Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Free-mixing Policy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:24 pm

aswrwb

I’ve noticed this forum lacks free mixing guiding principles. From my observation I’ve noticed many of the discussions which takes place forumities tend to engage in superfluous and frivolous talks. By that I mean too many "cheers rotfl embarassed geek affraid" to the opposite gender. My question is would one be giving off these types of expression in real life infront of a non mahram brothers/sisters? Just because a person is online and no one can see them doesn't hinder the fact they still have to uphold a serious tone and focus in conversation.

There are also topics of dicussion which lead to free-mixing (exhibit A: What Are You Eating? /Food Diary Thread) This is just one example of a thread which leads to free-mixing. These types of chit-chatters should be kept in the segregated section.

Sisters I've noticed too many "in love love wub" I'm assuming you have a sisters section? if you feel the need to express such emotion then make hijrah to the sister's section and do it there. By displaying these emotions in the integrated section you're only attracting attention to yourself. I'd also advice you to remain vigilant at all times since you don't know who is on the other end of the screen. A predator could be sharing a "wub" with you and many sisters tend to be very susceptible to sweet words.

I think admin/mods should take the authoritarian role and crack down on free-mixing. Although oddly enough I've seen some (if not all) mods who get involved (or might instigate) free-mixing.

This is only a nasheeh and inshaAllah I'll follow my advice as well.
Back to top Go down

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Wa alaikum salaam

JazakAllahu khayr for this post and you are very correct in what you say.
The threads you mentioned such as Food Diary thread etc have a specific topic to adhere to and other posts belong in the Random thread, which has been created specifically to stop spam in other threads. We should of course, be careful too in Random thread about the freemixing...i myself, have been guilty of that embarassed

And you are also right about the great quantity of these smileys in love wub love but alhamdulillah, they have never been between users of different genders...if they had/will be anything like that then they will of course be reminded of the Islamic teachings for that particular subject. But the reason why those posts remain in Random thread and i myself, did not have the whole conversation moved to Sisters is because that thread is one of the very few which is active...it keeps the forum alive and was mainly an exchange of posts between the few particular sisters and myself.

once again, JazakAllahu khayr and i will deffo try and implement what you say inshAllah Smile
Back to top Go down
GuCcI
GuCcI

Female Number of posts : 141
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:34 pm

i dont think anyone ever uses love in love wub towards the brothers... usually its used for food or material objects scratch

but ya good point
Back to top Go down

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 pm

^^^^ I think she meant that the sisters use it amongst themselves....
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:58 pm

I think many of the sister's know and trust each other here..
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Raised some good points there. I agree with it
Back to top Go down
mujahidah
mujahidah

Female Number of posts : 17
Religion : ISLAM
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm

aswrwb
i think the sister is very correct
JazakAllahu khair sister Al-Ansariyyah
we do need to be careful abut these thngs as it may lead to great fitna
a brother once told me to be modest becox i said "hehe"...and he is a very gud brother mashaAllah
if this is being modest in behaviour i dont see it maintained here..(by da way i may not knw modest correctly..hope someone will correct me if im wrong)
and maybe it would be better if sisters use the emoticons they want in sisters section n brothers in brothers section...meaning not to the opposite gender
JazakAllahu khair brothers and sisters

wswrwb
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:23 pm

I agree with what you've said and i know i'm most probably guilty of it as well.

If you have a list of threads/posts/sections where you've seen this happening a lot then i'll try to do something about it Insha Allah.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Free-mixing Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free-mixing Policy   Free-mixing Policy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free-mixing Policy
Page 1 of 1