Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

They were a people answered by their Lord…

Go down 
AuthorMessage

They were a people answered by their Lord… Empty
PostSubject: They were a people answered by their Lord…   They were a people answered by their Lord… Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm

There are people on this earth whose sincerity has raised them in rank to such an extent that they’ve become what’s called مستجابون الدعوة (mustajab al-da’wah) – i.e. a people whose supplications are readily answered by Allah `azza wa jall, and their oaths are readily fulfilled by Him.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab was mustajab al-da’wah

Hafsa (radhiallahu `anha): I heard ‘Umar (radhiallahu `anhu) say, ‘O Allah, I ask You for martyrdom in your Way and death in the city of Your Prophet.’ I said, ‘How can that be?!’ He said, ‘Allah shall make it so, if He wishes.’ [1]

Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib (rahimahullah): When ‘Umar (radhiallahu `anhu) left Mina (during Hajj), he formed a heap in the plains and threw the edge of his garment on it, then he laid down on it. He raised his hands to the sky and said,‘O Allah, I have grown old, my strength has weakened, the people for whom I’m responsible for have increased and become widespread so take hold of me and take me back to You without me having fallen short or been excessive.’ The month of Dhul-Hijjah had not yet ended before he was stabbed and killed. [2]

It is narrated from Aslam that he heard ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (radhiallahu `anhu) say, ‘O Allah, do not cause my death to be at the hand of a slave that has prostrated to You a single prostration that he may dispute with me by it on the Day of Judgement.’ [3] – And Allah answered his supplication.

Al-Barraa ibn al-Malik was mustajab al-da’wah

Anas ibn Malik: The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘How many of a weak and frail one is there, who possesses only two garments but were he to take an oath by Allah `azza wa jall, He will surely fulfill it. From amongst them is al-Baraa ibn al-Malik.’ [4]

Yazid ibn al-Aswad al-Jurshi was mustajab al-da’wah

‘Ali ibn Abi Jumla: The people were afflicted with a drought in Damascus when al-Dhahhak ibn Qays al-Fahri was ruling over them. He took the people out for Istisqaa’ (a specific prayer performed by the community in order to seek rain) and said, ‘Where is Yazid ibn al-Aswad al-Jurshi?’ No-one answered him. Then he said, ‘Where is Yazid ibn al-Aswad al-Jurshi?’ No-one answered him. He repeated, ‘Where is Yazid ibn al-Aswad al-Jurshi?’ But no-one answered him. Then he said, ‘Where is Yazid ibn al-Aswad al-Jurshi? I swear to him if he hears my speech to stand up!’ So he stood up. He wore a cloak and faced the people, then he drew the sides of his cloak over his shoulders and raised his hands. He said, ‘O Allah, O Lord. Indeed, Your slaves have drawn close to You so grant them rain.’

He (the narrator) said: So the people departed wading through water (that’s how quick he was answered!). Yazid said, ‘O Allah, he (the ruler, al-Dhahhak) has made me famous so relieve me of him.’ ‘Ali ibn Abi Jumla said, ‘A week had not yet passed when al-Dhahhak was killed.’ [5]

‘Amir ibn Qays was mustajab al-da’wah

Abu ‘Alaa ibn al-’Abdill’ah: ‘Amir used to take gifts and possessions of his and wrap them at the ends of his cloak. He would not come across anyone from the masakin (poor and needy) who begged him except that he would give him. When he returned to his family, he would cast his cloak to them and they would count (of the belongings) and find it as it was previously. [6]

Habib al-’Ajami (or al-Farisi) was mustajab al-da’wah

He (Habib) said, ‘If Allah was to call me on the Day of Judgement and said, ‘O Habib’ and I said, ‘Here I am at Your service.’ Were He to say to me, ‘Bring me a prayer from a day or a fast or a single raka’ah (unit of prayer) or a single sajdah (prostration) or a single tasbih (words of glorification) which you have protected from the Shaytan lest he attacks it and consequently corrupts it’, I would not be able to (bring it).’

Habib used to spend his time alone in his home saying, ‘Whosever’s eye does not find delight in You O Lord, then it will never find delight and whoever does not find ease and tranquility with You then he’ll never find ease and tranquility.’

He would also say, ‘There is no delight for the one who does not find delight in You and there is no happiness for the one who is not happy with You. By Your Glory and Majesty, indeed You know that I love You.’

Al-Sirri ibn Yahya: Abu Muhammad (Habib) bought some food (on a loan) at a time when famine had afflicted the people, and he divided it amongst the poor and needy. Afterwards, he stitched up a pouch and put it under his bed, and then he supplicated to Allah. The owners (of the food) came to him requesting their pay. He pulled out the pouch and found it filled with dirhams. He weighed it and it was equal to their due-right!

