Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Women's salaah

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Women's salaah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Yeah that does make sense.. JazakAllahu khair sis for explaining.

I just feel like personally I couldn't decide because I'm not at all knowledgeable so I'd rather leave it to those who do know.. the confusion begins when I get lots of different answers, though I suppose it is a tad naive just trusting the answers on a site, and not really digging any deeper.

[slightly off topic here but ! ]

So okay, well on ummah a fatwaa was posted about women wearing jeans and it was from ask imam, and it said that well... it's not very good... like they shouldn't wear them, but I do, and I always have and when I read that I was a bit taken aback thinking I'd have to stop, but then on sunnipath another fatawaa was posted saying it's okay. Now if I were to follow sunnipath's answer on this and not on other occasions would that be right or would that be wrong? ... =/ Because to me that sounds a bit silly picking and choosing... although both were hanafi I think - so beacuse you aren't picking and choosing from different madhabs and forming your own little.. I dunno 'clique' it's all mighty and fine picking and choosing from different viewpoints in your own madhab, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 pm

nisaa wrote:
Yeah that does make sense.. JazakAllahu khair sis for explaining.

I just feel like personally I couldn't decide because I'm not at all knowledgeable so I'd rather leave it to those who do know.. the confusion begins when I get lots of different answers, though I suppose it is a tad naive just trusting the answers on a site, and not really digging any deeper.

[slightly off topic here but ! ]

So okay, well on ummah a fatwaa was posted about women wearing jeans and it was from ask imam, and it said that well... it's not very good... like they shouldn't wear them, but I do, and I always have and when I read that I was a bit taken aback thinking I'd have to stop, but then on sunnipath another fatawaa was posted saying it's okay. Now if I were to follow sunnipath's answer on this and not on other occasions would that be right or would that be wrong? ... =/ Because to me that sounds a bit silly picking and choosing... although both were hanafi I think - so beacuse you aren't picking and choosing from different madhabs and forming your own little.. I dunno 'clique' it's all mighty and fine picking and choosing from different viewpoints in your own madhab, right?

thats with so many of us though, best thing id advise, is to get your info from reliable source, which is agreed upon/verified by other scholars/someone knowledgeable you know personally...

yup, see, thats the thing....theres so many lil differences like that...personally, ive heard many a range of why women shouldnt wear jeans...from it originating as a clothes sense for homosexuals, imitation of males/kuffaar etc, but myabe they have to word their rulings so carefully so that others dont get wrong interpretation, cus if they said, they are allowed to be worn, some women might wear them in the inappropriate immodest sense, and say it is allowed according to such and such a fatwa on AskImam...

but in all honesty, you should yourself realise where/when they can be worn, thats the main thing...because some girls may wear jeans with a long dress and thats their version of modest dress, whereas someone else may wear exact same thing but with abayah on top when she goes out (they are both wearing jeans but in their own ways of modesty) some scholars may say that the first girl is doing nothing bad...but i dunno, again, it all just comes down to the difference in opinion....

if wearing jeans is being disallowed for a reason other than modesty, then im not too sure of the concept behind that, cus i really dont know....

and with all of that...going back to original point, with the whole jeans thing, ive never had a particular stance on it for certain reasons, but my dad never says anything my lil sis when she wears them, so for that reason, ive thought of them as 'ok' within the appropriate circumstance (not wearing them with revealing clothes, shes quite young etc) Smile
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 pm

I don't know what else to wear though.. and anyway I wear the abaya/jilbab now =) (still can't figure out the difference =/) so to me I think that's fine you know, personally because I've always worn them, I've never found any fault in them.. the thought about imitating kuffar has never crossed my mind until then.. and like my aunt and uncle don't let their kids wear jeans... but my dad is fine with me and my sister wearing whatever we like in the house, and so is my mum... but after having read that especially the bit where it said that jeans are the dress of less knowledgeable people I kinda... felt a bit offended.. or upset about it..

Did it originate from homos? =s I didn't know that..

But I do understand where you are coming from sis. =) I get confused easily. =( =P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm

nisaa wrote:
I don't know what else to wear though.. and anyway I wear the abaya/jilbab now =) (still can't figure out the difference =/) so to me I think that's fine you know, personally because I've always worn them, I've never found any fault in them.. the thought about imitating kuffar has never crossed my mind until then.. and like my aunt and uncle don't let their kids wear jeans... but my dad is fine with me and my sister wearing whatever we like in the house, and so is my mum... but after having read that especially the bit where it said that jeans are the dress of less knowledgeable people I kinda... felt a bit offended.. or upset about it..

