Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Concealing Knowledge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UmmHaraith
UmmHaraith

Female Number of posts : 26
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Concealing Knowledge Empty
PostSubject: Concealing Knowledge   Concealing Knowledge Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 am

Bismillah

Taken from :The Book of Knowledge" by Imaam Abu Khaithama Zuhayr bin Harb An-Nasaa'ee [Died 234H] with Verification and Notes by Imaam Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee on pg.53
Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Mu'aadh reported to us, saying: Ash'ath reported that Al-Hasan said: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

"It is from truthfulness that a man acquires knowledge, then acts upon it and teaches it." Al-Ash'ath said: "Did you not see that he (sallAllaahu alaihi wa sallam) began with knowledge before action."

Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ismaa'eel bin Ibraaheem reported to us that Ayoob said: I heard Al-Qaasim bin Muhammad say:

"You ask me concerning that which I have no knowledge of. By Allaah, if I did have knowledge of it, I would not conceal it nor would I allow for it to be concealed (by others)."

Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Muhammad bin Mus'ab [70] reported to us, saying: Al-Awzaa'ee reported to us that Abu Katheer said: I heard Abu Hurairah (radiAllaahu anhu) say:
"Indeed Abu Hurairah neither conceals (knowledge) [71] nor does he dictate (it)."

Footnote
[70] He is Al-Qarqasaanee - an honest narrator who would commit many errors. However, a group of narrators would use him as a supplemental support, as reported by Ad-Daarimee (1/122), Al-Khateeb in Taqyeed-ul-'Ilm (pg.42) and others. So the chain of narration connected to Abu Hurairah (radyAllaahu anhu) is authentic. Furthermore, Abu Katheer here is As-Suhaymee Al-Yamaanee Al-A'maa.
[71] In some previous sources, it is reported as "Yaktub" instead of "Yaktum", i.e., "he neither writes..."

Concealing Knowledge
Page 1 of 1