Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Invaluable 90 Minutes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Invaluable 90 Minutes Empty
PostSubject: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Invaluable 90 minutes...

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullah on one occasion spoke on the theme of valuing time. As part of the talk, Shaykh very beautifully explained how much loss is incurred through futile activities. He took the example of watching or listening to 90 minutes of football and questioned what benefit 90 minutes bring to a person.
The fact is that we don’t gain anything! If we take into account alternative actions of virtue, we will very quickly realise the great loss.
Let us look at a few alternatives Shaykh mentioned:

If you engage in reciting the Qur'aan for this length of time, you would on average recite 3-4 juz. Allah ta’aalaa grants 10 rewards for every letter recited. Imagine how many letters you would recite in 3-4 juz and multiply that by 10!

By reading 3 juz you could have earned yourself at least 282,240 rewards!!!
Recite 'Subhaanallah walhamdulillah'. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam said, “Subhaanallah walhamdulillah fills the space between the skies and the earth.” Think for a moment how much reward you would gain from 90 minutes of reciting this.

It is possible to gain the reward which will fill the space between the skies and the earth 2,970 times!!!
Recite 'Subhaanallahi walhamdulillahi wa laailaaha illallaahu wallahu akbar'. From the ahaadith we learn that Jannah is a barren land and these glorifying words plant a tree for its reader in Jannah. During 90 minutes, you could prepare yourself a lovely forest.

In fact you could have planted 1,620 trees in Jannah!!!
Recite Surah Ikhlas. In the hadith it is mentioned that Surah Ikhlas is equal to 1/3 of the Qur'aan. Hence, by reciting it 3 times you will earn the reward of reciting the full Qur’aan! Along with this, another hadith explains that when a person recites Surah Ikhlas 10 times, Allah ta’aalaa builds a palace for him in Jannah.

In 90 minutes you could have earned the reward of 360 Qur’aans and built yourself 108 palaces in Jannah!!!
Recite durood, the shortest version is 'Sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam'. In the hadith it is stated that for every durood a person sends upon the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, Allah ta’aalaa forgives 10 sins, grants 10 rewards and elevates the person 10 stages.

In 90 minutes you could have had 51,300 sins forgiven, 51,300 rewards granted and 51,300 stages elevated in Paradise!!!

So you thought it was just 90 minutes of harmless fun? Might be worth looking at the figures above and calculating how much loss you have incurred during every match.

http://www.idauk.org/newsletter/newsletter%2841%29.html
Back to top Go down
Al Qadr
Princess Super Mod
Al Qadr

Female Number of posts : 1129
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 pm

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
http://www.me-ate-all-the-cake/fatty.com
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 am

Quote :
If you engage in reciting the Qur'aan for this length of time, you would on average recite 3-4 juz.

I'm no longer able to do that anymore, sometimes i only read one and a half juz in 90 minutes, when i simply used to parrot it off i could read a juz in 12 minutes, but now i try to reflect and enjoy my recitation of the qur'aan and that's why it goes so slow.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:58 pm

^ How do you do that? I mean contemplate, because whenever I contemplate my imagination goes wild and you can't make up your own ideas about the ayaat so I don't really know.. how. Guess you need to know tafseer though.

It takes me like 45 minutes to recite a juzz, or half an hour (by myself it would be faster..) 12 minutes is insane. I can't listen to fast recitation either I like seeing if I can understand it.. if it is fast I can't even hear it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:34 am

Well yeah i guess you need to know the tafseer, but it comes even if you know the translation alone, you understand what Allaah is saying, and how applicable it is today, and you know what was the reason for the aayah being revealed, and what laws are derived from it and so on.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invaluable 90 Minutes   Invaluable 90 Minutes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invaluable 90 Minutes
Page 1 of 1