Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Khubaib ibn `Udai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Musaafira
Musaafira

Female Number of posts : 75
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Khubaib ibn `Udai Empty
PostSubject: Khubaib ibn `Udai   Khubaib ibn `Udai Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Khubaib ibn `Udai (RA)

Among the blessed companions of Allah's Messenger sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam also towers the name Khubaib ibn `Udai, radhiallahu `anhu. He was blessed in martyrdom, and he endured great sufferings at the hands of his torturers who crucified him because of his love for his Beloved. Khubaib concealed his sufferings and he endured his crucifixion with great courage and faith in an unparalleled demonstration of endurance to raise the flag of Allah's message.

When the incredulous confederates plotted to kill him, they stirred the tribes to execute him, then they made him a cross and they celebrated his execution by inviting women and children to witness, but Allah took away his anxiety, replaced it with peacefulness in a manifestation of His presence (sakeena) and He strengthened him with faith and endurance.

Ibn Ishaq narrated that before his execution, the tribes gave Khubaib a choice between renouncing his faith in Allah and returning to believe in their deities or facing death. His tears flew profusely as he did not hesitate to embrace and defend Allah's call. Before his death, he said, "Why would I fear death when it will eventually seize me no doubt, and when what I truly fear is to become fuel for hell fire? Hence, as long as I die as a believer, it does not matter to me how it happens."

Also on this subject, Abu Huraira radhiallahu `anhu narrated that Allah's Messenger once sent a brigade of ten people on a mission and he appointed `Asim ibn Thabit al-Ansari from Madeenah as their leader. When the brigade reached between the town of Asfan and the city of Makkah, someone discovered them and reported what he saw to the tribe of Bani Huthayl who immediately dispatched one hundred strong men to search for them. During their chase, they found tracks of some date pits from Madeenah that led them to `Asim and to his men. When `Asim ibn Thabit realised that he was being pursued, he directed his men to a high desert plateau. However, it was too late then, for the tribe of Bani Huthayl had already surrounded them.

The leader of Bani Huthayl then called out: "Come down and give yourselves up as prisoners-of-war and you have my solemn word that if you surrender, none of you will be killed!"

`Asim ibn Thabit, the leader of the Muslim men, then proclaimed: "I swear by Allah that I do not trust the covenant of a disbeliever. O my Lord, inform Thy prophet about what happened to us." `Asim then charged against the enemy and he was martyred along with six of his companions. The other three men including Khubaib ibn `Udai were forced to surrender.

When the clan of Bani Huthayl captured them, the clan negated its promise not to kill its prisoners and they tied them up and dragged them to sell as slaves in Makkah. On their way, one of the three men realised what happened and he proclaimed, "By God, this is a flagrant betrayal and I shall not follow you." As he resisted, the men of Bani Huthayl killed him and then they continued on their way to Makkah with the remaining two Muslims.

In Makkah, the son of Harith ibn `Amr brought Khubaib ibn `Udai who had killed his father during the Battle of Badr. One day, the son of al-Harith ibn `Amr decided to kill Khubaib and Marya, the servant of Hujair ibn Abi Ahab who later became Muslim, narrated: "I walked into the room where Khubaib was imprisoned and I found the son of al-Harith holding a sharpened dagger against the neck of the tied-up prisoner. I screamed and Khubaib understood why. The son of al-Harith then said to me, 'Are you afraid that I may kill him?' I replied, 'By God, I have never seen a prisoner who is more blessed than Khubaib. I found him one day in his chains eating from a cluster of fresh grapes when the entirety of Makkah did not have a single fruit!'"

Later on, Marya used to say, "Surely it was a miracle - a blessed food the All Compassionate, Almighty Allah gave to Khubaib."

Ibn Ishaq narrated: "When the disbelievers brought Khubaib out to the area of the sacred Haram to kill him, Khubaib asked permission to pray two raka`at and his executioners granted his wish. After completing his prayers, Khubaib said to his murderers: 'I swear to Allah that I did not wish to prolong my prayers lest you think I am afraid of death.' As they tied him up to a cross, and raised it to execute him, Khubaib prayed, 'My Lord, we have delivered Thy message to the people. Lord, inform Thy prophet about the sufferings they put us through.'"

Source
Back to top Go down

Khubaib ibn `Udai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Learn About Islam :: Personalities-
Jump to: