Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Al Wala wal Bara

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:57 am

aswrwb

Everything about it goes here..

I only know that it means to love and hate for the sake of Allah. So we should love Allah, his rasool, the people of imaan etc, and hate kufr and hate sin.. etc.

I learnt today that if we do not have the hatred in our hearts regarding sins that are committed openly, then there is something wrong in our imaan and it could be a major sin. Okay so overview, I would like to know more about this topic, so perhaps I can inshaAllah heal myself and learn and try to avoid falling into being of those people with weak imaan.

JazakAllahu khair for those that respond with information and advise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 am

wswrwb

A visiting 'aalim had given a talk and said, the problem with people is that they don't hate sin, they regard it as haraam but they don't hate it, that is why they fall into it, if you have true hatred and disgust in your heart for sin then you will never commit it, like for instance i hate wine and drugs and all that sort of things, so it is unthinkable that i would get involved with those stuff, but if i were to simply think it haraam but have no hatred for it, then it is likely that i might end up partaking of it, that is why it is of the utmost importance to hate sin.

That's regarding all sin, be it open or private.

With regards to open sin there's a hadeeth which says that a person who sees evil and dislikes it then it's as if he was not at that place (witnessing that evil), and whoever is absent from there but agrees to it then it's as if he was present (witnessing that evil)

This isn't exactly to do with walaa and baraa so to speak, i'll see what books i have on the topic for you.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am

^^JazakAllahu Khairan
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 pm

JazakAllahu khair hmm.. I was reading someone this morning, I just google it right and these PDFs came up so I was like okay I'll read it.. I don't have link anymore though unless I try to find. I was trying to find lectures even but they were only like 2 minutes long! That's like nothing..

BTW I know I should be careful with just reading something online but this was okay, it didn't have anything bad in it.. I didn't read much though
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 pm

I recently posted one article regarding it on my blog.

But here it is along with some others for you to download:

http://www.freewebtown.com/darulilm/Walaa-wal-baraa.rar

^ Save target as.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I dunno how to do that on mac..

Does it mean we see like on youtube or on TV maybe some kuffar with no hijaab etc, we should hate it inside also?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 pm

What browser are you using? firefox?

Aye.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I can't do it! =( I want to read it

banghead

I think I'm gonna get a normal laptop, so long macbook
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm

You still couldn't get it? you haven't told me what browser you're using.

Here's the one i posted on my blog: http://darulilm.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/al-walaa-wal-baraa/
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:57 pm

It's Safari.. I've already tried control+click.. it takes me elsewhere, I'm right clicking and saving but it is saving the webpage not the link.

JazakAllahu khair I read that before, but I'll read it again cause I think I've forgotten

Do you know if you're lacking in that area, what do you do to strengthen it? Like so you do have the correct feelings of love and hate
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Quote :
It's Safari.. I've already tried control+click.. it takes me elsewhere, I'm right clicking and saving but it is saving the webpage not the link.

Hmmmm, how about with firefox then?

Quote :
Do you know if you're lacking in that area, what do you do to strengthen it? Like so you do have the correct feelings of love and hate

Well, it would be like the article says:

Hence the requirement upon the believers is to have muwalaat with the Muslims and to have muadaat against the kuffar, to love Allah (swt), the Messenger and the Muslims and have hatred for the kuffar, to love all that Allah (swt) commands us to love and show walaa towards them, to have no rejection or animosity towards any of the commands of Allah (swt) and to hate all that Allah (swt) hates together with those who hate Allah (swt) and the believers.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I'll use someone else's laptop to get it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm

And try using a different browser, because that might be the problem.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:14 am

I can't get it.. I tried firefox on my machine already and then used another laptop with IE and firefox. =/

With regards to the question I asked above, no, I meant like we live in the west it's easy to get de-sensitised because there's men and women acting up everywhere we go, you'll find it on net, on the streets.. it's hard to avoid it, I'm not saying it as an excuse, I know that it's vital for Muslims to have this, actually I was reading some quotes and it's always in my head, I don't know who said it but it was like even if I had so much salaah and siyaam then it would account for nothing if I had no al waraa wal baraa, it's just this.. getting "used" to it... does that make?

you know people who live in Muslims countries or have recently returned from hajj or umrah, they're be like "I hate it here" and of course it grosses you out too, but they may feel it more, but as time goes on, it's just that "used to it" feeling... de sensatised.. get me?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Aye i get you.

