Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA Empty
PostSubject: The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA   The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:42 pm

Uthmaan, radiallahu anhu narrated, "In spite of embracing Islam, Uthmaan ibn Madh'un used to move freely because he was given shelter by Walid ibn al-Mughirah. But when he saw other Companions of the Messenger of Allah being persecuted by the idolaters, he thought, 'By Allah, this is not good that I would live and move in peace due to the shelter provided by an idolater and my friends and brothers in religion be put to trials and persecutions which are not borne by me. This is a real weakness of my soul.'

Therefore, he went to Walid bin Mughirah and told him, 'O Abu Shams! You have fulfilled your responsibility. Now I am no more interested to live under your protection.' He asked, 'My nephew! Why is it so, has someone among my tribe has done any harm to you?' Uthmaan ibn Madh'un replied, 'Not so; but I am pleased with the protection given by Allah, the Exalted, the Sublime, to me. I do not want to contract any other person for this.' He said, 'Then come to the Masjid [al-Haram] and declare publicly that you are no more under my protection as I had declared publicly when I took you under my protection.'

Therefore both of them came ot the Masjid [al-Haram]. Walid told the idolaters over there, 'He is Uthmaan. He has come here to declare that he is no more under my protection.' Uthmaan told them, 'He has told the truth. I have always found him a faithful and fine protector, but now I have decided not to contract anyone from my protection besides Allah. Therefore I decline his protection.' After saying that, Uthmaan left the place. On his way he came across Labid bin Rabi'ah bin Maalik ibn Kilaab al-Qaisi, who was reciting his poems in one of the assemblies of the Quraish. Uthmaan also sat down there. Labid recited the following line:

'Be informed! Everything besides Allah is vain and futile'

On hearing that, Uthmaan appreciated it and said, 'You told the truth.' Then Labid recited the second line of the couplet:

'And every comfort [and ease] will surely end'

On hearing that Uthmaan said, 'You told a lie. The comforts of the people of the Paradise will never end.' Labid exclaimed, 'O the people of Quraish! By Allah, none amongst you have teased me in this way before this. What a new thing has been developed now?' One of the Quraish said, 'He is one of the foolish persons who have joined him [i.e. the Prophet] and have renounced our religion. Please don't feel bad about his remark.' Uthmaan gave him a befitting answer due to which an exchange of words took place between them, and he slapped Uthmaan's face in such a way that his eye was blackened [i.e. damaged].

Walid ibn Mughirah was sitting nearby and was seeing all that with which Uthmaan suffered. He said, 'My nephew! By Allah your eye would not have been damaged in this way if you were under my protection.' Uthmaan replied, 'My other eye, which is right and well, is also in search of the same fate in the cause of Allah which has been met by its sister. Now I am under the protection of the One Who is Exalted and All-Powerful, O Abu Shams!'

Then Uthmaan ibn Madh'un recited the following couplets in connection with the incident that took place to his eye:

It is nothing that my eye has suffered at the hands of an apostate and misguided person

For the Rahmaan will give reward for this. O people! The person is successful and fortunate with whom the Rahmaan is pleased

I may be foolish, misguided and an apostate in your eyes, but [I am pleased that] I am following the religion of the Messenger, Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wa

I need though this [nearness to] Allah; and our religion is True although the people who revolt and have a grudge against us would dislike it

Ali ibn Abi Taalib compsed the following verses on the incident that took place to Uthmaan ibn Madh'un's eye:

Are you crying and feeling sorrow like greived people; in the memory of the age which is not peaceful

In the memory of the foolish nation which is persecuting and doing cruelty to those who exhort to the Religion [i.e. Islam]

These people will not keep themselves away from indecencies until the time they are safe; and the act of treachery is open to them

Did you not see that Allah has reduced His blessings for them. We are certainly enraged for [the suffering of] Uthmaan bin Madh'un

When they slapped him and I did not have any fear for the loss of his eye. They attacked him again and again and beat him shamefully

Allah will soon take revenge for this. He will give them a befitting punishment whenever they die- sooner or later "
Back to top Go down
-Fady-

Male Number of posts : 453
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2007-11-21

The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA   The Sufferings Borne by Uthmaan ibn Madh'un RA Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:53 am

Subhan Allah, JazakAllahu khair

May Allah be pleased with him and please him.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darul Ilm :: Learn About Islam :: Personalities-
Jump to: