Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-06

The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Empty
PostSubject: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 am

What Are the Rights of Other Muslims? Non-Muslims?

Question: The hadiths on brotherhood are so many. What are the rights of other Muslims on me? Do non-Muslims get rights, too?

Answer: There is a useful discussion of these rights in Heavenly Ornaments, by Imam Ashraf Ali al-Tahanawi:

The Rights of Muslims

1. Overlook the faults of a Muslim .
2 . When he cries, have mercy on him .
3 . Conceal his shortcomings .
4 . Accept his excuses .
5 . Remove his difficulties .
6 . Always be good to him .
7 . Gaining his love is an accomplishment .
8 . Fulfil his promises .
9 . When he falls ill, visit him .
10 . When he passes away, make du‘â for him .
11 . Accept his invitation .
12 . Accept his gifts .
13 . When he shows kindness to you, show kindness to him in return .
14 . Be grateful for his favours upon you .
15 . Help and assist him at the time of need .
16 . Safeguard his family and children .
17 . Assist him in his work .
18 . Listen to his advice .
19 . Accept his intercession .
20 . Do not make him feel despondent over his ambitions .
21 . When he sneezes and says "Alhamdulillâh", say "Yarhamukallah" in reply .
22 . If you find a lost item of his, return it to him .
23 . Reply to his greeting .
24 . When you converse with him, speak with humility and in a good manner .
25 . Be kind and friendly to him .
26 . When he takes an oath with regard to you, confident that you will fulfil it, then you must fulfil it . (For example, Zayd takes an oath that ‘Amr never goes to the bazaar and he is confident that ‘Amr will fulfil this oath of his, then ‘Amr must ensure that he does not act contrary to it . )
27 . If anyone oppresses him, go to his assistance . If he oppresses someone, prevent him .
28 . Be friendly to him and do not antagonize him .
29 . Do not disgrace him .
30 . Whatever you like for yourself, like for him as well .
31 . When you meet him, make salâm to him . If a man shakes the hand of a man, and a woman shakes the hand of a woman, it will be even better .
32 . If a quarrel takes place between the two of you, do not cut-off speaking to him for more than three days .
33 . Do not have evil thoughts of him .
34 . Do not be jealous of him nor should you hate him .
35 . Direct him towards good deeds and stop him from evil deeds .
36 . Have mercy on the young and respect the elderly .
37 . If there is a conflict between two Muslims, try and reconcile them .
38 . Do not speak ill of him .
39 . Do not cause him any loss; neither in his wealth nor in his honour.
40 . If he is sitting, do not make him get up and take his place .

Rights of the Neighbour

1. Deal with him in a nice and friendly manner .
2. Protect the honour of his wife and children .
3. Occasionally you should send gifts to his house . Especially if he is poor.In such a case you should definitely send some food to him .
4. Do not cause him any harm . Do not quarrel with him over trivial matters .

Rights of the Travelling Companion

1. Just as a person has a neighbour at home, he also has a neighbour when travelling. That is, a travelling companion with whom you embark on a journey or coincidentally joins you during the course of the journey . The rights of such a person are similar to those of a neighbour.
2. His rights can be summed up as follows: give preference to his comfort over your own comfort . Some people display a lot of selfishness with regard to other travellers when travelling by train or other modes of public transportation . This is a very evil habit .

Rights of the Weak and Old

Those people who are in need, such as orphans, widows, the weak, the poor, the sick, the cripple, travellers, beggars, etc. have additional rights . They are:

1. You should help them financially .
2 . You should undertake their tasks with your own hands and legs .
3 . You should console and comfort them .
4 . You should not refuse to fulfil their needs and wants .

Rights of Human beings

1. Do not cause financial or physical harm to innocent people .
2 . Do not argue with anyone without any valid Shar'î reason .
3. If you find someone in problem, in poverty, or sick, help him, feed him, treat his sickness .
4 . When meting out punishment, do not transgress the limits in the different methods of punishment that have been laid down in the Sharî‘ah.

