Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Darul Ilm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darul Ilm

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterArcadeLog in
Imaam al-Shaafi’i Rahimahullaah said: ‘There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that’s the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allaah `Azza Wa Jall.’

The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Empty
PostSubject: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Assalaamu 3aleykum,

An excellent book which should be read by all of us....I myself have started reading it just now....but of course I had to share it with you guys...

The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 by Ibn Abi Hisham Al Muhajir

http://www.archive.org/download/TheIncompleteHistory-MuslimsInAndalusAfter1492ByIbnAbiHishamAl/TheIncompleteHistory-AndalusAfter1492.pdf
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

Male Number of posts : 1423
Religion : Islam
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Ah man.. I just printed out over 200 pages.. The lives of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir.. have to read that first.. AFTER i finish 'This is our Aqeedah' ... really should stop printing scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Man this book captured my heart....it so interesting....one of the best books I have read....**cough** after The Ring of the Dove....of course .....
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:21 pm

rotfl

Quote :
Man this book captured my heart

How much have you read?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 pm

eek jazakAllahu khayr for this, ima be doing a presentation on Muslims in Spain so could use it Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Al Hamrawi saves the day...again...
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm

What does Al-Hamrawi mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

BUMP

I wanted to bump this thread for a long time, since Ramadhan, but I'm pretty sure you were all deeply involved in 'Ibaadah roll eyes so I didn't want to disturb you...

al-Hamrawi doesn't really mean anything, I called myself al-Hamrawi because I love the al-Hamra palace in Andalus (or Alhambra as the westerners call it).

Just like Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi was from Zarqa in Jordan he was called Zarqawi (lit. the one from Zarqa).
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 am

Are you feeling alright? 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Yes I am....why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
Abu Hafsa
Knight of Islam
Abu Hafsa

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:08 am

Cause u were replying to a question posted long ago..

Anyways, I finished reading the book last week. It does a very good job in connecting the past to the present.. alhumdulillah. Very very good book mashAllah.. Muslims should read it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:51 am

Abu Sulayman wrote:
Man this book captured my heart....it so interesting....one of the best books I have read....**cough** after The Ring of the Dove....of course .....

Tsk tsk you still haven't given me your list of recommended books. You promised you'd get back to me but you forgot! I'm still waiting for that list. Akhi I just looked up "The Ring of the Doves" I haven't read it but it seems to be talking a lot about love scratch I didn't know you were a hopeless romantic (jokes aside) masha'Allah it looks pretty good! I'll defo be reading this one!

Quote :
If I perish of desire
As a martyr I'll expire,
But if thou art kind to me
I'll survive rejoicingly.

Men most worth our confidence
Have informed us in this sense,
Fathers who were true and wise,
Innocent of guile and lies.

The book has many lovely poems, cry

Recommend more book please!
Back to top Go down
Admin
FrequentlyAbsent (EvenThoughFounder)
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3564
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Quote :
Akhi I just looked up "The Ring of the Doves" I haven't read it but it seems to be talking a lot about love

It is about love.
Back to top Go down
https://darulilm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492   The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Incomplete History- Muslims in Andalus after 1492
Page 1 of 1