Did it originate from homos? =s I didn't know that..

But I do understand where you are coming from sis. =) I get confused easily. =( =P

there you go, you wear the jilbab now, thus fulfilling the 'appropriate' criteria, when/where you wear jeans besides this, we dont wanna know cus of protecting your hayaa tongue

i honestly dont know about that, ima try find out the reasons/evidence people give for not allowing jeans though inshAllah...

dunno about the gay side to jeans tongue someone told me, but i didnt give it much thought...

thats gooooood Big Grin and confused...so do i sad
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:16 pm

LOL I fit into the appropriate criteria now! As if ! Haha.. Oh man urbs... you've offended me. =P =/

I joke.

JazakAllahu khair sis. I'm glad we understand each other, I like understanding.

Also if it were imitating kuffar how comes men wear it then... =/ Unless they aren't allowed either..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 pm

nisaa wrote:
LOL I fit into the appropriate criteria now! As if ! Haha.. Oh man urbs... you've offended me. =P =/

I joke.

JazakAllahu khair sis. I'm glad we understand each other, I like understanding.

Also if it were imitating kuffar how comes men wear it then... =/ Unless they aren't allowed either..

nooo, i didnt mean appropriate in that sense (ways of thinking/diff in opinion), i meant in the modest sense, that your idea of appropriate modesty for a woman is to wear the abayah...dyuuu getsss meeehhh?

barakAllahu feeki, and so do i Big Grin

truesay...i dunno tongue
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Quote :

What does your heart tell you?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Quote :
But there's only one Islam and yeah.. different fiqhs and stuff, but isn't it the same.. How can it be different when you're following the same rules?

Sunnipath is more modern and lenient than ask imam, ask imam would say shias are kaafir but sunnipath would try to say they're not, ask imam would say you shouldn't imitate the kuffaar in dressware or otherwise but sunnipath would say you can dress like them and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Quote :
and ya know, i never ever used to look at SunniPath for fatwas, because AskImam's fatwas were more with my mindset (if that makes sense )...but it takes ages searching on that, and a few people recommended SunniPath for Hanafi based fiqh....

You're a modern hanafi from sunnipath not ask imam torture
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't understand it though... everything becomes imitation of the kuffar then, we adopt clothing from cultures, and they're hardly Muslim, like .. Indian clothing I don't know, hindus wear them too.. and jeans and stuff, everyone wears them now.. Like I don't mean to sound like I'm making excuses, I don't get where the line is drawn..

What does my heart tell me about what? =/

Do women need to cover their feet whilst praying... ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Quote :
What does my heart tell me about what? =/

About the whole jeans issue and stuff, ask mufti heart for his fatwa.

Quote :
Do women need to cover their feet whilst praying... ?

urban rose should be able to answer that, like i said i don't know much about womens rulings, but i'd say even if it's permissable to not cover your feet in salaah then you should still do so to be on the safer side.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 pm

=o

Is the reason behind it because it's imitating kuffar? Or something else, or am I basing it on what it said on ask imam?

My heart is undecided. I think.. I don't know, confusion. =(
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Ask imam didn't say it's haraam to wear, they said it's better not to wear it, buuuuut i dunno, hmmmm check islamqa.com and see what they say concerning jeans and women wearing pants as well, hopefully then an answer can be reached.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:56 pm

But what else do you wear??

Okay inshallah will do.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 pm

I wouldn't know since i don't wear female clothing Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :
Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked about the ruling on women wearing jeans. He replied:

“As for women wearing pants or trousers, this is not permitted, even if she is on her own or in front of other women or her husband, except if she is in a closed room with her husband only. Apart from that, it is not permitted because it shows the details of her body and makes her get used to these clothes. So she is not permitted to wear these clothes at all.” (al-Nukhbah min al-Fataawaa al-Nisaa’iyyah, p. 30).

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen was also asked about the ruling on women wearing any kind of pants or trousers. He (may Allaah preserve him) answered:

“I think that women should not wear trousers at all, even if there is no one with her apart from her husband, because this is imitating men. The ones who wear trousers are men, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed women who imitate men.”

Majmoo’ Fataawaa wa Rasaa’il al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, part 12, p. 287

Oh my goodness me..

This is proper too much... Oh man.. But you get jeans for women too... is that still imitation of men.. ? ='( But I like my jeans.. and now I'm clearly making excuses.. I dunno what to do now.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:05 am

Broken it down now thanks to sis Asiya and MMS off ummah. =)

So now I gotta decide.. =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Women's salaah
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2