Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Syrian Grand Mufti

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 am

Syrian Grand Mufti Large_58758_41413

DUBAI (Haian Nayouf, AlArabiya.net)

During a visit to Germany, Syria's Grand Mufti made "controversial" statements – saying he follows all sects of Islam, and adding that there is no such thing as "holy war."

Sheikh Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun – the highest Islamic jurist in Syria -- confirmed German media reports about his multiple affiliations to different denominations in Islam, saying: "I am Sunni in practice, Shiite in allegiance. My roots are Salafi, and my purity is Sufi."

This, he said, is the type of international Muslim he is trying to mold: "There is no contradiction in being both Sunni and Shiite. That's how one's Islam becomes complete."

Hassoun's speech to the German Parliament, in which he tackled Islamic conquests, also drew criticism.after the German press quoted him as saying there is no such thing as 'holy war' in holy books.

"The Crusades as well the Islamic conquests were to serve political interests and had nothing to do with religion, press reports had said.

But Hassoun later told AlArabiya.net that he meant many, but not all, Islamic wars were waged for political or other non-religious purposes, the conquest of Andalusia, being the most obvious example.

About the issue of praying in mosques and churches, Sheikh Hassoun had another controversial point of view: "Praying in a church or a synagogue is like praying in a mosque. They're all houses of God."

Hassoun confirmed reports that he met Former Supreme Guide of the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood, Essam al-Attar, in Aachen. Hassoun expressed his deep respect for Attar whose sermons he used to listen to in the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus when he was a child.

"I appreciate how he defended our region, especially his position on the Palestinian cause," Hassoun said.

While in Germany, Hassoun called for immediate intervention to end the Palestinian and Iraqi occupations, pointing out that Germany can play an active role in establishing just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East.

(Translated from Arabic by Sonia Farid).

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2007/11/08/41413.html
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am

sure the news is nearly 2 months old, he's still a fruitcake nonetheless Neutral
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

Male Number of posts : 131
Religion : islam
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 pm

has any1 heard of shaikh yaqubi, the principle of jaa'miah umawi
Back to top Go down

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:41 pm

yasser balesaria wrote:
has any1 heard of shaikh yaqubi, the principle of jaa'miah umawi

hes mentioned on Ummah quite a bit
Back to top Go down

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:40 pm

This is nothing compared to an Iraqi ''imam'' who dresses up as Maryam bint 'Imraan etc. Have you heard of that Admin?

Link

I'm sure people have heard of this...no?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Quote :
This is nothing compared to an Iraqi ''imam'' who dresses up as Maryam bint 'Imraan etc. Have you heard of that Admin?

Yeah, i've even seen the picture Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syrian Grand Mufti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrian Grand Mufti   Syrian Grand Mufti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syrian Grand Mufti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Main :: Current Events-
Jump to: