Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 7:45 am

Salam,

When was the Quran written?
Back to top Go down
Imran
Imran

Male Number of posts : 36
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:53 pm

Assalam alaikum,

this will require a lengthy answer.

but to summarise for you, it was written while it was being revealed.

thn after the death of the Prophet (peace be upon him), some people started fighting with Abu Bakr (when he was caliph), this caused many Hafidh to die, hence it was made priority to compilde the quran into a book.

this finished at abu bakr's time, and when he died, it went to umar, and when it died, it went to Hafsa

at uthman's time, new muslims were geeting confused with the different dialects (quran has seven different ones), so uthman and the sahaba decided to make the qureshi dialect the main dialect and all other qurans were distroyed, and hafsahs copy was made the main one and seven copies were made from it and sent to main muslim capitals. this is the version we use today and one manuscript is found in Tashkent, uzbekhistan. the rest are lost or destroyed , but were seen by earlier scholars, like ibn katheer.

hope that helps.

like i said, its lenghthy and its worthy reading as it helps increase your imaan (when you are sure of the authenticity of the quran) and helps answer difficult missionary questions (when they accuse uthman)

Bilal philips has a book called Usool at Tafseer, which i would recommend. or you can join his free online course and read it there. www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/moodle. in the tafseer course, module 3, at the end of it

------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Actually bro, this was a trick question :p

The Quran was initially written 50,000 years before creation when Allah commanded the Pen to write.

Our tajweed teacher told us this! Subhanallah!
Back to top Go down
Imran
Imran

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Yes, everything was written thn. in the preserved tablet. i thought you ment when was it written in the Prophet's (peace be upon him) Era

Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "Allah ordained the measures (of quality) of the creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth, as His Throne was upon water." [Saheeh Muslim, Book 033, Number 6416]

Narrated ‘Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit said, “O my little son, you will never find the taste of Eemaan’s reality until you know that whatever caught you would not have missed you and what missed you would never have caught you. I heard Allaah’s Messenger say: “Indeed the first thing which Allaah created was the pen and He told it to write. It asked: ‘O my Lord, what should I write?’ He said: Write the destiny of everything until the Final Hour comes.” O my little son! I heard Allaah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) say, “Whoever dies believing in other than this is not a true follower of mine.” [Sunan Aboo Daawood, vol. 3, p. 1317, Number 4683 and authenticated by Sheikh al-Albaanee in Sharh al - ‘Aqeedah at-Tahaawiyyah, p. 264 and in as-Silsilah, vol. 1, no. 207]
Back to top Go down

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Yes bro u were right about when it was written in this world Smile
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Black_Flag wrote:
Actually bro, this was a trick question :p

aswrwb,

Akhi Imran doesn't seem to be too happy being tricked lol! :'). outta

Yeah, the Quran and all majestic revelations of Allah are a part of His Attributes, as they are His (SwT) Speech. And they are uncreated, just like all the Attributes of Allah. And His Speech is not like our speech:

The Qur'an

"33. The Qur'an is the word of Allah. It came from Him as speech without it being possible to say how. He sent it down on His Messenger as revelation. The believers accept it, as absolute truth. They are certain that it is, in truth, the word of Allah.

It is not created, as is the speech of human beings, and anyone who hears it and claims that it is human speech has become an unbeliever. Allah warns him and censures him and threatens him with Fire when He says, Exalted is He: `I will burn him in the Fire.' [al-Muddaththir 74:26] When Allah threatens with the Fire those who say `This is just human speech.' [al-Muddaththir 74:25] We know for certain that it is the Speech of the Creator of mankind and that it is totally unlike the speech of mankind. "

http://www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/tahawi.html#quran

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/tahawi.htm

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
Sponsored content

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1