Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

'Umar's care for the family of the Shuhadaa

Go down 
AuthorMessage

'Umar's care for the family of the Shuhadaa Empty
PostSubject: 'Umar's care for the family of the Shuhadaa   'Umar's care for the family of the Shuhadaa Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 pm

"Welcome to our close relatives"

It was narrated from Zayd ibn Aslam that his father said:

"I went out with 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab to the market, and a young woman ran after 'Umar and sai 'O Ameer al-Mu'mineen, my husband has died and left behind young children. By Allah they cannot take care of themsleves & they own nothing, and I am afraid the hyena will eat them. I am the daughter Khufaaf ibn Eema' al-Ghifari (he was the Imam and khateeb of Ghifar and was present at Hudaibiyah), and my father was present with the Messenger of Allah at al-Hudaybiyah.' 'Umar stood with her and did not move on. He said 'Welcome to our close relatives.'Then he went to a strong camel that was tied near the house and loaded it with two big vessels which he filled with foodstuff, and he placed money and clothing between them. Then he gace the reins to her and said, 'Take it, for it will not finish until Allah gives you some more.' A man said 'O Ameer al-Mu'mineen, you have given her too much.' 'Umar said may your be bereft of you! By Allah, I saw the father and brother of this woman besiegin a fortress for a long time, then we conquered it, the next morning we shared out the booty because of their actions
[al-Bukhari, Kitaab al-Magahzi, hadith 3928]

The provison of the sons of al-Khansaa'

When the four sons of al-Khansaa'were martyred and the news reached 'Umar, he said "Give al-Khansaa' the provision of her for sons, and continue to do that until shepasses away." And she continued to take two hundred dirahms for each of them each month until she passe away. [al-Idaarah al-Askariyah fee ad-Dawlah al-Islamiyyah, 2/764]
Back to top Go down

'Umar's care for the family of the Shuhadaa
Page 1 of 1