Rights of Animals

1. Do not encage an animal which you will not be taking any benefit from . Removing nestlings from their nests, causing harm to their parents, etc . is a sign of extreme mercilessness .
2. An animal that is suitable for consumption should not be killed merely for amusement .
3. You should make proper arrangements with regard to food, drink, providing rest, and taking care for the animal that you utilise for your work . Do not impose any work on it that is beyond its capacity, nor should you beat it more than necessary .
4. The animal that is to be slaughtered or killed on account of it being harmful should be slaughtered or killed quickly . Do not cause it any agitation . Do not take its life after having starved it .

Additional points

If there is any shortcoming in fulfilling the rights of a person, fulfil that which can be fulfilled or else, ask for forgiveness. For example, you are still owing someone some money or you cheated someone, etc . (In such a case you should try and pay the debt, but if you cannot do so, then seek forgiveness from the person) . As for the right which can only be forgiven, seek forgiveness for it, e . g . you spoke ill of a person or beat him (In such a case, it is obvious that you cannot pay him anything . Instead, you will have to seek his forgiveness) .

If, due to some reason, you cannot fulfil their rights nor can you seek their forgiveness, then you should continue making du‘â for these people. It is possible that on the day of judgement Allah Ta'âlâ will try and influence them to forgive you . However, later if you are in a position to fulfil their rights or seek their forgiveness, then do not hesitate in doing so .

As for the rights that are due to you and there is a hope of their being fulfilled, then be lenient when asking for them. As for those where there is no hope of their being fulfilled or, they are such that they cannot be fulfilled, such as ghîbah, then although there is the hope of your receiving rewards in return for them on the day of judgement, however, more reward has been mentioned with regard to forgiving them in this world . It will be much better if you forgive them completely or absolve them completely . This is especially when the person earnestly seeks forgiveness from you .

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1356&CATE=88[b]
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
warda
warda

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 am

ASsalamu alaikum

subhanallah i was only aware of the i believe the six rights of muslim to muslim mentioned in the hadeeth,

mashallah its amazing how islam protects the right of everyone, muslim, nonmuslim, animals...etc alhamduillah for islam

jazakallah khayr for posting
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:18 am

warda wrote:
ASsalamu alaikum

subhanallah i was only aware of the i believe the six rights of muslim to muslim mentioned in the hadeeth,

mashallah its amazing how islam protects the right of everyone, muslim, nonmuslim, animals...etc alhamduillah for islam

jazakallah khayr for posting

wswrwb,

I guess the six rights are the minimum rights we owe to our brothers and sisters tongue.

Indeed, it is amazing, and no wonder since it comes from the most amazing and unbelievable source, Allah! And then the most amazing man, the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa! Big Grin This post wasn't really for you though, mashaAllah you're a top class sister, keep it up inshaAllah thumbs up.

Barakallahu feek!

Ummm, a post I made in another forum, it wasn't exactly all I wanted to say since I was feeling a bit passionate at the time but I forget what I wanted to share embarassed:

"Fulfill the rights of your brothers and your sisters in Islam! Be grateful and show your gratitude for any kind acts they do to you, or that is a sin (if you are not grateful)!

If they are not fulfilling your rights, than forgive them in as much as is possible. Remember, Allah has said He is Merciful to those who show mercy to others. So forgive and forget, and receive great reward inshaAllah!

A reminder to me before anyone
"

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
warda
warda

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 am

Assalamu alaikum

who was it for then just wondring embarassed

just an amazing attributes; forgive and forget. may allah grant us the power to forgive and forget. ameen

jazakallah khayr
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:40 am

warda wrote:
Assalamu alaikum

who was it for then just wondring embarassed

just an amazing attributes; forgive and forget. may allah grant us the power to forgive and forget. ameen

jazakallah khayr

wswrwb,

LoL! It was just for Muslims in general, it's quite an old post tongue.

