Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Conditions For Takfir

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

The Conditions For Takfir Empty
PostSubject: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am

by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Source: Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 2/125-126

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen was asked, “The conditions for the judgement of takfir of a Muslim? And the judgement upon the one who did any action that is mukaffir (i.e. expels from the religion) but only in jest (not seriously)?”

The Shaykh replied by saying, “For the judgement of the takfir of a Muslim, there are two conditions: The first, that the evidence that this matter is something that expels from the religion is established. The second, the application of the ruling upon the one who does that, in that he has knowledge of it and that he intends it (aaliman bidhaalik qaasidan lahu).

Thus, if he is ignorant, he does not become a disbeliever, due to His saying, “And whoever contends with the Messenger after the guidance has been made clear to him, and he follows a path other than the path of the believers, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Jahannam, an evil refuge” (4:115) and His saying, “And Allaah is not one to misguide a people after He has guided them, until He explains to them that which they should avoid…” (9:115), and His saying, “And We never punish until we have sent a Messenger.” (17.15).

However, when this person is neglectful in abandoning learning and attaining clarity, he is not to be excused. Such as when it reaches him that this action of his is kufr, and then he does not verify it (that it is as such), and nor does he investigate, then in this situation, he is not to be excused.

And if he did not intend (ghayr qaasid) the action (i.e. wilfully, knowingly, deliberately), then he does not become a disbeliever. He does not become a disbeliever. Such as for example, when he is compelled to kufr while his heart is secure with Imaan, such as when his thinking becomes confused, so he does not know what he is saying, due to extreme joy and what is like that. Or such as the man with the camel who lost it, then he sat under the tree, waiting for death, and then he finds it tied to the tree, and so he takes it, then he said, “O Allaah, you are my servant and I am your lord”, so he erred due to extreme joy.

However, the one who did something that expels from the religion, only in jest (maazihan), then he becomes a disbeliever, because he intended that [action or statement] (qasada dhaalik), as has been textually stated by the people of knowledge.” (Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 2/125-126).
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Okay I have a serious question, on ummah I read those who do not consider a kafir a kafir is himself a kafir..

What do us laypeople do with regards to people who don't pray their salaah? I mean you can't just call them kafir right, leaving the salaah is what determines a believer from the non believer but... I'm kinda confused... dunno if this is the right thread to ask..

I heard in a lecture one time that you can't just declare someone a kafir if they leave their salaah? Because... oh.. I just remembered something. If they say that oh salaah is not an obligation on them, then that is wrong right? But if they leave it because they can't be bothered and acknowledge that salaah is obligatory but just don't pray then ... ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

The hanafi, shaafi'i and maaliki 'ulamaa says that leaving yoru salaah doesn't make you a kaafir, only the hanbalis do.

Quote :
What do us laypeople do with regards to people who don't pray their salaah? I mean you can't just call them kafir right,

That's right, you can't call them kaafir.

Quote :
If they say that oh salaah is not an obligation on them, then that is wrong right

Yes, in that case you can call them kaafir, i was going to write an article regarding takfeer os sinners but i never got around to doing it No

The gist of it is, we do not make takfeer of sinners as long as they don't say the sin is halaal, leaving off salaah is a sin, but it doesn't make a person a kaafir, however to deny it being fardh that is kufr.

Quote :
But if they leave it because they can't be bothered and acknowledge that salaah is obligatory but just don't pray then ... ?

Then they are sinners, but they are still muslim.
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Assalamualikum

Akhi Admin.. What about making takfir on the armies.. for example the Pakistani Army..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Quote :
leaving off salaah is a sin, but it doesn't make a person a kaafir

According to others it constitutes Kufr, what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Quote :
According to others it constitutes Kufr, what do you say?

According to the hanabli madhab only, and salafis follow that view, the other 3 madhabs hold the same view.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Quote :
Assalamualikum

Akhi Admin.. What about making takfir on the armies.. for example the Pakistani Army..

wswrwb

For that i'll refer you to Usamas latest audio tape which came out last month regarding the paki army thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:45 pm

^^Already read it .. JazakAllah khair Smile
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Does takfeer have to be uttered?

I heard one time you can say that someone is involved in kufr... as a slap in the face like hello what are you doing! But is that correct even?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Quote :
Does takfeer have to be uttered?

Not necessarily, but give an example of what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 pm

okay say someone's leaving their salaah can you say they're committing kufr... only some sins are kufr isn't it?

and can you call someone a munafiq? It seems if it's not takfeer, Muslims call each other munafiqs.. is that allowed?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Quote :
okay say someone's leaving their salaah can you say they're committing kufr... only some sins are kufr isn't it?

No you can't say so because you're not a hanbali nono

Quote :
and can you call someone a munafiq? It seems if it's not takfeer, Muslims call each other munafiqs.. is that allowed?

This is actually a deep topic, firstly i have to mention that there are two ways in which the term munaafiq is used,

1: In the shar'ee meaning - i.e. kaafir
2: In the linguistic meaning - i.e. hypocrite/two face/etc

The first meaning can only be used for those who are clear cut outright kuffaar, such as attaturk and so on.

The second meaning is not takfeer, and it is in the same category as calling someone a dog and the rest of such words.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Okay so, hanafis don't consider any sin to be close to kufr or an 'act of kufr' ? I don't understand what you meant by that. =o

Calling someone a munafiq meaning it in the first category, that's outright calling someone a kafir right? And if they aren't really, does it fall back on you or is that just with giving takfeer on someone.

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Quote :
Okay so, hanafis don't consider any sin to be close to kufr or an 'act of kufr' ? I don't understand what you meant by that. =o

The hanafis, shaafi'is, maalikis and one view of the hanbalis say that a person who misses salaah intentionally out of laziness etc is a sinner but not a kaafir.

One view of the hanbali madhab only says that such a person is a kaafir.

Quote :
Calling someone a munafiq meaning it in the first category, that's outright calling someone a kafir right? And if they aren't really, does it fall back on you or is that just with giving takfeer on someone.

yes, calling a perosn that kind of munaafiq is exactly the same as calling the person a kaafir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Conditions For Takfir   The Conditions For Takfir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1