Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Imran
Imran

Male Number of posts : 36
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-01-09

The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Empty
PostSubject: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm

In general, everything on this world is Halaal to eat, UNLESS there is evidence to prove otherwise. This is the basic principle.

Haraam Animals

1. Anything already dead [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:3]

2. Pork [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:3]

3. (Flowing) Blood [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:3]

4. Anything slaughtered in other than Allaah’s name [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:3]

5. Fanged Animals, like dogs, lions, tigers, etc. [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 438]

6. Birds with Talons, like eagles, Hawks, Vultures etc [Saheeh Muslim, Book 021, Number 4754; Sunan Aboo Daawood, Book 27, Number 3796]

7. Domestic Donkeys [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 436]

8. Mule. [Fatawa Islamiya, Vol. 6, p. 219]

9. Eating Frogs and Frogs’ legs. Because it is forbidden to kill them [Musnad Ahmad and Sunan Ibn Maajah; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 6970]

10. Insects, Vermin and Rodents, Scorpions, Rats, Crows, Kites, and (rabid) dogs. [Saheeh Muslim, Book 007, Number 2721]

11. Alcohol [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5: 90 – 91] – [Vinegar and mayonnaise is Halaal]

12. Gelatine [Some respectable scholars say this is Halaal - http://salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=10&Topic=3488] [also refer to http://muslimmatters.org/2007/07/09/of-mice-and-men-the-cheese-factor/]

13. Anything that is bad for you or could kill you. That means, if you are someone who is, for example, allergic to nuts, thn Nuts become Haraam to you!!

Halaal food

1. Fish, crabs and other Sea creatures [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:96] [Sunan Aboo Daawood, Vol. 1, p. 22, Number 83; Authenticated by Sheikh al – Albaani in Saheeh al-Jami’ as-Saghir, Vol. 2, p. 1184, Number 7048]

2. Hyena Meat [Sunan Aboo Daawood, Book 27, Number 3792; as-Daarimee, al-Bayhaqee, Ibn Hibaan, ad-Daaraqutnee and al-Hakim, and declared Saheeh (authentic) by al-Haakim and Sheikh Nassirudeen al-Albaani in Irwaa al-Ghaleel, Vol. 1, p. 242, Number 1050]

3. Ostrich [al-Umm, 2/210; as quoted in http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10498&ln=eng]

4. Hedgehogs [Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 6, p. 224]

5. Horse Meat [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 419]

6. Lizard Meat [Saheeh Muslim, Book 021, Number 4790]

7. Wild Donkeys (Onagers and Zebras) [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 400]

8. Locusts [Saheeh Bukhaari, Book 021, Number 4801]

9. Meat of The People of The Book [The Noble Qur’an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:5] Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz said, “It is permissible to eat their slaughtered animals as long as it is not known that there were slaughtered by a method other than the Islamic method (cutting the throat)…” [Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 6, p. 248]

10. Why powder and Rennet [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Islam_True/message/162]

11. Animals slaughter after given a small electric shock (although this should be avoided)[http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=14308&ln=eng]

12. Medicines with very small amounts of alcohol, because anything that intoxicates is forbidden. and anything that would intoxiate in LARGE amounts is Haram in SMALL amounts [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, Number 1736]. Hence, since the medicine alcohol is not even the same as the alcohol forbidden (i.e. Kahmr) and would never get you drunk in large amounts, it is Halaal [http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=1037&main_cat_id=30]

-----------------------------------------

Finally, if you are not sure about something or you find a certain food that falls under the 'grey' area, its best to avoid it and follow (or eat) what you are sure about.

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir:

The Prophet said "Both legal and illegal things are obvious, and in between them are (suspicious) doubtful matters. So who-ever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly illegal; and who-ever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things bravely, is likely to commit what is clearly illegal. Sins are Allah's Hima (i.e. private pasture) and whoever pastures (his sheep) near it, is likely to get in it at any moment."

[(Agreed Upon); Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 267; Saheeh Muslim, Vol. 3, Number 3882]

And Allah knows Best
Back to top Go down
warda
warda

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 am

Assalamu alaikum

Jazakallah kharian for the info,

couldnt get the more info for the gelatin though, the forum i didnt look thru and the other one didnt come up, but to add, there are two form of gelatin, one from plant and other from animal and from wat iread the one from animal is almost always from pork.

there has been a lot of talks of this could be haram, halal going but alhamduillah that hadeeth says all. jazakallah...............may allah keep us away from haram encounters
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:39 am

gelatine is haraam, 'halaal gelatine' is an oxymoron, i suppose if the pig gets slaughtered by a muslim then it becomes halaal *Roll Eyes*
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:53 am

Admin wrote:
gelatine is haraam, 'halaal gelatine' is an oxymoron, i suppose if the pig gets slaughtered by a muslim then it becomes halaal *Roll Eyes*

aswrwb,

Not true akhi. There is such a thing as halaal gelatine when it comes from halaal animals (such as cattle).

Also, some scholars say gelatine is halaal no matter which animal it comes from because it goes through such a transformation it is no longer considered to be what it was before and becomes pure.

But of course, I believe haram gelatine to be haram! And taqwa is to avoid it.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
warda
warda

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:25 am

Assalamu alaikum

say its from a pig, no matter the transformation would it ever become halal?

also i heard kowshir gelatin isnt haram, allahu a3lam though
Back to top Go down
Z-Blade
Z-Blade

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 am

warda wrote:
Assalamu alaikum

say its from a pig, no matter the transformation would it ever become halal?

also i heard kowshir gelatin isnt haram, allahu a3lam though

wswrwb,

According to some scholars, yes it is halal. But this is the minority view. Majority say it is haram. And Allah knows best.

Hmmm, don't know much about that, depends if they slaughter the animal in the halal way and properly I guess.

Wassalam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OH-REALLY?.com
truemuslim

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm

oh nice thread... jazakallah... also gelatin is haram bcuz its animal tissue or sometin like dat dont matter who kill da sik pig its all haram... there is halal gelatin NOT from pigz... kk WaSalaam

P.S. Imran daaaaang u gots the 'assasins creed' avatar.. that game is so siiiccckkkkk (i mean both types of sick btw the disgusting sick and the cool sick..lol) i wanna go play it now so WaSalam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food   The Fiqh of Halaal and Haraam Food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1