Indeed, I used to hold grudges back in the past because I thought it was a good thing, but it doesn't really bring any benefit and causes more harm embarassed. But when I learnt that it's Islamic to forgive and forget, I regretted doing that and always try to forgive and forget now inshaAllah ^^. Ameen!

Wa iyyak ^^.

Imam Bukhaari (Alayhi Rahmah) writes:

The Holy Prophet, Hadhrat Muhammad-ur Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: 'No-one of you shall become a true believer (Mu'min) until he desires for his brother what he desires for himself.'

In another Hadith, the Holy prophet, Hadhrat Muhammad-ur Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

There are six general rights of a Muslim upon his Muslim brother.

1) Greet him when you see him (conveying Salaam)
2) Respond, accept and fulfil his invitation
3) Offer him the best advice you have, if sought
4) Reply with 'Yarhamuk Allah' ( May Allah, the Almighty be merciful to you ) when one sneezes and says 'Al Hamdu Lillaah'
5) Pay him a visit if he gets ill
6) Follow his funeral to the graveyard burial.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
warda
warda

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:06 am

Assalamu alaikum

rotfl sorry that was funny, abt how u thought grudges were good.

u know, its just sometimes it becomes second to impossible to forget and forgive; but whoever said it was easy anyway huh

the 2 right, there are exceptions to it right? like if the person is inviting u to an inappropriate event, you are allowed to deny for the sake of Allah though right, i think that makes since anyway
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 am

warda wrote:
Assalamu alaikum

rotfl sorry that was funny, abt how u thought grudges were good.

u know, its just sometimes it becomes second to impossible to forget and forgive; but whoever said it was easy anyway huh

the 2 right, there are exceptions to it right? like if the person is inviting u to an inappropriate event, you are allowed to deny for the sake of Allah though right, i think that makes since anyway

wswrwb,

sad Not funny sad.

I heard you are meant to say "Sub7anallahi wa bi7amdih, sub7analla-hil-3azeem" before going to sleep, and that helps you to forgive and forget? scratch It's the last hadith in bukhari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUrtF91Nho

Yeah of course you can reject that, as the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa said "There is no obedience to the creation when it is disobedience to the Creator" (paraphrased, or it may not have been him but it's a well known saying!).

Wassalam.

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
warda
warda

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:32 am

Assalamu alaikum

lol! it was, kinda.......k ok sorry, forgive please

mashallah the nasheedah is beatutiful and so is the hadeeth! mashallah the sayings of the prophet are so intelligent, full of wisdom and poetic

jazakallah for sharing
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:51 am

warda wrote:
Assalamu alaikum

mashallah the nasheedah is beatutiful and so is the hadeeth! mashallah the sayings of the prophet are so intelligent, full of wisdom and poetic

jazakallah for sharing

wswrwb,

LoL, I'm not really sad, maybe I should stop using that when I'm not really feeling sad just incase I do when I really do feel sad and no one believes me eek sad. I forgive you ukhti :P. But it wasn't funny haha tongue. outta OK, I guess I put it in to add a little bit of humour to my post embarassed, since people being stupid is always funny huh? :')

I see, you haven't heard the hadith before huh ukhti ^^, quite surprising since it's very well known tongue. Definitely, may Allah bestow His choicest blessings on the beloved Prophet!

Wa iyyak!
Wassalam.

Abu Hurayra narrated the messanger of Allah Sallallahu alayhi wa said,

" He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the day of resurrection,and he who finds relief for a hard pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the day of resurrection. He who covers up (the faults and sins) of a muslim, Allah will cover up his faults and sins in this world and the hearafter.

