Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

Do you Love Allah?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Do you Love Allah? Empty
PostSubject: Do you Love Allah?   Do you Love Allah? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Bismillah
aswrwb

"If we've fallen in love with something other than Allah, then know for sure, we've fallen hard."

Allah says in the Qur'an...
Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that you have gained; the commerce in which you fear a decline:[i] or the dwellings in which you delight – are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause, then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious (9:24)

Ponder over this ayah in the Qur'an, because I'm sure like me you all have something in your lives you want to change, maybe increase in good, take the next step but you're finding it difficult. As humans I guess we are inclined to fall in love, we fall in love with people and objects, although it may not be the same type of love. Then would you say you love your Internet or TV more than Allah because you miss your salaah? Because I would. If we loved Allah, if we truly loved Allah we would not be sinning, we would not be doing the evil things in our lives..

But we're human right? And we're weak.. and Allah is forgiving, and we have the change to repent and turn back and change ourselves. Do you love Allah? Ask yourself.. do you really love Allah? Because if you find that you have something in your life that is more beloved to you than Allah... then how can you truly love Him?

lecture: http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/lectures/safi-khan/ <-- He Loves Me He Loves Me Not.
Back to top Go down
Nisaa

Female Number of posts : 2677
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Do you Love Allah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Love Allah?   Do you Love Allah? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 am

I know people have probably read this before buuut it's on the topic. ^_^

Ibn al-Qaiyim mentioned: ten causes that result in Allah's love for His slave and the slave's love for his Lord. [These ten are:]

• First, reciting the Qur'an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it.
  • Second, getting closer to Allah by performing voluntary deeds after completing obligatory deeds. This is as is stated in a Hadith Qudsi: "My slave continues getting closer to Me by performing voluntary deeds until I love him." [al-Bukhari]
  • Third, continual remembrance of Allah under all circumstances, with one's tongue, heart and actions. The extent of one's love of Allah is determined by this.
  • Fourth, giving precedence to what He loves over what you love when you are overtaken by your desires.
  • Fifth, the heart being avid of Allah's Names, and Attributes and the heart roaming in that garden of knowledge.
  • Sixth, observing Allah's kindness, goodness and bounties, both hidden and open.
  • Seventh, and this is the most wonderful, the heart being soft, subdued and meek before Allah.
  • Eighth, being alone with Allah during the time when the Lord descends during the last portion of the night while reading His Book and ending that by asking for forgiveness and repenting.
  • Ninth, sitting with the beloved and sincere, benefitting from the most fruitful of their speech. And not to speak unless speaking is more beneficial and you know that it will improve your state and be beneficial to others.
  • Tenth, remaining away from every cause that comes between the heart and Allah.

These ten causes take the lovers to the station of true love and bring them to their Beloved.
Back to top Go down
AVeiled
Ummati, Ummati, Ummati
AVeiled

Female Number of posts : 289
Location : I'm Here, for now, but only yearn to be in one place; Firdows.
Religion : From the Ummah of the Beloved (s.a.w)
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Do you Love Allah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Love Allah?   Do you Love Allah? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:31 pm

inshallah i pray that we all instil the love of Allah into our hearts, his dhikr into our hearts, mind and tongue, and to love His Beloved (s.a.w); if we truly love Allah and Hiis Messenger, we would follow them and stay away frrom anything that even chances at taking us away from them for even a moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you Love Allah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Love Allah?   Do you Love Allah? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you Love Allah?
Page 1 of 1