Okay i'll upload it elsewhere for you then.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Well I feel so diseased and I want it to go away.

Okay JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:29 pm

I hope this link still works, i uploaded it a while ago but i keep forgetting to post it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gz4zbz
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm so sorry, I needed to extract it. >_>

So really there was no point of you uploading elsewhere, I have done it now and it's a huge folder with so much in it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:06 pm

But it's only 6. something mb scratch
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:06 pm

But it has like so many PDFs in it..?

I don't mean the size I didn't check size..
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Shaykh ‘Abdullāh ‘Azzām ﻪﻤﺣر
ﷲا once said in a speech, “And we are terrorists, and terrorism is a
Farīdhah (obligation) according to the Kitāb and Sunnah- and let the East and the West bear witness
that we are terrorists “And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of
war- to terrorize the enemy of Allāh and your enemy”- so terrorism (Irhāb) is an obligation
(Farīdhah) in the Dīn of Allāh.” And whosoever refuses to believe in a Fardh, is a kāfir according to
Ijmā’. Imām ‘Abdul-Qādir Ibn ‘Abdul-‘Azīz ﻩﺮﺳأ ﷲا ﻚﻓ said in his last Bayān before being imprisoned,
entitled “Hāthā Bayānun Lin-Nās: Al-Irhābu Min Al-Islām Wa Man Ankara Thālika Faqad Kafar” pg. 3:
“Firstly: Terrorism is from Islām, and whoever rejects that then he has disbelieved. And that is due to
His (Most High)’s Saying: “And make ready against them all you can of power, including
steeds of war to terrorize the enemy of Allah and your enemy” [Al-Anfāl] So terrorizing the kāfir
enemy is a Shar’ī obligation by the clear text of this Āyah, and whosoever rejects that then he has
disbelieved, due to His (Most High)’s Statement: “and none but the disbelievers reject Our Āyāt”

I didn't know that! =o How important is it to not speak if you don't have knowledge..

I'm reading this:

And Imām Abā Batīn ﻪﻤﺣر

ﷲا said regarding those who call upon the graves and sacrifice for
the dead saints, “Whosoever does this is a kāfir. And those who do these acts of ‘Ibādah at
the graves, they are kuffār without a doubt. And the claim of the ignorant people “You are
doing Takfīr of Muslims”- whoever says this has not understood Islām nor Tawhīd; Rather, what
is apparent regarding this ignorant person is that his Islām is invalid. 129 For whosoever does
not prohibit (Inkār) the actions which the mushrikūn are doing today, and doesn’t see it as
evil- then he is not a Muslim.”

So those that call unto others with/besides Allah but still call themselves Muslim, we do takfeer on them? Because it's shirk. But I always get scared what if I'm doing takfeer to the wrong people, then it's like you have to otherwise what's gonna happen to your imaan.. maybe it's waswasa... gets me! InshaAllah after I increase my knowledge more things will become easy for me
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 am

Quote :
But it has like so many PDFs in it..?

I don't mean the size I didn't check size..

It can't be more than 5 scratch

Quote :
I didn't know that! =o How important is it to not speak if you don't have knowledge..

I cannot stress its importance enough.

Quote :
So those that call unto others with/besides Allah but still call themselves Muslim, we do takfeer on them? Because it's shirk. But I always get scared what if I'm doing takfeer to the wrong people, then it's like you have to otherwise what's gonna happen to your imaan.. maybe it's waswasa... gets me! InshaAllah after I increase my knowledge more things will become easy for me

If it's clear cut shirk then you make takfeer, but if it's not so clear then you do not make takfeer, and things are not always as clear cut as they may seem.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:45 am

I read something recently too

Quote :

Ibn al-Qayyim said in ‘Madarij as-Salikin’ (1/222-223):

“…the firmer he is when calling to Allah and fulfilling His commands, the more the enemy becomes intent upon tempting him through foolish people. So, he has essentially put on his body armor when facing this obstacle, and has taken it upon himself to confront the enemy for Allah’s sake and in His Name, and his worship in doing so is the worship of the best of those who know Allah, and it is known as the act of muraghamah, and none are aware of this except those with complete and perfect insight.

