Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Um Abdullah
Um Abdullah

Female Number of posts : 16
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Empty
PostSubject: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Bismillah was Salatu was salamu ‘ala Rasulillah,

Twelve Imami Shia claim that their twelve Imams are proven by the many hadiths in Sunni hadith books, they quote the following hadiths from ahl As Sunnah books to prove it:

———————————————————
The Prophet said: “The [Islamic] religion will continue until the Hour (day of resurrection), having twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh.”Sahih Muslim (Arabic version)
Kitab al-Imaara,
1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia,
v3, p1453, Tradition 10Sahih Muslim, (English version)
Chapter DCCLIV (titled: The People are subservient to the Quraysh and the Caliphate is the Right of the Quraysh),
v3, p1010, Tradition 4483Hadith 3398 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)The Prophet said: “The affairs of people will continue to be conducted (well) as long as they are governed by the twelve men, all of them from Quraysh.”

Sahih Muslim (Arabic version)
Kitab al-Imaara,
v3, p1453, Tradition 6

Sahih Muslim, (English version)
Chapter DCCLIV (titled: The People are subservient to the Quraysh and the Caliphate is the Right of the Quraysh),
v3, p1010, Tradition 4478

Hadith 3394 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

Narrated Jabir ibn Samura: The Prophet said: “This matter (life) will not end, until it is passed by twelve Caliphs.” He then whispered a sentence. I asked my father what the Prophet said. He said, the Prophet added: “All of them will be from Quraysh.”

Kitab al-Imaara,
v3, p1452, Tradition 5

v3, p1009, Tradition 4477

Hadith 3393 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh.”

Kitab al-Imaara,
v3, p1453, Tradition 7

v3, p1010, Tradition 4479

Hadith 3395 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh.”

Kitab al-Imaara,
v3, p1453, Tradition 8

v3, p1010, Tradition 4480

Hadith 3396 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant and protected until there have been twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh.”

Kitab al-Imaara,
v3, p1453, Tradition 9

v3, p1010, Tradition 4481

Hadith 3397 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

The Prophet said: “There will be after me twelve Amir (Prince/Ruler), all of them from Quraysh.”

Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Arabic)
Chapter of Fitan,
2:45 (India) and 4:501 Tradition 2225 (Egypt)

Hadith 2149 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

“This religion remains standing until there are twelve vicegerents over you, all of them agreeable to the nation, all of them from Quraysh.”

Sunan Abu Dawud (Arabic)
2:421, Kitab al-Mahdi.

Sunan Abu Dawud (Arabic)
3:106, Kitab al-Mahdi.

Hadith 3731 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

“The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs, ” So people said Takbir and made noise, then he said a light word I didn’t hear. I [Jabir bin Samura] said to my father: What did he say? He said “All of them are from Quraysh.”

Sunan Abu Dawud (Arabic)
2:421, Kitab al-Mahdi.

Sunan Abu Dawud (Arabic)
3:106, Kitab al-Mahdi.

Hadith 3732 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

Narrated Jabir ibn Samura: I heard the Prophet saying, “There will be twelve commanders (Amir).” He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, the Prophet added, “All of them will be from Quraysh.”

Sahih al-Bukhari (English)
Hadith: 9.329, Kitabul Ahkam.

Sahih al-Bukhari (Arabic)
4:165, Kitabul Ahkam.

Hadith 6682 (numbering of al-’Alamiyyah)

—————————————————————————————

The Answer to this false claim:

1. None of the hadiths mention whom those 12 Caliphates are.
2. The hadiths are speaking about “Caliphates” = Rulers.

The evidence that the “Caliphate” here means “Ruler” and not just a “successor”, si the wording of some of the narrations mentioned in the list above, and in other sunni books including sahih al Bukhari:

(The Prophet said: “There will be after me twelve Amir (Prince/Ruler), all of them from Quraysh.” Sunan at Tirmithi)

And none of the Imams that Shia claim were rulers, except for Ali radiyallahu anhu.

3. Lets see whom were the first righteous Khalifas (rulers) from the begining of the history of Islam:
- Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu
- Umar radiyallahu anhu
- Uthman radiyallahu anhu
- Ali radiyallahu anhu
- Umar bin Abdul Aziz rahimahu Allah.

