hold of it please?

The kitaab 'aqeedatut tahaawiyyah itself is an athari kitaab, i don't know of any athari sharh, i'll have to ask around if there is one.

Quote :
You asked how much arabic can I understand before, and honestly, not much. =/ We had a letter in fusha and I was reading it and the parts I understood were with hadith and Qur'an in it. I didn't spend much time reading it though, but you know what you guys did with tmr and translating qasas an nabiyeen? I can understand that, cause we're working on it now. That kind of Arabic I get.

Well you don't have to be disappointed since you're still new at all that, but you should read as much arabic stuff as you can even if you don't understand it now, it will give you experience with the language and that will help you later on in life.

Quote :
hes called Mufti AbdurRahman ibn Yusuf!

And your point?

Quote :
The mu'tazila believe that we have no free will? They're a sect right, I know it's a dumb question, but can we say they're Muslims, I don't know what they said and what they believe much

The mu'tazila aren't simply one group, they have sub groups as well, the jabriyyah are the ones who said there's no free will, the qadariyyah are the one who denied the existence of qadr, but both groups are from the mu'tazilah.

Well it depends on which ones you're talking about, because as i said they're a broad group with differing beliefs.

Quote :
And jahmiyyah believed what

the jahmiyyah as well as all the other baatil groups didn't just have one thing wrong with them, they had many false beliefs, but for instance they believed Allaah is everwhere, and they believed the qur'aan is created and so on.

Quote :
You know the Khawaarij they are them what say if you commit sin you've left Islam, these people will keep coming back and we're told to fight them each time? Is that right?

Yes those are the khawaarij, but i don't know about them coming back every time scratch
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Which group is it then? There is for sure one that will always come back.. I don't think I wrote it down either cause I can't find it

do they still exist and they are Muslim right.. They just say a major sin makes you leave Islam.. ? I don't know all these sects, I want to know more about them
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Quote :
Which group is it then? There is for sure one that will always come back.. I don't think I wrote it down either cause I can't find it

I don't know, i vaguely recall hearing about a group coming back, but i don't know.

Quote :
do they still exist and they are Muslim right.. They just say a major sin makes you leave Islam.. ? I don't know all these sects, I want to know more about them

I can't remember what the ruling was regarding them, i think some said they were kuffaar, but i'm not sure, that was not their only belief, they had many other baatil beliefs as well.

If you want to know about sects, then you should read al-farqu baynal firaq.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions...
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6