Hammad: I saw Habib al-Farisi one day when a woman had come to him. She said, ‘O Abu Muhammad!’ - as if she wanted something (charity) from him. So he said to her, ‘How many children do you have?’ She said, ‘Such-and-such.’ So Abu Muhammad stood up, went to his place of Wudhu and made ablution. Then he went to his place of prayer and prayed with humbleness and tranquility. When he finished he said, ‘O my Lord, the people have good opinions and expectations of me and that is due to Your Sitr (covering) over me, so do not contradict their opinions and expectations of me.’ Then he lifted his mat and behold there was fifty dirhams. So he gave them all to her. Then he said, ‘O Hammad, conceal what you have just seen for as long as I live.’

Ibn Hibban said regarding Habib: ‘He was virtuous, a worshipper, righteous and pious, and he was mustajab al-da’wah (always answered by Allah).’ [7]

Bishr ibn al-Harith al-Hafi was mustajab al-da’wah

Ahmad ibn `Abd al-Fattah: I heard Bishr say: ‘Asim ibn ‘Ali sent Abu Zakariyya al-Saffar to me and he said, ‘O Abu Nasr (Bishr)! Abul-Hasan sends you his salaam and he says, ‘My longing to see you has grown intense such that I almost come to you without permission, but I know you dislike people coming to you! So if you can, grant me permission to come to you and give you my greetings, so that perhaps Allah may benefit me with your meeting.’ He said, ‘I’ve understood the Shaykh’s message. Convey my salaam to him and say to him, ‘Do not come to me for that will cause both you and me some fame.’

Bishr would be found saying, ‘My Lord has made me well-known and prominent in this world but I hope that He will not disgrace me in the Hereafter. How awful are the likes of me that people should have good opinion of me when in reality, I am contrary to that. I should be better than what people think of me! Indeed, I dislike death but no-one dislikes death except the one in doubt.’

Mansur al-Sayyad (the fisher): Bishr ibn al-Harith walked past me on a Friday after he had finished the prayer. He said to me, ‘How come I’m seeing you at a time like this?!’ I said, ‘There is no flour in our home or any bread nor is there anything we can sell.’ He said, ‘Allahul-Musta’an! Take your fishing net and come down to the water-trench.’ So I took it and went with him. When we reached the water-trench, he said to me ‘Make ablution and pray 2 units.’ So I did. Then he said, ‘Say Bismillah and throw your net.’ So I said it and threw the net. Something heavy became caught up in it so I began to draw it in but it was too difficult for me. I said to him, ‘Help me for I fear the net will snap!’ He came and pulled it in with me and behold there emerged a huge fish which I had never seen the like of neither in size, weight nor agility. He said, ‘Take it, sell it and with the money, buy that which will aid your children.’ I carried it and a man met me who purchased it, so I bought my family what they needed. When I ate and they had eaten, I remembered the Shaykh (Bishr) so I said to myself, ‘I’m going to give him some gift.’ So I took two loaves of bread and put halwa (sweet/syrup) on it. I came to him and knocked on the door. He said, ‘Who is it?’ I said, ‘Abu Nasr Mansur.’ He said, ‘Open the door, put what you have in the hallway and enter.’ I entered and told him about what I had done. He said, ‘Praise be to Allah for that!’ I said, ‘I gave the house some things and they ate & I ate. I’ve brought with me two loaves of bread with halwa.’ He said,‘O Mansur! Had we intended to feed ourselves with it, the fish would never have come out! Go and eat it, you and your children.’ [8]

This is Bishr who used to say, ‘It suffices you to see a people who may be dead but hearts live by their remembrance, and you may see a people who are alive but when they’re looked at, eyes are blind to them.’

Kurz ibn Wabra was mustajab al-da’wah

Abu Hafs al-Sa’ih: ‘Kurz ibn Wubrah was the most devout of people in worship… when he began to pray, he would never shift his gaze to the right or left. He was from those who loved Allah and lowered themselves to Him. How many times was he spoken to only for him to respond after some time due to his heart being entirely connected to Allah and yearning for Him.’

Fudhayl ibn Ghazwan: ‘Kurz used to pray until his feet swelled and began to form a hole (in the ground).’

Abul-Maktab: ‘I accompanied Kurz to Makkah and on the day of departure, he vanished. So they went out in search for him. I found him in a ravine, praying at the time of extreme heat – a cloud had formed over him, shading him. So he said to me, ‘Swear to me that you’ll conceal this.” [9]

The black slave who stood next to Ibn al-Mubarak was mustajab al-da’wah

‘Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak: ‘I was in Makkah when the people were afflicted with a drought. So they all came out to Masjid al-Haram for Istisqaa’ but they were not granted rain, and to my side was a black slave. He said, ‘O Allah, O Allah. They have surely called You but You did not respond. I swear to You and take an oath by You that You will indeed provide water for us.’

