Now in its second year, the annual HHUGS Winter Walk is back! We invite brave souls with generous hearts to wrap up warm, defy the wintry chills and walk towards providing relief for some of the UK’s most vulnerable families this Winter. Your efforts on this day can provide a world of difference for HHUGS families (children and elderly included) who struggle to survive through harsh winters on bare basics. Can you step up to transform Winter from a season of dread to one of warmth and relief this year? A mere five short miles where you have to embrace the cold - so they won’t have to.
WHERE AND WHEN?
Location: Hyde Park, London
Date and Time:Sunday 8th February 2015
Distance: 5 miles
Approximate time for completion: 2 – 3.5 hours
Deadline for registration: Monday 2nd February 2015 at 12.59pm
Registration Fee: £10 Adult /£5 Junior
Sponsorship Target: £150
I WANT TO DO THIS! HOW DO I REGISTER?
http://hhugs.org.uk/winterwalk and you are on your way! Included here are some essential fundraising tips and the all-important FAQ.
The fruit of your footsteps- Your money will provide:
- Essential winter clothing for children: High quality, durable and comfortable clothing and footwear for children who will be outdoors come rain or shine.
- Paying gas and heating bills for families who are unable to cover basic costs.
- Provide essential necessities such as groceries and household maintenance.
- Pay back debts and arrears for families who have had their energy supplies cut off.
- Home maintenance to allow homes to become more energy and fuel efficient long-term.
“Taking care of the poor in the winter and protecting them from the cold is a great deed.”
[Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali]
“The best of deeds is making the believer happy, such as covering his awrah, satisfying his hunger or meeting his need”[At Tabarani]