Then we have at the end of time, al Imam al Mahdi (Muhammad bin Abdellah) who will be from the offspring of al Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Talib.
All of the above were from Quraish.

Five whom were rulers in past, and one will be a ruler in future, as in authentic hadith.

As for the other 6, scholars differed and we can’t be sure whom they are, and if all of them except for one (al Mahdi) have already passed or some will come in future, Allahu a’lam.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://as-salaf.com/index.php?lang=en
Um Abdullah
Um Abdullah

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:11 pm

ok, now the buttons for formating are working, alhamdulillah.
Back to top Go down
Abul Hassan
Abul Hassan

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 2:55 am

Shouldn't al-Hassan (ra) and Ameer Mu'awiyah (ra) be added to this list?
Back to top Go down
Um Abdullah
Um Abdullah

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:15 pm

sorry, yes they should be on the list, I corrected it in my blog, and thought I did here too, but I guess I was mistaken.
Back to top Go down
al_islam
Banned

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 am

Salam,

Nice post

One more point....The hadith doesnt mention anything except 12 rulers. It doesnt say whether they will be rightly guided or not.

Yazeed for example was a Sahab RA as well, however some of his reign may not be seen as one of the rightly guided.

Scholars have told us that we are neither to praise nor condemn him. Our opinion should be neutral. I have seen lists with Yazeed's name in them.

WS
Back to top Go down
al_islam
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 am

Also this hadith very nicely refutes shias when they bring up Saqifah and blame Abu Bakr RA for stealing caliphate.

Truth is that Ansar called a meeting, Abu Bakr RA heard of it and grabbed Umar RA and they went to it....They Did not Miss the Funeral of Muhammad SAW to steal the caliphate.

The Ansar wanted to nominate a Ansari Caliph however Abu Bakr RA knew the new Caliph could only be from Qurraysh.

If They RA did not turn up on time and prevent the Ansar from nominating a non-Qurayysh leader...............However, we know from 15:9 Allah protects this religion.

Not only do shia make pathetic theories and misuse hadith, but they dont even know the histroy behind it.

May Allah Guide us all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Assalaamu 3aleykum,

Quote :
Yazeed for example was a Sahab RA as well

Yazeed never was a Sahabi, he was born during the reign of Uthman (RA) ...
Back to top Go down
al_islam
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Abu Sulayman al 7atimi wrote:
Assalaamu 3aleykum,

Quote :
Yazeed for example was a Sahab RA as well

Yazeed never was a Sahabi, he was born during the reign of Uthman (RA) ...

WS,

Bro I heard some Wahabi/salafi ppl say RA after the mention of that name.

Taba Tabeein perhaps?

Jazakallah for mis take spotting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Quote :

Bro I heard some Wahabi/salafi ppl say RA after the mention of that name.

Have you got anything against ''wahabi/salafis?'' roll eyes
Anyway, maybe they mention RadiyAllahu 'Anhu because they must've been talking about Yazeed ibn Abee Sufyan who was a Sahabi and was a Commander of one the armies during the reign of Abu Bakr (ra) together with Khalid ibn al Waleed, 'Amr ibn al 'Aas,Sharhabeel bin Hassana & Abu 'Ubaidah, and not Yazeed ibn Mu'aawiya Big Grin
Pardon me if I confused you Big Grin

Last edited by Abu Sulayman on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Yazeed ibn Abee Sufyan (RA) was the uncle of Yazeed ibn Mu'aawiya (the Ummayid ruler) and if memory serves me right he died in the plague of 'Amwaas.

Last edited by Abu Sulayman on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
al_islam
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 pm

No, I have nothing against them.

I understand that salafis often quote speicif hadiths...that they find relative with no mention of the 6 sahih sunni narrations (sitan).

BTW, Yazeed didnt actually kill Hussain RA, the brutal commander of his army did. He thought commiting such awful acts would please Yaeed...however there are many different version to kerbala.

I believe I may have just cleared that up.

Jazakallah

ws
Back to top Go down
Um Abdullah
Um Abdullah

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 am

they could mean "rahimahu Allah" by using (RA)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish   Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hadith about the (Twelve Caliphates-Khalifahs) from Quraish
Page 1 of 1