Ibn al-Mubarak said, ‘By Allah, it was only a short moment before we were granted rain.‘

He continued saying, ‘The black slave departed and I followed him until he entered a house in Hanatin. I put a mark on it and in the morning, I took some money and went to the house. A man came to the door and I said to him, ‘I want to see the owner of this house.’ He said, ‘It’s me.’ I said, ‘There is a slave of yours whom I wish to purchase.’ He said, ‘I have fourteen servants, I’ll bring them out to you.’ Ibn al-Mubarak said, ‘but he was not amongst them.’ So I said to him (the man), ‘Anyone left?’ He said, ‘A sick boy.’ He brought him out and it was him. I said, ‘Sell him to me.’ He said, ‘He is yours, O Abu Abdur-Rahman.’ So I gave him fourteen dinars and I took the servant. When we had gone along the way, he said ‘O master, what could you want with me when I am ill?’ I said to him, ‘It’s because of what I saw yesterday evening (during the istisqaa’).’ The boy leaned against the wall and said, ‘O Allah! Do not cause me to become famous but take me back to You!’

Ibn al-Mubarak: ‘He fell down dead and the people of Makkah began to surround him…’ [10]

Abu Nasr al-Muhibb al-Madani was mustajab al-da’wah

Muhammad ibn Isma’il: ‘Al-Madinah was affected by famine and hunger and the state of its people turned into one of extreme difficultly. Exposed were a people previously safeguarded so they all came out calling for help. One day I passed by the food market but there was nothing in it of even wheat or barley. There, I saw Abu Nasr sitting with his head lowered so I said to him, ‘O Abu Nasr! Don’t you see what state the people of the Haram (sacred mosque) of the Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) are in?’ He said, ‘Of course.’ I said, ‘Won’t you call upon Allah Ta’ala, so that perhaps He will relieve them of what has befallen them?!’

He said, ‘Yes.’ He turned his face towards the Qiblah and said, ‘Sit on my right.’ So I sat on his right, and he fell down prostrate and buried his face in the dust. Then he raised his head and said, ‘O Reliever of all distresses, O Remover of all harm, O You who answers the call of the destitute and needy, O Most Merciful of this world and the Hereafter and the Most Gracious! Send peace and blessings on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad and relieve the people of the Haram of Your Prophet from what has befallen them.’ Then he went and I left.

He said, ‘By Allah, I had not yet left the market when I saw myself plunged into darkness. I lifted my head and behold there was a swarm of locusts. I could see their blackness in the air and they did not cease falling down (one by one) to my side while I stood looking on, until al-Madinah was filled (with them) and the people became satisfied with what they had in their homes of locusts – cooking them and salting them in pots of oil.’

So I came to Abu Nasr when he was in the Mosque of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) and said, ‘O Abu Nasr! Don’t you see the blessings of your supplication?’ He said, ‘There is no god but Allah! Rather this is from the Mercy of Allah which has encompassed all things.’ [11]

Translated from Ta’tir al-Anfas min Hadith al-Ikhlas (chapter:مع المخلصين ) by Dr. Sayyid al-’Affani, with slight editing.

References:

[1] Manaqib Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab by Ibn al-Jawzi (pg. 170)
[2] Manaqib Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (pg. 210)
[3] Manaqib Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (pg. 172)
[4] Reported by al-Hakim in ‘al-Mustadrak’ (3/292): Sahih al-Isnad, reported also by Abu Nu’aym in al-Hilyah (1/7) and al-Tirmidhi (3854) and al-Bayhaqi.
[5] Sifat al-Safwah (3/993)
[6] Reported by Imam Ahmad in ‘al-Zuhd’ (pg. 274) and Ibn al-Mubarak in al-Zuhd (pg. 295) and Ibn Sa’d in his al-Tabaqat (7/103), and Ibn al-Jawzi in Sifat al-Safwah (3/210)
[7] Sifat al-Safwah (3/824 – 827)
[8] Karamat Awliya’ Allah by al-Lalika’i (pg. 222-223)
[9] Al-Hilyah by Abu Nu’aym (3/29)
[10] Karamat Awliya’ Allah (pg. 180), Sifat al-Safwah (2/268)
[11] Karamat Awliya’ Allah (pg. 175-176]

http://fajr.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/mustajab-dawah/
Back to top Go down

They were a people answered by their Lord… Empty
PostSubject: Re: They were a people answered by their Lord…   They were a people answered by their Lord… Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I thought it was mustajab al-duaa all this time smack head

jazakAllahu khayr for sharing
Back to top Go down

They were a people answered by their Lord…
Page 1 of 1