Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Don't you get lonely?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Don't you get lonely? Empty
PostSubject: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 pm

It is reported from Nu3aym bin 7ammaad:

3abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak used to often stay at home, so he was asked, “Don’t you get lonely?” He replied, “How could I get lonely when I am with the Prophet – Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him (i.e. I read his hadeeth)?”

Also on the authority of Nu3aym bin 7ammaad:

It was once said to 3abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “O Abu 3abd Al-Rahmaan, you often sit alone at home.” He said, “I am alone? I am with the Prophet - Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him – and his Companions.” Meaning: reading hadeeth.

Ibn 3asaakir, Taareekh Dimashq 32/458.

Shaqeeq bin Ibraaheem reports:

It was once said to 3abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “After you have prayed with us you don’t sit with us?” He replied, “I go and sit with the Sa7aabah and the Taabi3een.” We said, “And how can you sit with the Sa7aabah and Taabi3een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people.”

Adh-Dhahabee, Siyar A3laam Al-Nubalaa’ in his biography of 3abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak.
Back to top Go down
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

Female Number of posts : 1129
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 am

Quote :
“And how can you sit with the Sa7aabah and Taabi3een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people.”

SubhanAllah.

Excellent thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.me-ate-all-the-cake/fatty.com
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 5:35 am

aswrwb,

JazakAllahu khair akhi :'). Who was Ibn Mubarak by the way?! Since I've heard so many great sayings from him, but don't know who he is exactly sad embarassed.

Al Qadr wrote:
Quote :
“And how can you sit with the Sa7aabah and Taabi3een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people.”

SubhanAllah.

Excellent thread.

MashaAllah I agree! Backbiting is so easily done these days :/ sad.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com

PostSubject: Re: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Quote :
Who was Ibn Mubarak by the way

Listen to this akhee, it's talks about who 3abdullah ibn al Mubarak was & his life
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Abu Sulayman al 7atimi wrote:
Quote :
Who was Ibn Mubarak by the way

Listen to this akhee, it's talks about who 3abdullah ibn al Mubarak was & his life

aswrwb,

JazakAllahu khair for that ya akhi, inshaAllah I'll be listening to it soon :').

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't you get lonely?   Don't you get lonely? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't you get lonely?
Page 1 of 1