Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Women's salaah

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Whats the Hanafi view on how loud a woman should pray her salaah?
i.e whisper? move her lips etc?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:44 pm

Yes please, I would like to know also.

And you know when you can recite loudly... it's a sunnah isn't it? .. What salaah's is it? I know it's Fajr and Isha... but what other Maghrib or Duhr.. also, is it just the fardh salah's you recite loudly in?
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm

nisaa wrote:
Yes please, I would like to know also.

And you know when you can recite loudly... it's a sunnah isn't it? .. What salaah's is it? I know it's Fajr and Isha... but what other Maghrib or Duhr.. also, is it just the fardh salah's you recite loudly in?

Fardh and Witr, as for the actual salaah, is it not the fardh rakaahs of each salaah? scratch ive forgotten embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 pm

I don't understand... =/

Break it down... I need a lot of explaining done for me to understand. =P You should know!
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 pm

well, erm, IF you mean recite loudly as in when praying in congregation and the imaam recites the suraahs out loud...then its the fardh and witr rakaahs, he does it for....
and i cant actually remember whether its for all the salaah or just certain ones...cus i dont pray in jamaah regularly tongue
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:24 pm

I read even at home you can just recite loudly if there's no ghair mehrams about?

Especially tahajjud salaah? As long as you aren't waking anyone up.. rightttt?

I've never prayed in congregation before... I feel so sad and deprived.. closest we can go to a masjid that allows females to pray is Leeds I think. *weeps* But it's better to pray at home isn't it... but men get rewarded how much... something (a number I'm not sure of =P) 7 times more praying in congregation so if men and women rewards are the same would women get that same reward if they prayed or am I confusing something here?

Last edited by nisaa on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 pm

hmm, ive never actually thought about that!
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Can you answer my other question? =O =P
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 pm

nisaa wrote:
I read even at home you can just recite loudly if there's no ghair mehrams about?

Especially tahajjud salaah? As long as you aren't waking anyone up.. rightttt?

I've never prayed in congregation before... I feel so sad and deprived.. closest we can go to a masjid that allows females to pray is Leeds I think. *weeps* But it's better to pray at home isn't it... but men get rewarded how much... something (a number I'm not sure of =P) 7 times more praying in congregation so if men and women rewards are the same would women get that same reward if they prayed or am I confusing something here?

they actually get rewarded more than men according to some scholars ...mentioned here...

ive only prayed in congregation when i went for Umrah and in Jerusalem love no masaajid around here has facilities for women (as you already know tongue), but women should only go in the appropriate circumstance (url=http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=3&ID=4837&CATE=456]read here[/url])...

much less hassle praying at home too embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:49 pm

JazakAllahu khair sis. love

It is easier and much better for women to pray at home, and we needn't go out in the cold. ! =D

It would be nice though, I think I'd find it such a lovely experience
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:56 pm

nisaa wrote:
JazakAllahu khair sis. love

It is easier and much better for women to pray at home, and we needn't go out in the cold. ! =D

It would be nice though, I think I'd find it such a lovely experience

true Big Grin

May Allah SWT bless you (and all the rest of us too) with salaah within all of the holy sites, and grant you immense happiness and barakah as a result. Ameen! love
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Ameen !

I also have another question... how come women place their hands on their chest whist men put it like below.. ish... I don't get it.. and they kinda fold their arms..

I know the differences in positions and stuff, but I don't understand that one..
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:06 pm

nisaa wrote:
Ameen !

I also have another question... how come women place their hands on their chest whist men put it like below.. ish... I don't get it.. and they kinda fold their arms..

I know the differences in positions and stuff, but I don't understand that one..

because thats how it was seen being performed by the women at the time of Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa? embarassed

maybe this will help?

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=1311

im not scholar obv, someone please come and answer all these questions for ussss Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Oh okay.. JazakAllahu khair

D'ya know... I've read that before... I think I either stopped half way or just missed that bit. =/ Clutz I am.

Yeah because I'll keep asking questions. =P

No alhamdulillah, I think that's all my queries on salaah...
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Women nono

Quote :

Firstly is it permissable for women to recite aloud? i'll have to check that up.

Fajr Maghrib and Eshaa are the loud (jahri) salaah, and Zuhr and Asr are the silent (sirri) salaah.

Urban Rose was confused with ramadhaan, witr is only made loud and in jamaa'ah during ramadhaan, throughout the rest of the year everyone makes their own witr softly.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Quote :
Whats the Hanafi view on how loud a woman should pray her salaah?
i.e whisper? move her lips etc?

