Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-Fady-

Male Number of posts : 453
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Empty
PostSubject: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am

aswrwb

I got it hidden banana Hard Copy, it's sweet, big tho, but sweet Big Grin

lol!
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am

Alhamdulilah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm

From where did you get it?
I once found an online version, but it hurts my eyes to read so much on the screen.
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:26 am

Abu Sulayman al 7atimi wrote:
From where did you get it?
I once found an online version, but it hurts my eyes to read so much on the screen.

there was a book fete at local mosque we got it for $80 instead of $130 Big Grin also bought major sins book by Imam Adh-Dhahabi, but....tis all bout bidaya wan nihaya
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am

arabic or english?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:54 pm

The book hasn't been translated in english...well not completly...
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:17 am

Admin wrote:
arabic or english?

Arabic.

even if it was translated I wouldn't get it,

it's so awesome Wallahi I feel like I am hearing Ibn Kathir talking, it is amazing! Subhan Allah

Alhamdulilah Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Book Review : Al Bidayah wa al Nihaya by Ibn Kathir
By Imam Anwar Al Awlaki

Ibn Kathir is a Shafi’i scholar, who studied under one of the greatest Shafi’i scholars of all time, Abu al Hajjaaj al Muzi. Al Muzi loved him and drew him close to him and even married him to his daughter.
This 10 volume work, along with his tafsir, are the most famous works of Imam ibn Kathir. The title translates as: “The Beginning and the End.” As the name suggests the Imam covers history starting with the beginning of creation and ends with the righteous entering into Paradise and the evil entering Hellfire. Here are some more details:
First he talks about the story of creation based on the verses of Quran and sayings of the Prophet but then he moves on to narrate stories that rely on “al-Isra’eelyyaat”, the stories of the People of the Book. Then he proceeds with the stories of the Prophets (This is what I based my series on the Prophets on).
The next part covers the seerah of Rasulullah. The advantage of his coverage of seerah is that he combines what the scholars of seerah such as ibn Ishaaq, al Waqidi, and Musa bin Uqba wrote along with what the scholars of hadith have included in their books such as Bukhari, Muslim, the four books of Sunan, al Bayhaqi, Ahmad, and al Hakim. This makes his coverage of seerah very comprehensive. The downside is that the story does not flow as it would with the seerah of Ibn Ishaaq for example and there is also a lot of repetition and sometimes there are contradicting narrations. This makes it serve better as a reference than a book to read. This part is translated into English by Trevor Le Gassick. However there are some mistakes that I guess stem from the translator being a non-Muslim and thus because of his lack of understanding of Islam chooses incorrect meanings for words that have more than one meaning.
Ibn Kathir’s coverage of the time of the four Khalifs is detailed and avoids many but not all of the weak and fabricated narrations that exist in the history of al Tabari.
Then he covers the period of the Umayah khilafa. After that his history becomes quite Shaam-centric. Imam Ibn Kathir, in some cases almost conclusively, focuses on the histories of al Shaam (the area encompassed by present day Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, and Jordan,) Egypt, and Iraq.
What about North Africa, Andalusia, the Indian subcontinent, the Arabian penensula, and other areas of Islam?
There is some talk about North Africa and its relationship with the establishment of the Fatimi dynasty whom Ibn Kathir refers to as liars, and Impersonators, who wished no good for the Muslims (The Fatimids were outwardly Shia and inwardly Ismailis.)
Andalusia gets mentioned but many important events in its history are missing. Ibn Kathir talks about the land of Sind while mentioning the great conquests that occurred on the hands of Muhammad bin al Qasim but then neglects it completely until Mahmud Sabaktakeen arrives on the scene and achieves great victories on the Indian subcontinent. The Arabian peninsula is covered sparsely and when it is, it is mostly about what was going on, or who was ruling in Makkah and Madina. Yemen and Oman are lost in this narrative. And there was absolutely nothing on some areas such as East Africa for example.
Why is that?
Well Ibn Kathir offers an apology somewhere (I cannot recall where at the moment) that he has omitted some parts because of lack of resources.
Now shouldn’t we think about this for a moment?
This great Imam who wrote some of the greatest works lacks resources on some important issues such as the history of Andalusia which made him omit almost 600 years of Muslim history in Spain (Ibn Kathir lived during the 8th hijri century) while we today have all the resources at our fingertips. Modern technology has brought with it a proliferation of Islamic knowledge but where are the ones who would take advantage of that?
Therefore, al Bidayah wa al Nihaayah is an excellent reference on the history of the prophets, seerah, the history of early Islam and the history of al Shaam and Iraq up until the year 768H.
During the period when I was reading these ten volumes I was living with the ummah. The ups and the downs, the victories and the defeats, the righteous and the evil, the just rulers and the tyrants, the scholars, the poets, the worshipers, the military generals, the deviants, the hypocrites, and the enemies.
We have a truly fascinating history.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

Male Number of posts : 131
Religion : islam
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:55 pm

english never will do justice in translating arabic.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 am

Things loses its meanings when translated to english, that's why i'm not too fond of english translations.
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Things loses its meanings when translated to english, that's why i'm not too fond of english translations.

true say, plus I'm really strengthening my arabic reading arabic books, Alhamdulilah
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 pm

do you know of any small arabic kitaabs?

i'm looking for some kitaabs that are short and have less than 15 pages.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm

on which topic you looking for???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

I got it on the comp but you get cross eyed if u read on the comp for too long. Plus u can write in the margins on real books etc
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Quote :
on which topic you looking for???

Any topic it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :
english never will do justice in translating arabic.

Qari sahib are you fluent in arabic?
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

yup i think so. studied it for very long. i still refer to the dictionary though. the modern day arabic can be a bit tricky. how bout you
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 pm

admin sahib i think you'll like this book . its called al-isti'dad liyaum al-ma'ad by the man himself hafiz al-hadith ibn hajr. its full of quotes . quite short and simple. a real iman booster
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Quote :
yup i think so. studied it for very long. i still refer to the dictionary though. the modern day arabic can be a bit tricky. how bout you

I just know enough to get around, i'm nowhere near being fluent, i wish there was some fast ways to learn arabic, there's no point in listening to the news and that stuff since everyone wants to speak their own dialect.

Quote :
admin sahib i think you'll like this book . its called al-isti'dad liyaum al-ma'ad by the man himself hafiz al-hadith ibn hajr. its full of quotes . quite short and simple. a real iman booster

JazakAllahu khair i'll go look for it as soon as i can Insha Allah.
Back to top Go down
yasser balesaria

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 am

there is no fast way to learn arabic. all these crash courses are not very good. its more vocab than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:04 am

I found that kitaab, and i uploaded it too, so you can download it from here,

http://ia311333.us.archive.org/3/items/70acj/Alisti3daad_liyawmil_ma3aad.pdf
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:25 am

Interesting stories...

Nice poems too...
Back to top Go down
inumad

Male Number of posts : 1
Religion : West Africa
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Assalamu Alaikum

could any help me with a site i could get a soft copy of the Bidaya wan Nihaya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya   Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Al Bidaya Wan-Nihaya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Learn About Islam :: Kitaabs-
Jump to: