Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Different Qira'at

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 am

Assalaamu 3aleykum,

I am aware that many of the members wont probably recognise the difference, but as a small guideline, If you read like Shuraim and Sudais and the other imams then your style is Hafs 3an Asim, which I would presume most of the brothers and sisters read. Big Grin The other Qira'ats are read throught the world some being more pro-dominant in East Africa and other such places. Here is a small article for those interested.

THE AHRUF
First there is the issue nof Ahruf (dialects/modes). The Qur'an was revealed in seven ahruf, as is proved in many mutawaatir ahadith. This was because different tribes pronounced and spelled words differently. The forms matched the dialects of following seven tribes:
1.Quraysh
2.Hudhayl
3.Thaqeef
4.Hawaazin
5.Kinanah
6.Tameem
7.Yemen

The revelation of the Qur'an in seven different ahruf made its recitation and memorization much easier for the various tribes. At the same time the Qur'an challenged them to produce a surah like it in their own dialect so that they would not complain about the incomprehensibility.

Regarding whether or not these ahruf have been preserved, there are three opinions, the strongest being that of Ibn Taymiyyah, Ash-Shatibee, Ar-Raazi, Ibn Katheer and Ibn Al-Jazaree and many others. They say that when Uthman rd was compiling the Qur'an, he had Zaib ibn Thabit record it without the vowelation and consonants to accomodate the different Ahruf. At some points where the ahruf differed greatly, they recorded it according to the Quraysh dialect. There are 4 benefits which show the Wisdom of Allah revealing the Qur'an in seven ahruf:

1. To facilitate the memorization of the Qur'an. The arabs did not all speak arabic in the same way. The ahruf eased the memorization and was significant in the preservation of the Qur'an.

2. To prove the miraculous nature of the Qur'an. For despite all the differences, the meaning of the Ahruf did not contradict one another, but rather were complimentary.

3. To prove the truthfulness of the Prophet Muhammad saws, for despite the fact that he was illiterate, the revelation of the Qur'an occured in different tribal dialects and different words, all of which consisted of the most fluent and eloquent speech of his time.

4. To honour the ummah of the Prophet Muhammad saws and show its superiority over all other nations.

THE QIRA'AT

Qira'at refers to the various manners of reciting the Qur'an. Each qiraa'a has its OWN rules of tajweed. In Murattal, it is not necessary to emphasize every vowel in clarity as it is in Mujawwad. Each qira'at is named after the Qari who was famous in reciting in that manner.
There are many different Qira'at, but Ibn Mujahid wrote a book on the seven most prominent. He did this on purpose to match the seven ahruf, but some people don't know that there are more than 7 qira'at. In fact, there are ten authentic Qira'at. For a qira'at to be authentic there are very detailed rules which we could discuss later if any wishes.
Here are the ten Qira'at with their famous Qaris:

1. Naafi' Al-Madanee. (Madinah)
Imam Malik recited in this manner. Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal often recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Qaloon and Warsh.

2. Ibn Katheer al-Makee. (Makkah)
Imam Shafi recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Al-Buzzee and Qumbul.

3.Abu Amr al-Basri (Basra)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Ad-Doori and As-Soosee.

4. Ibn Aamir ash-Shami (Syria)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Hishaam and Ibn Zhakwan.

5. Asim al-Kufi (Koofah)
Imaam Abu Hanifa recited in this manner. Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal often recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who prserved this recitation are Shuba and Hafs

6. Hamzah Al-Kufi (Koofah)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Khalaf (who also has his own Qira'at #10) and Khallaad.

7. Al-Kisaa'ee
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Al-Layth and ad-Doori (same one as before).

8. Abu Ja'far Al-Madanee (Madinah)
The two Qaris who preserved this recitation are Isa and Sulayman.

9. Yaqub ibn Al-Basri (Basra)
Imam Bukhari recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Ruways and Rooh.

10. Khalaf (same one who preserved Hamzah's recitation, but this is his own method of reciation)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this reciation are Ishaq and Idris.

FACT:

Today 95% of the world recites Hafs an Asim, 3% Warsh an Naafi, .7% Qaloon an-Naafi, .3% Ad-Doori an Abu Amr and 1% Ibn 'Aamir.

coolbro
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:59 pm

JazakAllahu khair

Meshary Rashid has a recitation of surah ikhlaas which he recites 10 times over and each time in a different qiraat, i htink it might be on youtube i'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Here it is...bruv how do i do that embed thingy...?
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Last edited by on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
umm.qasym
umm.qasym

Female Number of posts : 56
Religion : Islaam
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 pm

wswrwb

Fascinating piece of info [reminds me of hux-bux and co > "Qur'an is not one, it has 7 versions..et cetra" <]

Anyway, jazakAllah khair for sharing akh al hatimi thumbs up
Back to top Go down
umm.qasym
umm.qasym

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Admin wrote:
JazakAllahu khair

Meshary Rashid has a recitation of surah ikhlaas which he recites 10 times over and each time in a different qiraat, i htink it might be on youtube i'm not sure.
Br. Mishary sounds like the imam at our local masjid...I wonder if it's really him? Hmm...
Back to top Go down

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Mishary Al Afasy imam at your local masjid...? Big Grin naaah, can't be, unless you're local masjid is in Kuwait and is called masjid al Kabeer Big Grin
Back to top Go down
umm.qasym
umm.qasym

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Kuwait's not far from where I live - perhaps the brother's just hopped over for some days nerdbro [if not, then the one in my locality has an amazing vocal resemblence to MaA and mashaAllah to 'em both]

Btw, thanks for that bit of info.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

Male Number of posts : 131
Religion : islam
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:05 am

may allah give us the ability to bring these lost qiraat back to life... especially imam hamza and his 2 students khalaf and khallad. they are my favourite coz i love the saktas. warsh is also very beautiful. with is extra long madds and and naqlul hamza ila maa qablaha....
. every imaam has there own speciality..its amazing how the quran can be read differently but the meaning doesnt change.... imam warsh uses the quality of taqleel so for musa he would say mus'e and hamza uses imaalah cant write the transliteration in english...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Different Qira'at Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Qira'at   Different Qira'at Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Qira'at
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Learn About Islam :: Uloom Al-Qur'an-
Jump to: