Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah Empty
PostSubject: Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah   Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:10 pm

aswrwb

Bismillah

I think it's about time that i start with this fiqh section, cos it's been neglected since its creation.

I'm not going to be translating the kitaab (al-Hidaayah, which is written by imaam Al-Marghinani rahimahullah) word for word, i'll translate what needs to be translated and explain it Insha Allah, we'll start slowly doing a little at a time, and if you find me stopping for a long while then just remind me of this thread again, because i run out of gas very quickly.

Oh and btw there's going to be a seperate thread if you have questions etc regarding this thread, this thread is going to be only for the lessons, once i make that thread i'll link it to here Insha Allah [Edit: here's the link, https://darulilm.forumotion.com/hanafi-fiqh-f35/discussion-hanafi-fiqh-t793.htm ]

Allahummaj'3al nawaayaanaa khaalisatan li wajhikal kareem.

Rabbee yassir wa laa tu3assir wa tammim bil khayr.

Alhamdulillah was salaatu was salaamu 3alan nabiyyil mustafaa, sallallahu 3alayhi wa 3ala aalihi wa sa7bihi ulil wafaa.

Insha Allah we'll start with Kitaabut tahaarah (which is the opening chapter of the kitaab) in my next post.

Oh and if anyone sees any mistakes in what i write then do point it out Insha Allah so i can correct it.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Link to discussion thread added)
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah   Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Kitaabut Tahaarah

The chapter on cleanliness.

قال الله تعالى : { يا أيها الذين آمنوا إذا قمتم إلى الصلاة فاغسلوا وجوهكم } المائدة - 6

Allah Ta'aala says: {yaa ayyuhallazeena aamanoo izaa qumtum ilas salaati faghsiloo wujoohakum...} (oh people of eemaan, when you stand up for prayer then wash your faces...) Surah Maa'idah Ayah 6

ففرض الطهارة غسل الأعضاء الثلاثة ومسح الرأس بهذا النص

So the faraai'dh (compulsory acts) of tahaarah (wudhu) is: washing (washing is to let the water flow over the limb) the three limbs (the face, arms and feet) and making masah (masah is to wipe) of the head, based upon this ayah (ayah 6 from surah maa'idah)

And washing the face is done by washing from the beginning point of the hair (where peoples hair start from normally, if you have a receeding hairline then it doesn't mean your masah starts from back there) until the bottom of the chin, and from one earlobe to the other.

And your elbows and ankles are included in wudhu and must be washed according to us (the ahnaaf), contrary to imam zufar rahimahullah. (one of the students of imam abu hanifah rahimahullah)

And the compulsory amount of masah (the minimum amount in other words) is the length of the forelock, which is quarter of the head, (it doesn't mean if you have no hair then you can make masah less than that) and our proof for that is the hadeeth narrated by Hadhrat Mugheerah Bin Shu'bah Radhiallahu Anhu

[ أن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم أتى سباطة قوم فبال وتوضأ ومسح على ناصيته وخفيه ]

that Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam came to a dump and urinated, and made wudhu and made masah upon his forelock and his khuffain (leather socks) (the hadith comes in abu dawud, tirmidhi and nasaa'i with a difference of wording)

And it comes in a narration that some of our companions (hanafi ulama) stipulated the use of three fingers for masah, because that is the bigger portion of the tool used for masah (this portion is taken from an usul, "al-aktharu 7ukmul kull", a hand has 5 fingers, and 3 fingers is the bigger portion, so three fingers would count as a hand)

And that concludes the faraa'idh of wudhu, if you have any questions then please take them to the thread i linked in my first post.

The next lesson will be on the Sunan (sunnats) of wudhu Insha Allah.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Sunan of wudhu   Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 pm

The Sunan of wudhu is:

Washing the hands before immersing them into a bowl of water when waking up, because Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam said,

[ إذا استيقظ أحدكم من منامه فلا يغمسن يده في الإناء حتى يغسلها ثلاثا فإنه لا يدري أين باتت يده ]

“When one of you wakes up from his sleep then he should not immerse his hands into a container (of water) until he has washed it thrice because he does not know where his hands has spent the night” (Saheeh Muslim)

The hands are the tools of purification therefore it will be sunnah to begin (wudhu) by washing them, and you will wash your hands up to the wrists.

