Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Description Of The Sahaba

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Description Of The Sahaba Empty
PostSubject: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Compiled from the first four volumes of adh-Dhahabi’s ‘Siyar A’lam an-Nubala”:

1 - Abu Bakr:

“He was white-skinned, skinny, with thin cheeks. He had a wrinkly face, deepset eyes, a protruding forehead, and he would dye his beard with henna and oil it.”

“He was white or yellow-skinned, handsome, with thin legs. His izar would not stay firmly tied around his waist.”

2 - ‘Umar bin al-Khattab:

“He was white-skinned, leaning towards redness. He was tall, balding, and had white hair around his head.”

“He was very tall, and extemely bald. He had reddened skin, thin cheeks, and the edges of his mustache were long and dark red.”

“He would walk so fast that it was as if he was riding a horse while those around him were walking.”

“He used to dye his hair with henna.”

3 - ‘Uthman bin ‘Affan:

“He was not tall or short. He had a handsome face, a long beard, dark skin, wide shoulders, and he would dye his hair with saffron. He would cap teeth with gold.”

‘Abdullah bin Hazm said: “I saw ‘Uthman, and I never saw a man or woman more beautiful than him.”

as-Sa’ib said: “I saw him dying his beard yellow, and I never saw an old man more handsome than him.”

4 - ‘Ali bin Abi Talib:

“He was balding, but had much hair left, as if he was wearing a sheepskin. He was of medium height, with a large belly and a large beard.”

“He had a yellow beard.”

“He dyed his beard with henna once, then he never used it again.”

“His hair and beard were white, like cotton.”

ash-Sha’bi said: “I saw ‘Ali with a white beard, and I never saw anyone with a larger beard then he.”

“He had heavyset, large eyes, and he was closer to being short.”

5 - Abu ‘Ubaydah bin al-Jarrah:

“He was a skinny man, with a wrinkly face and a light beard. He was tall.”

6 - Mu’adh bin Jabal:

“He was tall, with large eyes, white-skinned, with wrinkled skin.”

7 - ‘Abdullah bin Mas’ud:

“He was thin, short, and did not dye his hair.”

“He was handsome and wise.”

8 - ‘A’ishah:

“She was white-skinned and beautiful.”

9 - Abu Hurayrah:

“He was fair-skinned, had wide shoulders, wide teeth, and he had braids in his hair.”

“He was white-skinned, thin, and had a red beard.”

10 - Mu’awiyah:

“He was tall, white-skinned, and handsome. When he laughed, his upper lip would move, and he would dye his hair.”

“He would dye his hair with saffron, and his beard was golden.”

11 - ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:

“He would dye his beard yellow.”

“He would dye his beard yellow until his clothing became wet with the dye. It was said to him: “You dye with yellow?” He replied: “I saw the Messenger of Allah doing so!”"

12 - al-Husayn:

“His hair and beard were extremely black.”

13 - ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas:

“He was white-skinned, leaning towards yellow, tall, handsome, bright-faced, and he would dye his hair with henna.”

‘Ata’ said: “I never see the full Moon of the 14th night of the month except that I remember the face of Ibn ‘Abbas.”

14 - Anas bin Malik:

“He would wear a black turban that he would leave trailing behind him.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:41 pm

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 pm

I also had my own collection of descriptions....But if Abu Hafsa can find it (you know from where) and post it here inshaAllah
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:08 am

Ahh.. I think u posrted it on gawaher? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

No it was in 7cgen brothers section
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:58 pm

hmm.. inshAllah i'll post it soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:00 pm

JazakAllahu khayr for sharing...

theres one in one of the Hayatus Sahaba Volumes too....with the story of Heraclius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: f   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Sahabi: Al Barraa' Ibn Maalik Al Ansaari

Description: He was described as: ''His hair looked dishevelled and his whole appearance was unkempt. He was thin and wiry with so little flesh on his bones that it was painful to look at him. Yet in single- handed combat he defeated and killed many opponents and in the thick of battle he was an outstanding fighter against the mushrikeen. He was so courageous and daring'' This was the Warrior of the Ansaar, Al Barraa'

Sahabi: Abu Bakr As-Sideeq

Description: Al-Suyuti relates through Ibn Sa`d’s report from `A’isha her description of Abu Bakr: "He was a man with fair skin, thin, emaciated, with a sparse beard, a slightly hunched frame, sunken eyes and protruding forehead, and the bases of his fingers were hairless."

Sahabi: 'Umar ibn al Khattaab

Description: Ibn Saad and al-Hakim have recorded a description of Umar as Abu Miriam Zir, a native of Kufa described him. Zir said:

"I went forth with the people of Madina on a festival day, and I saw Umar walking barefoot. He was advanced in years, bald, of a tawny colour-a left handed man, tall, and towering above the people."

Ibn Umar described the physical appearance of Umar as follows:

"He was a man of fair complexion, a ruddy tint prevailing, tall, bald and grey."

Ubayd bin Umayr described Umar as follows:

" Umar used to overtop the people in height."

Salima bin al-Akwa'a said about him:

" Umar was ambidexter; he could use both his hands equally well."

Ibn Asakir records on tile authority of Abu Raja al-U'taridi that:

"Umar was a man tall, stout, very bald, very ruddy with scanty hair on the cheeks, his moustaches large, and the ends thereof reddish."

Sahabi: 'Uthman ibn 'Affaan

Description: ''`Uthman was neither tall nor short, extremely handsome, brown hair, large-jointed, wide-shouldered, with a large beard which he dyed yellow and long hair which reached to his shoulders. `Abd Allah ibn Hazm said: "I saw `Uthman, and I never saw man nor woman handsomer of face than him."

Name: Jareer ibn 'Abdullah

Description: ''He was tall, handsome and attractive man & had a radiant face'' It's enough to know that he was known as ''The Yusuf of this Ummah'' or ''The Second Yusuf''

Sahabi: Khalid ibn al Waleed

Description: ''A strong and sturdy physique, tall stature, broad shoulders, dignified bearning & eagly-eyed'' This was the Sword of Allah

Sahabi: Abu 'Ubaidah ibn Al Jarraah

Description: ''A handsome, pleasant, well-spoken man with a tall, slim physique and bright sharp eyes, he was an image and grace'' He was the Ameen of this Ummah

Sahabi: Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqaas

Description: ''A tall tanned sturdily buily youth with broad shoulders and curly hair''

Sahabi: 'Abdur-Rahmaan ibn 'Auf

Description: ''He was tall, fair, good-looking with rosy cheecks, curly hairs,a bright face and a strong & spry physique''

Sahabi: 'Amr ibn al 'Aas

Description: ''He was short, stocky but well built & shrewd''

Sahabi: Al Qa'Qa' bin 'Amr at-Tameemi

Description: ''A well built, handsome & and actrative man. A brave, daring soldier & swift horse rider''

Sahabi: 'Utbah bin Ghazwan

Description: ''Tall and well-built with a shining face & attractive personality''

Sahabi: Huthayfah ibn Yamaan

Description: ''He was of medium height & was sturdily built. He had shining white teeth that seemed to glitter at all times like diamonds. His eyes were as sharp & keen as those of a hawk.

Collected by Abu Sulayman Al 7atimi from different sources
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Description Of The Sahaba   Description Of The Sahaba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Description Of The Sahaba
Page 1 of 1