Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

For those better then me...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scented Blood

Male Number of posts : 43
Religion : The Only One Worth Having.
Registration date : 2009-06-12

For those better then me... Empty
PostSubject: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 am

I have had the privilege of knowing/knowing of many brothers and sisters who work tirelessly to help the Prisoners and their families.
Their dedication is second to none.
Their concern is as if their own blood family was in trouble.
I have seen you and you are worth far far more then me.
This is just a simple something i wrote for you but in truth i have not done you justice...

If you say, ‘Who cares?’
We say we do.

If you say, ‘Why do you want to help them?’
We say because they suffer.

If you say, ‘But they are nothing to you.’
We say they are everything to us.

If you say, ‘How do you know they are innocent?’
We say because you never gave them a chance.

If you say, ‘Won’t you only bring trouble to your door?’
We say it’s only through this we will be helped.

If you say, ‘Who will be concerned by this?’
We say anyone with a conscience.

If you say, ‘But there is no smoke without fire’
We say you are right; the media would never lie.

If you say, ‘What are you prepared to do?’
We say whatever we can.

If you say, ‘What difference can you make?’
We say better to stand and be counted than hide in the shadows…

My small bit for those better then me… 5centedblood's Blog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:06 am

Masha'Allah it's very nice, Jazaka'Allahu Khair. Speaking of prisoners I received a letter from John Walker Lindh (his Muslim name is Yahya), I might post it on voice for justice forum but not sure (I might have to ask him for permission). He wrote me a poem in Fusha, my Arab friends couldn't translated it. I asked someone to work on it but it's taking them long.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:38 pm

John walker lindh wrote you a letter? eek
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

Admin wrote:

Yeah, and he wrote me a poem in fusha, I can't find anyone who can translate it. All the Arabs I've asked couldn't do it. But one person told me that is was a poem written by a Byzantinian (if that's a word)...something about a Dove... scratch I don't know. Alhamdulilah someone translated the fusha for me however they translated it into Arabic.

Should I post it here? Would you guys like to give it a go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

Admin wrote:

Here is the letter:

For those better then me... Photo30

First stanza:

For those better then me... Photo28

Second stanza:

For those better then me... Photo29

Sorry I don't have a scanner so I took a picture. Hope it's readable, insha'Allah you could find someone (or translate it yourself).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Quote :
Yeah, and he wrote me a poem in fusha, I can't find anyone who can translate it. All the Arabs I've asked couldn't do it. But one person told me that is was a poem written by a Byzantinian (if that's a word)...something about a Dove... I don't know. Alhamdulilah someone translated the fusha for me however they translated it into Arabic.

JazakAllahu khair for the letter, he's got good handwriting, how is he doing these days?

It was written by al hamdaani when he was captured after being injured.

Do you still have their translation of it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:57 am

Admin wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, and he wrote me a poem in fusha, I can't find anyone who can translate it. All the Arabs I've asked couldn't do it. But one person told me that is was a poem written by a Byzantinian (if that's a word)...something about a Dove... I don't know. Alhamdulilah someone translated the fusha for me however they translated it into Arabic.

JazakAllahu khair for the letter, he's got good handwriting, how is he doing these days?

It was written by al hamdaani when he was captured after being injured.

Do you still have their translation of it?

Alhamdulilah a super hero came to save the day (as always), I have my translation now. As far as Brother Yahya he isn't complaining, very patient masha'Allah. Insha'Allah I'll be sending another letter, I'll be writing to sister Aafia soon, hopefully she will get my letter and she too will respond? We should all write to our Muslims prisoners and show them support. Imagine if we were confined to a small cell away from the outside world, a simple letter boasts their spirits and their moral...it reminds them that there is a believer out there thinking of them and making dua'a for them. You too can write to brother Yahya or other prisoners, insha'Allah if you'd like I could mail it for you? This goes for any member on the forum insha'Allah.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 pm

JazakAllahu khair for the offer, i will have to see how letters work around here In-Shaa Allaah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those better then me...   For those better then me... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those better then me...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Main :: Poetry-
Jump to: