Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Khalid Bin Al-Waleed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Empty
PostSubject: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:47 am

aswrwb,

Biography of Khalid bin Waleed:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYV2HZXL

"Salaam, this EBook was compiled for readers to learn about the life of Khalid bin Waleed, the Sword of Allah. The source text is from www.swordofallah.com, but I gathered everything into an easily to share EBook that you can navigate easily, bookmark, and do full text searches. Enough from me here is a quick intro from the authors of the site:

This book contains perhaps one of the most brilliant biographies written on the Companion of the Prophet (SAWS), Khalid bin Al-Waleed, Sword of Allah.

Khalid bin Al-Waleed was one of the greatest generals in history, and one of the greatest heroes of Islam. Besides him, Genghis Khan was the only other general to remain undefeated in his entire military life. A measure of Khalid's genius is that he was the only person to inflict a (temporary) defeat on the Prophet Muhammad, (may Allah bless him and grant him peace).

The original title of the book, "The Sword of Allah: Khalid bin Al-Waleed, His Life and Campaigns" was written by the late Lieutenant-General A.I. Akram of the Pakistan Army, in October 1969. The author learnt Arabic in order to draw on the earliest historical sources and he visited every one of Khalid's battlefields in order to draw analyses from the viewpoint of military strategy, including reconciling conflicting historians' accounts. The book was originally published by the Army Education Press, Rawalpindi, Pakistan and printed by Feroze Sons Publishers in Lahore, Pakistan. The excellence of the book was such that it has been translated from English into Arabic and is currently sold in bookshops throughout the Arab World."

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:54 am

I love the story of Khalid bin Waleed, Jazakallahu Khair bro Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 am

Black_Flag wrote:
I love the story of Khalid bin Waleed, Jazakallahu Khair bro Big Grin

aswrwb,

No problem ukhti, barakallahu feek. InshaAllah, it will be of benefit for you :'). Although, I haven't read it myself but thought may as well share it since it's in our computer eek. Will need to read it some day inshaAllah! embarassed outta

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
PaGaL~LaDo0
im a m0d?? dunlaaa
PaGaL~LaDo0

Female Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:02 am

0o0omdaaaaaayzz i still need 2 reaaad diz buk!!! shock itz jzu gaderin duz at m0 shock aye aye aye siiikk maaan inshAllah il strt readin it in a bit Big Grin fank u jee 4 remindin me Big Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilurvmemashAllah.com :D
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:29 am

aswrwb,

PaGaL~LaDo0 wrote:
0o0omdaaaaaayzz i still need 2 reaaad diz buk!!! shock itz jzu gaderin duz at m0 shock aye aye aye siiikk maaan inshAllah il strt readin it in a bit Big Grin fank u jee 4 remindin me Big Grin

Hmmm, still haven't read the book yet embarassed, it's gathering dust inside my computer too. outta

Barakallahu feeki. LoL, you helped remind me about the book too, Jazakillahu khairan ukhti.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:28 pm

I started reading it but havent read it for a while smack head

Tis good....some parts are a bit scratch though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Quote :

Which parts are " scratch "
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 pm

urban_rose wrote:
I started reading it but havent read it for a while smack head

aswrwb,

Hmmm, I see, it's not completely authentic you mean ukhti or questionable?

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Sorry, i forgot about this embarassed

Abu S - i'll try getting a few quotes tomorrow inshAllah and then explain what i mean...

Z- neither of the two you mentioned....more like erm, the phrasing of the sentences insinuates a particular meaning/thought into the readers head...which could be avoided if it was phrased differently...if that makes sense...its good with the info side of it...some great stuff there mashAllah but it is, at the end of the day, a modern book written by an Army general...who i dont think, is a scholar or anything...there are some better books available on Islamic History which are more grounded....
Back to top Go down
Ibn Khattab
Ibn Khattab

Male Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 am

Ive read this book like 5 times, i tryna do hifdh of it cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 am

^^^Hifdh of Qur'an first outta
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Quote :
Abu S - i'll try getting a few quotes tomorrow inshAllah and then explain what i mean...

I've heard something about it too on ummah a very long time ago.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khalid Bin Al-Waleed   Khalid Bin Al-Waleed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khalid Bin Al-Waleed
Page 1 of 1