And saying the tasmiah “Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem” at the beginning of wudhu (is sunnah), because of the hadeeth of Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam:

[ لا وضوء لمن لم يسم الله ]

“There is no wudhu for the one who did not mention the name of Allah” (Sunan Abu Dawud and others with a slight difference in wording)

And the intended meaning of the hadeeth is the losing of virtue (of wudhu, by not reciting the tasmiah), and the Asa7 (more correct) version is that the (the tasmiah) is mustahabb, even though it’s mentioned as sunnah in the kitaab.

And (it’s sunnah) to recite the tasmiah before and after istinjaa, is the correct view.

And using Miswaak (is sunnah), because Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam used to do that always, and in the absence of the miswaak you should use your finger, because Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam used to do that, and the more correct version is that the miswaak is mustahabb.

And gargling and blowing the nose (is sunnah), because Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam was always doing it.

And the method of gargling, is that he should gargle thrice, each time taking new water, and blowing the nose is done the same way, that’s how the wudhu of Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam has been narrated as.

And masah of the ears is sunnah with the water of the head (the water from making masah of the head) according to us, contrary to Imaam Shaafi’i Rahimahullah, because of the hadeeth:

[ الأذنان من الرأس ]

“The ears are from the head” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

And (we say) the intended meaning of this hadeeth is mentioning the law (of making masah of the ears) and it not conflicting.

And making khilaal (passing the wet fingers through) of the beard (is sunnah), because Jibreel Alayhis Salaam commanded Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam to do that, and it’s said that it’s sunnah according to Imaam Abu Yusuf Rahimahullah, and permissible (Jaa’iz) according to Imaam Abu Hanifah and Imaam Muhammad Rahimahumallah, because a sunnah is perfecting a fardh in its place, and entering the fingers (into the beard) is not in the place of fardh.

And khilaal of the fingers is sunnah, because of the hadeeth:

[ خللوا أصابعكم كي لا تتخللها نار جهنم ]

“Pass your wet fingers through each other (make khilaal of your fingers) so that the fire of Jahannam does not pass through them” (Al Daaraqutni)

Because it is perfecting a fardh in its place.

And washing each part thrice (is sunnah), because rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam made wudhu and washed each part once and said: “this is the wudhu which Allah does not accept salaah except with it” (the minimum wudhu). And he (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) made wudhu and washed each part twice and said: “this is the wudhu of the one whose reward Allah has multiplied”. And he (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) made wudhu and washed each part thrice and said: “this is my wudhu and the wudhu of the Anbiyaa before me, so whoever adds or decreases on this wudhu then he has transgressed and done wrong.”

And it is preferred for the person making wudhu to make an intention for purification, so the niyyah (intention) for wudhu is sunnah according to us, and according to Imaam Shaafi’i Rahimahullah it’s fardh because to him it’s an act of worship (‘ibaadah), so it would not be correct without an intention like tayammum (dry purification), but according to us the qurbah (good deed) will not happen except without an intention, but the objective will have been reached (the key to salaah) by using purifying water, unlike tayammum, because sand is not a purifier except when in a state of intending salaah or related to the objective.

And he will wipe his head once (masah), and that is sunnah, and Imaam Shaafi’i Rahimahullah says: the sunnah way is to do it thrice with new water based upon washing, and according to us: Hadhrat Anas Radhiallahu Anhu made wudhu and washed each part thrice and wiped his head once and said: “this is the wudhu of Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam.” And what was narrated concerning wiping thrice will be carried upon it with one water, and that is in agreement with what Hasan narrated from Imaam Abu Hanifah Rahimahullah, because the fardh thing is wiping, and by repetition it becomes washing, and will not be sunnah like the masah of the khuffain (leather socks), contrary to washing because that isn’t harmed by repetition.

And he will have tarteeb (making wudhu in order) in wudhu, and will start with what Allah has mentioned first and will start from the right side, and tarteeb in wudhu is sunnah according to us, and Imaam Shaafi’i Rahimahullah says that it’s fardh because Allah says “faghsiloo wujoohakum” (and wash your faces) and this “faa” is for ta’qeeb, and we say that what is mentioned in there is the letter “wauw” and it is for mutlaq al jam3a with consensus among the people of the language.

And to start from the right is more virtuous because of the hadeeth:

[ إن الله تعالى يحب التيامن في كل شيء حتى التنعل والترجل ]

“Verily Allah loves that you start everything from the right, even putting on your right sandal first and combing your hair from the right side”

That’s the end of Kitaabut Tahaarah, the next chapter will be the nullifiers of Wudhu Insha Allah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah   Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lessons: Hanafi Fiqh - Hidaayah
Page 1 of 1