Darul Ilm

Darul Ilm

HomePortalFAQRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafii Rahimahullaah said: There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if thats the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.

Share | 

Secret Devotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Secret Devotion   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Bismillah
Secret Devotion

It is reported that Shurayh the Judge used to have a house in which he would spend time alone on Fridays; no one knew what he did in it.
Al-Dhahab, Siyar Alm Al-Nubal` Vol.4 p105.

It is reported that Ab Al-liyah said, I learned writing and the Qur`n without my family noticing, and not a drop of ink was ever seen on my garment.
Ab Nuaym, Hilyatu Al-Awliy` Vol. 2 p217.

It is reported that when Ibn Ab Layl prayed [at night], if someone entered [his house], he would lie down on his bed [as if he was sleeping].
Ibid. Vol. 4 p351.

It is reported that Ayyb Al-Sakhtiyn used to pray all night and hide it. In the morning, he would raise his voice as if he had just woken up.
Al-Dhahab, op. cit. Vol. 6 p17.

It is reported that Dwd b. Ab Hind fasted for forty years without his family knowing, he would take his lunch out with him and donate it in the street.
Ibid. Vol. 6 p378.

sis Anna from ummah posted this site, was looking through it, thought it was good: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/
Back to top Go down

Secret Devotion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1