Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Authenticity check

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 pm

aswrwb if there's any stories you've heard or anything you don't know if it's true, post them here for check, you don't wanna be just accepting what people say without concrete proof insha Allah. I posted this in refutation because... I didn't know where else to put it.

Last edited by Nisaa on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Someone told me that one time a man came to the messenger of Allah Sallallahu alayhi wa with sadaqah (I think?) and he gave all that he had so the messenger of Allah Sallallahu alayhi wa threw it back at him and it hit him.. because he knew that the person would beg the next day

I was told the story is in tablighi nisaab.. so I got ahold of the book and tried to find it but I can't seem to find it... I would really appreciate it anyone knows the source that they post it. I want to know it's authenticity.

I've been looking in the book and I can't find sources for anything, so even if I found the story I still wouldn't know where I could find the hadith.
Back to top Go down

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

i dont think we have a tablighi nisaab, i'll have a look later on though inshaAllah Smile

i found this, dunno if its same thing?

Quote :

Book 9, Number 1669: (Abu Dawood)
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

While we were sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) a man brought him some gold equal in weight to an egg, and said: Apostle of Allah, I have got this from a mine; take it; it is sadaqah. I have no more than this. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) turned his attention from him. Then he came to him from his right side and repeated the same words. But he (the Prophet) turned his attention from him. He then came to him from his left side and repeated the same words. But he (again) turned his attention from him. He then came to him from behind. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) took it and threw it away. Had it hit him, it would have hurt him or wounded him. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: One of you brings all that he possesses and says: This is sadaqah. Then he sits down and spreads his hand before the people. The best sadaqah is that which leaves a competence.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/abudawud/009.html
Back to top Go down

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Nisaa wrote:
Someone told me that one time a man came to the messenger of Allah Sallallahu alayhi wa with sadaqah (I think?) and he gave all that he had so the messenger of Allah Sallallahu alayhi wa threw it back at him and it hit him.. because he knew that the person would beg the next day

I was told the story is in tablighi nisaab.. so I got ahold of the book and tried to find it but I can't seem to find it... I would really appreciate it anyone knows the source that they post it. I want to know it's authenticity.

I've been looking in the book and I can't find sources for anything, so even if I found the story I still wouldn't know where I could find the hadith.

a lot of the older books especially from the Ulema of India, they may not always contain hadeeth cited as sources, because the ulema would only take on and be given the title of 'aalim' or 'shaykh' if they possessed great knowledge, were well respected, had studied under great scholars and had a list of books studied as credit to their name....and for that reason, those that studied under them, a lot of the time, they werent given hadeeth sources (like book so and so, number 1,2,3, 4 etc)....the students had the greatest of trust in the narrations being correctly derived from the hadeeth books...and this spilled over into the authorship of books too...this was usually when narratives of stories were given or virtues derived from the ahadeeth...when they studied the four madhaahib or other things like that then they would obviously use the correct sources and so on thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

urban_rose wrote:
i dont think we have a tablighi nisaab, i'll have a look later on though inshaAllah Smile

i found this, dunno if its same thing?

Quote :

Book 9, Number 1669: (Abu Dawood)
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

While we were sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) a man brought him some gold equal in weight to an egg, and said: Apostle of Allah, I have got this from a mine; take it; it is sadaqah. I have no more than this. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) turned his attention from him. Then he came to him from his right side and repeated the same words. But he (the Prophet) turned his attention from him. He then came to him from his left side and repeated the same words. But he (again) turned his attention from him. He then came to him from behind. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) took it and threw it away. Had it hit him, it would have hurt him or wounded him. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: One of you brings all that he possesses and says: This is sadaqah. Then he sits down and spreads his hand before the people. The best sadaqah is that which leaves a competence.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/abudawud/009.html

Yeah I think that's it JazakAllahu khair. How did you find it so quick? =O alhamdulillah, it's all cleared up now.

I think that was all I wanted clarifying.
Back to top Go down

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Google search embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Authenticity check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authenticity check   Authenticity check Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Authenticity check
Page 1 of 1