Womens issues are not my area of expertise, but i figure she must move her lips, otherwise it's not regarded as reciting, and i "assume" she should read softly but loud enough to hear herself, that doesn't mean if there's noise in the area then she should raise her voice more to hear herself nono

Quote :

The salaah you make in the innermost part of your house is more rewarding than to make salaah with jamaa'ah in makkah.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Is that what it means when it says 'the darkest spot' ? But it shouldn't be taken literally right?

See I was reading some stuff, gathering research and it said that women can recite loudly. As long as there's no ghair mehram about, I can't though because my voice just annoys me that's why I wanted to know about the lips thing because if I hear myself over a degree whilst praying I lose concentration.. it's weird... I can't explain it. But like I do whisper, just not very loud, I can hear myself... just don't want my salaah's to be invalid.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Quote :
Is that what it means when it says 'the darkest spot' ? But it shouldn't be taken literally right?

Aye it means innermost part, and it is to be taken literally, well to a certain degree atleast, because if you make in the innermost part of your house then there'll be no one to distract or bother you while you're making salaah, whereas if you made in your dining room for instance then there'd be family members walking around through the place and stuff, well that's my explanation anyhow Neutral

Quote :
See I was reading some stuff, gathering research and it said that women can recite loudly

Where'd you read that?
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Quote :

Aye it means innermost part, and it is to be taken literally, well to a certain degree atleast, because if you make in the innermost part of your house then there'll be no one to distract or bother you while you're making salaah, whereas if you made in your dining room for instance then there'd be family members walking around through the place and stuff, well that's my explanation anyhow Neutral

Quote :
See I was reading some stuff, gathering research and it said that women can recite loudly

Where'd you read that?

On sunnipath I think... I'll find it in a bit.. and post it

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=3&ID=1629&CATE=389

See and there it says that she can't just move her lips.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't trust sunnipaths fataawa, i'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but i just don't trust things from their site.

As for the thing about moving the lips, it's the same as i said earlier.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:55 pm

What do you mean?

=/

Oh I dunno.. I was just wondering anyway. JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:05 pm

I've seen only a few of Sunnipaths fataawa, and many of those were "modern" fataawa, which is not the same ruling as the actual hanafi madhab, that's what i mean.
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Admin wrote:
I've seen only a few of Sunnipaths fataawa, and many of those were "modern" fataawa, which is not the same ruling as the actual hanafi madhab, that's what i mean.

jazakAllahu khayr for your reply
and ya know, i never ever used to look at SunniPath for fatwas, because AskImam's fatwas were more with my mindset (if that makes sense embarassed)...but it takes ages searching on that, and a few people recommended SunniPath for Hanafi based fiqh....
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:55 pm

I use both? ... Ask Imam does take yonks though and I can't even search with keywords because nothing comes up. I couldn't find anything on there.. because I gave up.

I don't get it though... I don't understand you urby.. your mindset? Like.. how.. I dunno it sounds like well... I dunno.

But there's only one Islam and yeah.. different fiqhs and stuff, but isn't it the same.. How can it be different when you're following the same rules?

It's difficult.. like you always get so many different answers for one question.. I find that really confusing... =/
Back to top Go down

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

nisaa wrote:
I use both? ... Ask Imam does take yonks though and I can't even search with keywords because nothing comes up. I couldn't find anything on there.. because I gave up.

I don't get it though... I don't understand you urby.. your mindset? Like.. how.. I dunno it sounds like well... I dunno.

But there's only one Islam and yeah.. different fiqhs and stuff, but isn't it the same.. How can it be different when you're following the same rules?

It's difficult.. like you always get so many different answers for one question.. I find that really confusing... =/

thats the annoying part, with Sunnipath it links you directly to the question, but AskImam takes aaaaaaaaaaaaages to search through!

it is all the same, as in the differences are accepted - the madhaahib agree to disagree in a sense...but even within one madhab, theres different viewpoints...and in want of a better word, its kinda like degrees of 'strictness' ...for example, womens modest dress, some scholars will agree on the niqaab/jilbab/hijaab all together, while others may say loose clothing and hijaab will suffice.

i dont wanna go into personal opinion too much, cus its a bit complex embarassed but some people may say, a woman musnt wear such and such a thing when she goes out, and someone might think its too extreme...and again, im not talking about differing aspects on a wide level, but within one madhab itself...

dyu get me? embarrassed

but yeah, it can get confusing,....a lot confusing, if you make it like that for yourself, but stick to the basics where you can (until you have more knowledge inshAllah) and i think, the general rule of thumb would be to take the ruling most similar to what you already know/your local and appropriate masjid/imaam would prescribe etc....

but this is all from my knowledge, please correct me if im wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Women's salaah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's salaah   Women's salaah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Women's salaah
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next