And there is nothing more beloved to Allah than one of His awliya’ engaging in the muraghamah and angering of His enemy, and He has alluded to this type of worship in various places in the Qur’an.

For example: {“He who migrates for the sake of Allah will find many dwelling places (muraghama) on Earth and plenty to live by…”} [an-Nisa'; 100] So, He referred to the one who migrated to worship Allah as a muraghim who angers Allah’s and his enemies, and Allah Loves from His awliya’ that they engage in this muraghamah and angering of His enemy, as Allah Said: {“That is because they suffer neither thirst nor fatigue nor hunger for the sake of Allah, nor do they take any step to anger the disbelievers nor inflict any injury upon an enemy, except that it is written to their credit as a deed of righteousness. Surely, Allah does not waste the reward of the righteous. “} [at-Tawbah; 120]

And He described the example of the Messenger and his followers: {“But, their description in the Gospel is like a sown seed that sends forth its shoot, makes it strong, and it then becomes thick and stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, so that He may anger the disbelievers with them.”} [al-Fath; 29]

So, angering the kuffar is a beloved and required goal with the Lord, and implementing this is from the completeness in servitude to Allah. And the Prophet legislated for the one who becomes confused and loses track in his prayer to perform two prostrations of forgetfulness, and he said: “If his prayer was correct in the first place, they will anger Satan,” and he called them ‘al-murghimatayn.’

So, whoever worships Allah by angering His enemy has taken a sufficient share of truthfulness, and the more this person loves his Lord, allies with Him, and opposes His enemies, the more he will manifest this muraghamah, and it is because of this muraghamah that it is praiseworthy to swagger and show off when standing in the ranks before battle and when secretly giving charity when none sees him except Allah, due to how this angers the enemy and is a sacrifice from himself and his wealth for the sake of Allah.

And this is a type of worship that is known only to a few people, and whoever tastes it and its sweetness will weep over the days that have passed him by…”
And ‘Abdullah ‘Azzam said in ‘Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah’ (p. 22):

“When will they accept you? Either you abandon your faith or they abandon their sin, and this won’t happen. If they abandon their sin, this means they become Muslims, and the conflict cools down. And if you abandon your Islam, you have committed shirk. So, the conflict continues: {“…Do you criticize us for no other reason than that we believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us and to those before us, and that most of you are rebellious sinners?”} [al-Ma'idah; 59] So, their sin and our faith is the reason.

So, if you see America or Russia or Britain or the criminals and tyrants in the Islamic world - if you see them pleased with someone, you should doubt this person’s Islam and his faith. Understood? This is because Allah has set down a rule that does not change, and this rule says: {“And the Jews and Christians will never be pleased with you until you follow their way…”} [al-Baqarah; 120]
- posted by ahaneefah
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:39 pm

This is relevant...

Quote :
His - (Most High is He) - Statement:

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (Qur’ān) that when you hear
the Verses of Allāh being denied and mocked, then do not sit with them, until they
engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case
you would be (just) like them.”

So He (Blessed and Most High is He) mentioned that He has sent down a Command upon the Mu’minīn, in the Book, that when they hear the Verses of Allāh being denied and ridiculed, that they should not sit with them until they discuss something else; and that whosoever sits with those disbelieving in the Verses of Allāh and mocking them, at the time of their kufr and mockery, then that person is just like them. And He did not differentiate between the Khā’if or other than him- except the Mukrah.

This was when they were all in one single country, during the dawn of Islām. So what about the one who is in the spaciousness, dignity, and various countries of Islām - and then he invites the kāfirīn and mockers of the Āyāt of Allāh, to come to his countries, and accepts them as allies, companions, and associates; and he hears their kufr and their mockery and consents to it - and expels the People of Tawhīd, and keeps them far away?!

What's Kha'if... ? I dunno if it said in the bottom thing, but I leave it and go back to it so I think I've forgotten.. someone forced

and what's ikrah also.. I dunno I forgotten that or didn't understand it. Is it something to do with battles

Is it allowed for a Muslim to give protection to a kaafir in battle? Or any other time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Al Wala wal Bara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Al Wala wal Bara
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next