Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Empty
PostSubject: Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!   Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:45 am

“Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:

The Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wa) kept standing (in prayer) so long that the skin
of his feet would crack. I asked him:

“Why do you do this, while you
have been forgiven of your former and latter sins?”

He said,

“Should I not be a grateful slave of Allah?”

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

~
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!   Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:55 am

aswrwb,

JazakAllahu khair for the reminder ukhti thumbs up.

Here's a better version of the hadith:

Transmitted on the authority of 'Ata' (may Allah the Exalted bestow His mercy upon him), who said:

"I entered the presence of [the Prophet's widow] 'A'isha (may Allah be well pleased with her), and said: 'Tell us about the most amazing experience you ever had in the company of Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace).' She wept at first, but then she said: 'Was there anything at all about him that was not a marvelous wonder? He came to me one night, and snuggled up beside me in my bed [firashi] until his skin was touching my skin. But then he said: 'O daughter of Abu Bakr, let me go, so that I may devote myself to the worship of my Lord.'

"She said: 'So I told him: "I love your nearness, but I prefer to respect your dearest wish." I therefore allowed him (Allah bless him and give him peace) to take his leave of me. So he got up, found a skin container full of water, and performed his ritual ablution [tawadda'a], pouring a considerable amount of water in the process. Then he stood erect, and started to perform the ritual prayer [qama fa-salla]. He wept as he did so, until his tears were streaming down onto his chest. Then he adopted the bowing posture [raka'a], and shed more tears. Then he prostrated himself [sajada], and again he wept. Then he raised his head, and wept still more. He went on like this (Allah bless him and give him peace) until Bilal (may Allah be well pleased with him) arrived on the scene, and so he told him about the ritual prayer [salat].

"'I then said: "O Messenger of Allah, what causes you to weep, when Allah has forgiven you your earlier and later sins?" To this he replied (Allah bless him and give him peace) :

"'"Should I not be a thankful servant ['abd shakur]? Why should I not do it, since Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He) has sent down to me the words of revelation:

Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, and the ship that runs upon the sea with that which is of use to human beings, and the water which Allah sends down from the sky, thereby reviving the earth after its death, and dispersing all kinds of beasts therein, and the distribution of the winds, and the clouds set in orderly array between heaven and earth -- surely there are signs for people who can understand. (2:164) "'"

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com

PostSubject: Re: Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!   Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:58 am

wswrwb

barak'Allahu feek wa JazakAllahu khair thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!   Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:03 am

Umm Salamah wrote:
wswrwb

barak'Allahu feek wa JazakAllahu khair thumbs up

Fast reply! eek Wa iyyaki wa barakallahu feeki ukht thumbs up.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!   Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I Not be a Grateful Slave?!
Page 1 of 1