Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Al Wala wal Bara

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fais

Male Number of posts : 51
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

Admin wrote:
wswrwb

A visiting 'aalim had given a talk and said, the problem with people is that they don't hate sin, they regard it as haraam but they don't hate it, that is why they fall into it, if you have true hatred and disgust in your heart for sin then you will never commit it, like for instance i hate wine and drugs and all that sort of things, so it is unthinkable that i would get involved with those stuff, but if i were to simply think it haraam but have no hatred for it, then it is likely that i might end up partaking of it, that is why it is of the utmost importance to hate sin.

That's regarding all sin, be it open or private.

With regards to open sin there's a hadeeth which says that a person who sees evil and dislikes it then it's as if he was not at that place (witnessing that evil), and whoever is absent from there but agrees to it then it's as if he was present (witnessing that evil)

This isn't exactly to do with walaa and baraa so to speak, i'll see what books i have on the topic for you.

That makes a lot of sense,

JazakAllahu khair ..

What about hating the person? Im kind of confused .. hate the sin + the person committing the sin, or just the sin?

Because ive heard both .. which has left me confused .. confused smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 am

Quote :
What's Kha'if... ? I dunno if it said in the bottom thing, but I leave it and go back to it so I think I've forgotten.. someone forced

No, a khaa'if comes from the word khawf, it means one is afraid, ya'ni this person does whatever he's doing out of fear of being killed.

Quote :
and what's ikrah also.. I dunno I forgotten that or didn't understand it. Is it something to do with battles

Ikraah means to force, a mukrah is the one who is forced, like for instance a person is forced under threat of death to utter kufr and then he says it while still keeping firm eemaan in his heart then that person is a mukrah.

Quote :
Is it allowed for a Muslim to give protection to a kaafir in battle? Or any other time?

Protection in what sense?
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 am

Quote :
What about hating the person? Im kind of confused .. hate the sin + the person committing the sin, or just the sin?

Hmmmm i don't want to answer until i'm satisfied on this subject, so let me get back to you In-Shaa Allaah.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Fais

Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

Ok if you could please.

JazakAllahu khair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al Wala wal Bara   Al Wala wal Bara - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Al Wala wal Bara
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2