Allah supports his slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother, And he who treads the path in search of knowledge, Allah makes that path easy, leading to Jannah for him. The people who assemble in the houses of Allah, reciting the book of Allah, learning it and teaching,there descends upon them tranquility and mercy covers them. The angels flock around them, and Allah mentions them in the precense of those near him, and he who lags behind in doing good deeds, his noble lineage will not cause him to go forward
"

sahih Muslim

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:09 pm

aswrwb,

JazakAllahu khair for the post.

may Allah give us the tawfeeq to practice these teachings - Aameen
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 am

Umm Salamah wrote:
aswrwb,

JazakAllahu khair for the post.

may Allah give us the tawfeeq to practice these teachings - Aameen

wswrwb,

Barakallahu feeki ukht.

AMEEN!

Wassalam.

On the authority of Tamim Al-Dari that The Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa said:

"Religion is sincerity". We said: "To whom?" He said: "To Allah and His Book, and His messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk".

Narrated by Muslim
Back to top Go down
warda
warda

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 am

Z-Blade wrote:
warda wrote:
Assalamu alaikum

jazakallah for sharing

wswrwb,

LoL, I'm not really sad, maybe I should stop using that when I'm not really feeling sad just incase I do when I really do feel sad and no one believes me eek sad. I forgive you ukhti :P. But it wasn't funny haha tongue. outta OK, I guess I put it in to add a little bit of humour to my post embarassed, since people being stupid is always funny huh? :')

I see, you haven't heard the hadith before huh ukhti ^^, quite surprising since it's very well known tongue. Definitely, may Allah bestow His choicest blessings on the beloved Prophet!

Wa iyyak!
Wassalam.

" He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the day of resurrection,and he who finds relief for a hard pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the day of resurrection. He who covers up (the faults and sins) of a muslim, Allah will cover up his faults and sins in this world and the hearafter.

Allah supports his slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother, And he who treads the path in search of knowledge, Allah makes that path easy, leading to Jannah for him. The people who assemble in the houses of Allah, reciting the book of Allah, learning it and teaching,there descends upon them tranquility and mercy covers them. The angels flock around them, and Allah mentions them in the precense of those near him, and he who lags behind in doing good deeds, his noble lineage will not cause him to go forward
"

sahih Muslim

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllahu khair

no the haddeeth i did heard of it before, it pretty much appears in all of the kitabs,
its the nasheedah i didnt hear of tongue

" [b]He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the day of resurrection,and he who finds relief for a hard pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the day of resurrection. He who covers up (the faults and sins) of a muslim, Allah will cover up his faults and sins in this world and the hearafter.

^ this hadeeth mashallah inspires me everytime i read it...jazakallah
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 am

warda wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllahu khair

no the haddeeth i did heard of it before, it pretty much appears in all of the kitabs,
its the nasheedah i didnt hear of tongue

" [b]He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the day of resurrection,and he who finds relief for a hard pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the day of resurrection. He who covers up (the faults and sins) of a muslim, Allah will cover up his faults and sins in this world and the hearafter.

^ this hadeeth mashallah inspires me everytime i read it...jazakallah

wswrwb,

Barakallahu feeki ukht.

Hehe, sorry embarassed, was surprised when I thought you meant that, but Alhamdulillah ^^.

Wa iyyaki, inshaAllah Allah will give me 'ajr for it :'). outta

Wassalam.

Household Chores?

Hadith - Mishkat, Narrated Aisha [Transmitted by Tirmidhi]

Allah's Messenger Sallallahu alayhi wa used to patch his sandals, sew his garment and conduct himself at home as anyone of you does in his house. He was a human being, searching his garment for lice, milking his sheep, and doing his own chores.

Hadith - Sahih al-Bukhari 8.65, Narrated Al Aswad

I asked 'Aisha what did the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa use to do at home. She replied, "He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was time for the prayer, he would get up for prayer."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners # 551

Salih reported that his grandmother said, "I saw Ali buy some dates for a dirham and then carry them in the folds of his wrap. Someone asked him, 'Shall I carry those for you, O Commander of the Faithful?" 'Ali replied, 'No. The father of the family is the one most deserving of the burden.' "

http://muttaqun.com/men.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim   The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rights of One Muslim to Another Muslim
Page 1 of 1